Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Lowbagg

Reaction score
Sandi told me today that when my truck reaches the port it'll be 2 to 3 weeks before moving to them
I posted the phone number for the yard in Port Allen. My truck spent two days there. I called and they put it on the very next truck heading to MD. This was back end of March beginning of April.

Lowbagg

Reaction score
Sandi told me today that when my truck reaches the port it'll be 2 to 3 weeks before moving to them
The number is 225-259-0525. That is the number to the receiving area in Port Allen. The lady was EXTREMELY nice. Make sure you have the last eight of the VIN number.

A note for everyone: I used this number only because the update system was down and I wanted to find my truck. She said it arrived on the lot, and then asked if I wanted it loaded on the next delivery truck. I DID NOT use that number to hassle or badger the company in anyway or to get my truck faster. SHE OFFERED, I accepted.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
The number is 225-259-0525. That is the number to the receiving area in Port Allen. The lady was EXTREMELY nice. Make sure you have the last eight of the VIN number.

A note for everyone: I used this number only because the update system was down and I wanted to find my truck. She said it arrived on the lot, and then asked if I wanted it loaded on the next delivery truck. I DID NOT use that number to hassle or badger the company in anyway or to get my truck faster. SHE OFFERED, I accepted.
Thanks a lot ! I’ll give them a call in 9 or 10 days to see if they’ve got it

The Real Glee

Reaction score
Ok, I need some help with the new tracking site. I got my VON recently from the dealer and was excited to see what was going on with my order, type in my last name and discover that the tracker says my last name isn't valid, mess with it more till my last name is valid and enter VON then darned if I've hit the 5 denial limit to contact RAM directly. I emailed RAM with my issues and have not heard a peep from them. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks !
If it was ordered under the name of a business or a trust etc. the tracker can’t find it.

Reaction score
My dealer has no knowledge, no accurate insight and shows no sense of urgency regarding the whereabouts of my truck and/or when it’s expected to arrive. They’re not even aware of (or care to look at) the new Ram Tracker on their own website!

How these dealerships survive is beyond me. It must be a really lucrative business when all they have to do is hire salesmen/women to run numbers on a sales sheet, walk up to a counter they never seem to be able to look over & hand it to a manager who coaches them thru the sale!

Then there’s the finance guy/gal who always wants to make you feel like they’re doing you some sort of favor(?)

To top it ALL off, there’s the service department… go in for something as simple as an oil change and listen to a myriad of crap you don’t need to have done!

For now, all I want to know is when my truck will actually arrive so I can pay for it and leave. I’ve owned countless trucks throughout the years & this purchasing experience was (by far) the WORST!!!

“Yes” - I’m pissed. I passed up on trucks that popped up on lots that I could have bought, but didn’t because I felt bad about cancelling my order + the dealer assured me that my truck (ordered December 21st) would be delivered “well before” May 1st (which was the drop-dead date I needed it by).

If someone (anyone) from corporate is reading this - SHAME ON YOU. If I were in charge I would initiate “Operation Clean Sweep” and replace dead-weight with people who have the ability to keeo their finger on the pulse of what’s going on and take appropriate corrective action in real-time. In other words, “Hire people who can get things done!”

When it comes down to it - if you can’t build & deliver trucks within a reasonable amount of time, stop taking orders! You wouldn’t like it if you gave a contractor a deposit to work on your house, only it takes him 6-months to get there when he originally told you he would be there in 3!!!!!!!!

Over extending yourselves and not being able to deliver is what’s pissing customers like me off (period)

andymac

Reaction score
If it was ordered under the name of a business or a trust etc. the tracker can’t find it.
I got mine figured out for my business truck. Entered it in all CAPS and the system found it. Unfortunately it showed me the same nonsense that RAMCHAT does which is your truck is built and is somewhere north of the equator due for delivery maybe before I die but maybe not.

Ram1shark

Reaction score
To the powers that be ,mark the sheet delivered Big booty Judy finally made it to the dealer 5-13 couple weeks by train , couple weeks in the rail yard in Nashville then a short ride to Gupton motors
Scheduled to go pick up on the 28th …. Big thanx to all who helped out w info and tracking etc will post a pic when I get sum ✌️
She made it home, no problems. Took the scenic route back home and for those who are curious averaged 17.5 mpg in 1200 ish miles. Truck has 3:73 gear

Attachments

• AD10AD56-7A19-406F-8543-1EB3290C4129.jpeg
    AD10AD56-7A19-406F-8543-1EB3290C4129.jpeg
    455.2 KB · Views: 40

AK_Rams

Reaction score
I have no idea how this process works and have been lurking and reading everyone's posts...... Is it possible that some dealers don't have the allocation for factory orders, take the order anyway, beg to submit the order, get the order submitted, and Ram puts those orders on the back burner? I just don't understand how Mark Dodge can pump these orders out like this and the other dealers struggle to get simple updates or orders delivered in a timely manner. I don't understand why some have to wait and then I watch mine rocket ship through the process. I don't like cutting the line and I feel like that's what I'm doing. Sorry

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I have no idea how this process works and have been lurking and reading everyone's posts...... Is it possible that some dealers don't have the allocation for factory orders, take the order anyway, beg to submit the order, get the order submitted, and Ram puts those orders on the back burner? I just don't understand how Mark Dodge can pump these orders out like this and the other dealers struggle to get simple updates or orders delivered in a timely manner. I don't understand why some have to wait and then I watch mine rocket ship through the process. I don't like cutting the line and I feel like that's what I'm doing. Sorry
I asked Sandi at Mark Dodge how they are able to sell a truck so cheap. She said they are a preferred dealer, they can sell cheaper , get trucks quicker because they order more and move them quickly. So I guess their orders take presidence over orders from a dealer that only gets a few trucks a month.

Sstiller

Reaction score
My dealer has no knowledge, no accurate insight and shows no sense of urgency regarding the whereabouts of my truck and/or when it’s expected to arrive. They’re not even aware of (or care to look at) the new Ram Tracker on their own website! --> I totally understand that. I keep getting told my truck is held up for this or that blah blah blah

How these dealerships survive is beyond me. It must be a really lucrative business when all they have to do is hire salesmen/women to run numbers on a sales sheet, walk up to a counter they never seem to be able to look over & hand it to a manager who coaches them thru the sale! --> This is probably due to high turn over rates ( I did my deal with an associate who no long works at that dealership)

Then there’s the finance guy/gal who always wants to make you feel like they’re doing you some sort of favor(?) --> This is every finance guy ever in any field lol

To top it ALL off, there’s the service department… go in for something as simple as an oil change and listen to a myriad of crap you don’t need to have done! --> I have not had this issue at a RAM dealer just the Chevy dealers

For now, all I want to know is when my truck will actually arrive so I can pay for it and leave. I’ve owned countless trucks throughout the years & this purchasing experience was (by far) the WORST!!! --> I would love this and Im sure many others here as well

“Yes” - I’m pissed. I passed up on trucks that popped up on lots that I could have bought, but didn’t because I felt bad about cancelling my order + the dealer assured me that my truck (ordered December 21st) would be delivered “well before” May 1st (which was the drop-dead date I needed it by). --> I have been looking for a truck like what I ordered close to what the MSRP is however I have not found any that I was willing to jump on

If someone (anyone) from corporate is reading this - SHAME ON YOU. If I were in charge I would initiate “Operation Clean Sweep” and replace dead-weight with people who have the ability to keeo their finger on the pulse of what’s going on and take appropriate corrective action in real-time. In other words, “Hire people who can get things done!” --> I feel this statement is 100% accurate however I feel like the days of "Hire people who can get things done" is long gone not in the sense companys dont want them oh they do want them however those people do not exist in the real world any more my generation has ruined a lot of things and what I call "the want too" is done gone

When it comes down to it - if you can’t build & deliver trucks within a reasonable amount of time, stop taking orders! You wouldn’t like it if you gave a contractor a deposit to work on your house, only it takes him 6-months to get there when he originally told you he would be there in 3!!!!!!!! --> I agree but my question is where is that line and I dont think they fully understood exactly the issues they had coming. I say that due to them trying to solve this very issue by removing options and restrictions on orders

Over extending yourselves and not being able to deliver is what’s pissing customers like me off (period)

pacnw1963

Reaction score

I asked Sandi at Mark Dodge how they are able to sell a truck so cheap. She said they are a preferred dealer, they can sell cheaper , get trucks quicker because they order more and move them quickly. So I guess their orders take presidence over orders from a dealer that only gets a few trucks a month.

Yes, MD does seem to be all of the above. But I will say again, there is no rhyme or reason to the order of anything when it comes to orders. @AK_Rams , you are by far the exception over many a order. I am a MD order as well, ordered 3/10, built 5/19, sent off to vendors, and now is lost somewhere in the black hole of vendors or storage at Tracomex. And there are MD orders on the spreadsheet that go back as far as 2021 that have not even been built yet...so who knows? You hit the lottery of timing and parts, and just so happens, all of the stars and planets aligned just perfectly for your order to process through the way that it did. We're jealous and envious, but it is what it is!!! We're happy for ya! :cool:

Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride...

Last edited:

Scubaz66

Reaction score
What I'd like to know is what's causing the Rail Car shortage? I believe we had the same number of rail cars we had the past few months but now they are being used for something else? These are rail cars that transport autos primarily. Is the government using them to transport military supplies? Something doesn't add up.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is what's causing the Rail Car shortage? I believe we had the same number of rail cars we had the past few months but now they are being used for something else? These are rail cars that transport autos primarily. Is the government using them to transport military supplies? Something doesn't add up.
It's in the news, UP laid off like 4500 people as well as the other RR, part of the master plan.

pacnw1963

Reaction score

This article is from 2019 but is the most informative and explains everything. The problems from 2019 have only escalated over the last 3 years and become far worse:

https://www.automotive-fleet.com/342132/why-railcar-constraints-continue-to-impact-fleet-otd

tim3500

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread