Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

AR2500

Reaction score
Can a dealer deliver a vehicle with an open recall (ZA3)? Interesting, checked the tracker this morning and it now says it SHIPPED from Saltillo 10/18 (with no ETA). 0FB1B08A-9A5F-4705-8AC6-11E3BC976660.pngLast word from dealer was that it was still in Mexico with no ETA.

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
Can a dealer deliver a vehicle with an open recall (ZA3)? Interesting, checked the tracker this morning and it now says it SHIPPED from Saltillo 10/18 (with no ETA). View attachment 47550Last word from dealer was that it was still in Mexico with no ETA.
According to my dealer it can. It just can’t leave the dealer until fixed.

migz_74

Reaction score
Can a dealer deliver a vehicle with an open recall (ZA3)? Interesting, checked the tracker this morning and it now says it SHIPPED from Saltillo 10/18 (with no ETA). View attachment 47550Last word from dealer was that it was still in Mexico with no ETA.
Is that my truck? Just kidding, I ordered the same truck. Mine is headed to the dealership but won't be able to release it. I was going to be getting this week

AR2500

Reaction score
Is that my truck? Just kidding, I ordered the same truck. Mine is headed to the dealership but won't be able to release it. I was going to be getting this week
You have excellent taste in trucks! Will be the same situation for me.

Pugtracker

Reaction score
have you reached out to Mike McDonald? Mine was ordered 03 March and just shipped a couple weeks ago. It only shipped because Mike called the MX plant and made them put it on a train instead of a boat. It took a couple weeks to get his attention, but once I did; he has done everything he said he would.
How do I get in touch with mike McDonald, I ordered my truck in march 2022

Orion67

Reaction score
First time poster. Order 2022 Ram 2500 Limited crew cab 6.4 Hemi on 05-10-22. Received VIN and VON a week later. Was built July 20. Was supposed to be delivered to my dealer in Maryland on august 28. That date came and went. My dealer said it's still sitting at the border. Anyone know what's going on? appreciate any info. Thanks

Trwiii

Reaction score
If my truck is parked in the middle of one of these rows towards the center. What is the timeframe for getting it out?
Next year I would figure. I ordered in May also it seems units finished in July or August are trapped in the lot . I needed my truck for my business and this tax year. I’m going to call Monday and cancel this order and try to find a HO somewhere. At least they are sellable. The shipping delays and now a recall with no fix could possibly put deliveries into late 1st quarter of next year.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Recently saw the picture of mixing lot, anyone actually know how many vehicles are sitting there, looked to be about 750 in that one visible section

McGuyver

Reaction score
I can't keep from thinking RAM detected some defect in these new trucks and decided to fix them at the factory instead of shipping them out and then dealing with the recalls. I've heard others say they can't ship because the railroad wants more money. The delays could be from a combination of these two things or a number of other factors, but who knows, since RAM seems to be very poor at communicating with the customer with any meaningful information. I imagine there are several thousand trucks setting at the factory and this equates to hundreds of millions of dollars. That is a very large sum of money tied up because they aren't sold to the customer yet. Mine has been built since Sept. 2nd. Yes, I'm pissed because it's taken so much longer than the original estimate delivery of August 16th, but I truly believe RAM is doing everything in their power to get these trucks across the border. This whole experience has soured the excitement of first time RAM owner and first time special ordering a truck. My 11 year old Tundra is still going strong so I just hope this new RAM last that long.

My truck was ordered on April 25th with 2 missed delivery dates so far. As of early this week it now shows "shipped" with estimate delivery of Dec 2nd, but at this point, who knows how much faith to put into those dates.
Announced recall on one of the transmissions ( fire hazzard)

Svend02703

Reaction score
Recently saw the picture of mixing lot, anyone actually know how many vehicles are sitting there, looked to be about 750 in that one visible section
I know my dealer recently told me that my truck was sitting in Mexico with 29,000 others. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Orion67

Reaction score
Next year I would figure. I ordered in May also it seems units finished in July or August are trapped in the lot . I needed my truck for my business and this tax year. I’m going to call Monday and cancel this order and try to find a HO somewhere. At least they are sellable. The shipping delays and now a recall with no fix could possibly put deliveries into late 1st quarter of next year.
That's exactly the reason i ordered mine in May hoping i would get it in 5 or 6 month. at least before the end of the year and before end of this tax year. I guess i should have ordered it earlier...That really sucks

Lst1504

Reaction score
N
That's exactly the reason i ordered mine in May hoping i would get it in 5 or 6 month. at least before the end of the year and before end of this tax year. I guess i should have ordered it earlier...That really sucks
Not that the recall doesn't complicate actual delivery to the customer , but I have as gas motor on order , built 8/17 still no shipping date or delivery estimate

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Standard output Diesels are the only ones affected
I found an article that said it was the diesels with the 68RFE transmissions.
As BRV10 states this trany is not used with the HO's. The HO's use the AS69RC trany.
Look at your build sheets if you want to know what trany you have in your truck.

gindyhood

Reaction score
Well, my truck made it to Illinois, due to be delivered any day now to my dealer in Indiana. Now it's part of the recall. Just when I thought things were going so well. I opened a case with Ram Care. I'll see what comes of that. If the truck can't leave the dealer until March, why in the world would I pay the agreed upon amount for a truck that's already half a model year (or more) old. Not to mention my 2020 trade in may not be worth anything by then. I'll hold on as I do not need it until April, but the pot has to be sweet to prevent me from moving on to something else.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to RAM/STELLANTIS for info on what happens when the 23s come out and our trucks are still sitting on the ground in Mexico

Lettikka

Reaction score
I don't have access but it would only make sense that the 2023's get in line for shipping. You would think this would mean they would ship after all of the 2022's were gone but I am certain this will not be the case. There have been many trucks that were built waaayyy after mine that were seemingly very similar, same engine, body, wheel set up..... that have shipped and been delivered while mine remains in MX. I can't tell if it is as simple as a truck getting stuck in the back of a lot, or there is damage that takes time to fix or it is just easier to push the more convenient ones onto the train/truck/boat. I have been on this forum for a while now and it does not seem that anyone has solved the equation for why some ship quickly while others do not. Long story short I don't think that will change when the 2023's start rolling off the line.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
The same thing has probably been going on for years, we just didn't know about it.
It seems ro me nobody is getting a truck that is stuck in the middle of that mixing yard. That has to be the hold up

Users who are viewing this thread