Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
He hasn’t called yet..
Sometime a while back someone posted their truck showed up at the dealer and the tracker was showing shipping TBD. I’ve also seen the same story on FB ..
The tracker is alright I guess but I still don’t believe it’s to reliable towards the end with shipping. I was wondering with the trucks coming from Mexico if they have to set for a certain amount of time before shipping inside the us, kinda how customs holds items coming in …
There is no telling…and trying to figure it out drives me to drink! Not that I ever needed an excuse :cool:

Let me know what he says, curious minds want to know

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
There is no telling…and trying to figure it out drives me to drink! Not that I ever needed an excuse :cool:

Let me know what he says, curious minds want to know
Drinking does nothing for me anymore… Ever since Covid I can get the funnel out and fill up, nothing happens or even creeps up on me .. So I can drink every one under the table and retired the undefeated champion at the refuge……

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Drinking does nothing for me anymore… Ever since Covid I can get the funnel out and fill up, nothing happens or even creeps up on me .. So I can drink every one under the table and retired the undefeated champion at the refuge……
I do enjoy my evening “apéritif”…and then some! No, doesn’t have that effect anymore, but sure helps me sleep through to the 2am bathroom run…LOL

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Email from Aaron…. Still setting at Port Allen, they are still checking in trucks from last week, and now I’m thinking July 6th isn’t going to happen…… So we are keeping our reservation the same and will pull with the Power Wagon . I’m at the point with this that I don’t care if it circles the globe 4 times before they get it..

Last edited:

CTow

Reaction score
I spoke with him this morning. He just recently got 72 trucks in at once. My tracker still says TBD and it reached him Friday or possibly earlier.
We may all be sitting there together but too backed up to know. I’m betting we’re all there now.
I’m doing finance right now with Thomas.
Fingers crossed for you guys
Mine has been sitting in davisville awaiting a 4 hr ride to Long Island for a month they keep changing the date if it doesn’t show soon maybe you can get it I need it to go to Chrysler at Carlisle on the 14th and camping on the 24th I’ll rent a truck and cancel

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in davisville awaiting a 4 hr ride to Long Island for a month they keep changing the date if it doesn’t show soon maybe you can get it I need it to go to Chrysler at Carlisle on the 14th and camping on the 24th I’ll rent a truck and cancel
I guess we’re all getting frustrated with the process. It’s not the shipping from Mexico, more with dealers moving trucks from the ports. Theirs no logical reason a truck should set at a port for 30 days or more before being sent to the dealer. I was told a month ago the longest it’d set was 2 weeks and that didn’t happen. Aaron said they had over 250 trucks roll in the end of last week at MD and it seems they can’t handle shipments of that quantity. They still have trucks waiting to be brought to them and I feel all this is going to back them up for several weeks .

IowaPW

Reaction score
I guess we’re all getting frustrated with the process. It’s not the shipping from Mexico, more with dealers moving trucks from the ports. Theirs no logical reason a truck should set at a port for 30 days or more before being sent to the dealer. I was told a month ago the longest it’d set was 2 weeks and that didn’t happen. Aaron said they had over 250 trucks roll in the end of last week at MD and it seems they can’t handle shipments of that quantity. They still have trucks waiting to be brought to them and I feel all this is going to back them up for several weeks .
It's not really on the dealer. It's the truck transport companies. They are so backed up and also have trucker shortages.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
It's not really on the dealer. It's the truck transport companies. They are so backed up and also have trucker shortages.
That’s what they say but we have no problem getting things delivered to the shop and we have things come from all over the country. From the email from Aaron he knows what’s setting at the port but doesn’t prioritize delivery’s based on order dates, they just have whatever brought up so naturally if something is setting in the back whatever is up front gets picked up first.
It’s just getting frustrating knowing it’s in the states , not moving , and dates getting pushed back.
I really feel for those that their truck is built and has been setting in Mexico waiting on venders to finish up. Maybe that’s why Ram sales are down almost 25%

CTow

Reaction score
When I ordered1:2/22 I was told march. April the latest march 15 it was built great
It sat in Mexico till may it took a boat ride to davivsville and has been sitting there for a month I can be there with traffic in 4 hrs my dealer said they don’t like the trucks because they can’t move as many on a truck and they can put more cars on to deliver pad get more money I was unable to go to a air show and sell merch now I’m going to Carlisle and had to pay for Lodging instead of using my trailer so if it not here on the 9th as they say they can deal with it

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
When I ordered1:2/22 I was told march. April the latest march 15 it was built great
It sat in Mexico till may it took a boat ride to davivsville and has been sitting there for a month I can be there with traffic in 4 hrs my dealer said they don’t like the trucks because they can’t move as many on a truck and they can put more cars on to deliver pad get more money I was unable to go to a air show and sell merch now I’m going to Carlisle and had to pay for Lodging instead of using my trailer so if it not here on the 9th as they say they can deal with it
Well if MD asses around for another 2 weeks before they have it brought up they’ll just have to hold it till mid august when we get back. I’ve clearly told them I have reservations and I’m not changing them because they can’t for fill what they more or less guaranteed.. I probably like you have stressed over this for a few weeks and I’m done..

IowaPW

Reaction score
Well if MD asses around for another 2 weeks before they have it brought up they’ll just have to hold it till mid august when we get back. I’ve clearly told them I have reservations and I’m not changing them because they can’t for fill what they more or less guaranteed.. I probably like you have stressed over this for a few weeks and I’m done..
And...there are many others going to MD just like you....waiting for their rig. I stressed over it as well...not much you can do though. Just wait it out. It's worth it.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
And...there are many others going to MD just like you....waiting for their rig. I stressed over it as well...not much you can do though. Just wait it out. It's worth it.
I just wanted this all squared away before our trip so I don’t have to worry about a phone call or delivery while away. I do not want it delivered to the shop if I’m not there to look over it . So if they can’t have it to me before we leave I hope they understand and can hold it. If not I guess it’s theirs and I’ll do something different . That will really be my only choice

mr hankey

Reaction score
I ordered my first truck here on Long Island but I cancelled and went through Louisiana. I think we aren’t in the same boat right now. My Long Island order (according to the tracker) still hasn’t been shipped so I feel for you. Probably because it’s no longer a sold order.

CTow

Reaction score
I ordered my first truck here on Long Island but I cancelled and went through Louisiana. I think we aren’t in the same boat right now. My Long Island order (according to the tracker) still hasn’t been shipped so I feel for you. Probably because it’s no longer a sold order.
On the 13th if you want browns will have a loaded limited silver mega cab if ram doesn’t com though I don’t need one till next year I have made reservations for a rental I lost out on two vacation and I’m not getting any younger I was supposed to look for retirement places this year

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
What a tremendous experience! From start to finish this has been the best instance for buying a new vehicle for us. We picked up the new Power Wagon at Chapman in Horsham PA Friday morning after driving from Pittsburgh (got a free upgrade to a HEMI Charger on rental-score!) the night before. We arrived about 20 mins early for appointment, but were welcomed by some of the most friendly and genuine staff I have seen at a dealership. The transaction was highly efficient without being rushed at all. Numbers were exactly as conveyed throughout the deal, with only the aforementioned $196 increase from time of order despite the $2400 increase on the sticker.

The truck was sitting out front cleaned up, fully fueled, and ready to roll (I did check the fuses and yes they did need to be fully seated). Was also surrounded by about 15+ TRX orders that had just arrived. We mentioned we were also going to be looking at a new '22 Jeep GC to in the upcoming year and the gentleman handling our finance actually brought one up for us to look at that his father-in-law had just ordered.

When talking with the folks at Chapman they did say you don't automatically get the % below invoice deal unless you mention the forum(s) and their standard price is MSRP on orders. So thank you to everyone on the forum and keep spreading the word. The few vehicles that are not sold orders on the lot are all over MSRP with "market increase".

Had to air down the tires a bit for a better ride (were at ~72 psi) before we hit the turnpike then started the journey home keeping it at lower speeds for first couple hundred miles and tempering our rapid return with frequent stops to enjoy the less than glorious PA Turnpike Service centers. Made it home Friday evening in time to install my Diamondback bed cover and new Weathertech HP (WAY BETTER than old stiff style Weathertechs) before the very annoying snow storm hit.

Truck is schedule for window tint, Ceramic Pro- Silver coating, and the RP-342 undercoating next week so it leaves me enough time of it not being driven to talk my wife into letting me replace the perfectly fine brand new 33" Duratracs with some 35's.

How do you like your Diamondback so far?

Burgs04

Reaction score
ok i am going to ask the most stupid question in the world today. correct me if i am wrong the equipment listings and window stick only become available when the truck is build correct??
Yes

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
ok i am going to ask the most stupid question in the world today. correct me if i am wrong the equipment listings and window stick only become available when the truck is build correct??
It is but
It’s more like a girlfriend showing you her boobs for the first time and then making you wait several months for the rest….
Here’s a window sticker and a build sheet. Maybe later I’ll toss ya something else like a shipping statice .. LOL

gator6

Reaction score
RDS backlog times right now are running 60-70 business days (12-14 weeks). Sound familiar? I ended up buying a new one from a Mom and Pop out of Florida (3G Toolboxes, Perry, FL, https://3gtoolboxes.com/). The day after I placed the order, Tina called me to let me know the turnaround times (which I already knew), but she had a contact in Alabama that had 3 in stock. It cost me $100 more, but the tank arrived FedEx freight the very next day. I had already sold my 2500, so you should have seen the look on my wife’s face when I told her I needed to use her Mercedes SUV to go pick it up because an 18 wheeler couldn’t fit in our neighborhood…:D:p:D:p

I saw one on Marketplace, I think it was only 65gal, around the Beaumont area for $800. I’m hoping to find a deal like that out here on the west coast.

With fuel prices the way they are, some people are offloading their trucks for more fuel efficient vics. Dealers will tell you they aren’t buying the accessories, so if you leave them you’re walking away from money.

Hoping someone is selling what I’m looking for and saving a bit. Then again I could be dreaming and just order something from a store like Northern Tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread