Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Nealy065

Reaction score
I have no idea how this process works and have been lurking and reading everyone's posts...... Is it possible that some dealers don't have the allocation for factory orders, take the order anyway, beg to submit the order, get the order submitted, and Ram puts those orders on the back burner? I just don't understand how Mark Dodge can pump these orders out like this and the other dealers struggle to get simple updates or orders delivered in a timely manner. I don't understand why some have to wait and then I watch mine rocket ship through the process. I don't like cutting the line and I feel like that's what I'm doing. Sorry
It’s all a total disaster, mine is a MD order and has been built since 03/06 and I still can’t get any updates on shipping. Pretty sure it’s still sitting in Mexico. 87 Days

Aero_Dave

Reaction score

99mo

Reaction score

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
Nothing changed, I'll take it as a good thing

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

I ask my sales person every Thursday for an update, this is my log
BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22
BG - 4/7/22
BG - 4/14/22
BX - 4/21/22
BG - 4/28/22
D - 5/5/22
D - 5/12/22
D - 5/19/22
D1 - 5/24/22
D1 - 5/26/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/2/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Well, how screwed up are our RR's? Now I am seeing vehicles being shipped to Port Allen by truck, Laredo to Midlothian to Port Allen
I'd heard this from a salesman at my dealer about two weeks ago, thought it was a load of s*** originally... but this just shows things are only going to get worse before they eventually get better. Hopefully they get better?

Randy1021

Reaction score
Well, how screwed up are our RR's? Now I am seeing vehicles being shipped to Port Allen by truck, Laredo to Midlothian to Port Allen
Pretty screwed up it appears. Mine is shipping by truck to Laredo, where it will be loaded on another truck to Oklahoma according to dealer. Tracking website still shows it hasn't shipped and ETA is TBD, the new version of RamChat said this morning that ETA is 6/4 - 6/7.

Randy1021

Reaction score
Yup, it's an automated robot now. They go through a series of questions which will ultimately re-route you to the new online order tracker so that we aren't contacting them for updates anymore.
The new chat feature is just a small orange tab in the bottom right of the screen in the FCA Customer Care screen. I was able to get through to a real person. It will first try to get you to go to the tracking page, then it gives you the option to select your manufacturer or "Other" and then type in "Advocate". You'll wait a minute or so and a person will come online and you have to give VIN, Address, Phone Number and Email Address like in the previous RamChat system.

Sancroix

Reaction score
The new chat feature is just a small orange tab in the bottom right of the screen in the FCA Customer Care screen. I was able to get through to a real person. It will first try to get you to go to the tracking page, then it gives you the option to select your manufacturer or "Other" and then type in "Advocate". You'll wait a minute or so and a person will come online and you have to give VIN, Address, Phone Number and Email Address like in the previous RamChat system.
Hahahah! The bot's name was Stella; works for Stellantis

1654198887257.png

QuattroCS

Reaction score
It's in the news, UP laid off like 4500 people as well as the other RR, part of the master plan.
That's basically what i was going to say, its not a shortage or railcars, its a shortage of staff. They probably have unions and like mileage logs for truckers, there probably something similar locomotive engineers. I think they predicted the pandemic incorrectly, quick to ramp down, very slow to ramp up. So now to trucks and the already overloaded trucking network.

Keep calm, do your best. the ripple effects i think will last a bit more than any of us would like them to.

@NightTrain On the orders that go straight out. seems like that message from yesterday is starting to make sense. they have run out of room, and now instead of FIFO (First-In-First-Out) is LIFO (Last-In-First-Out), it seems they are at full capacity or production is faster than shipping. This seems to now be a critical mass point. I would hope they shifted gears, if trains are able to keep up with production that they storage facilities would get organized and shipped by truck.

What they hoped or thought was going to happen is not materializing. I would hope that they would get truckers to just move the inventory from Santillo to State side. then a staging yard State side, hotshot or trucking from there to where they need to go regionally. once the trucks are stateside they can move more freely within the system. There are many looking for work, i understand there may be rail contracts, there should also be SLA being observed.

Ultimately all we have are opinions. I would hope that they listen and do something or that these details and historic data makes it to a more "public" ear.

How can we get a drone or satellite imagery, who's going to Santillo to get eyes on the situation? (LOL)

Burgs04

Reaction score
How would one go about getting the last name changed on a vehicle order?

The original person who ordered the truck canceled their order and I ended up agreeing to purchase it and ram status tracking website won't work because of the last name difference. Ram chat won't tell me anything. I have to call ram to get a status update. Dealer says it's in transit.

Kinda stuck at this point.

IowaPW

Reaction score
How would one go about getting the last name changed on a vehicle order?

The original person who ordered the truck canceled their order and I ended up agreeing to purchase it and ram status tracking website won't work because of the last name difference. Ram chat won't tell me anything. I have to call ram to get a status update. Dealer says it's in transit.

Kinda stuck at this point.
Use ram tracker and the old name and VON.

Users who are viewing this thread