Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

NightTrain

Reaction score
April 18th dealer told me should expect it July or August
I was told 4 months and thought I hit the jackpot when my truck was built 1 month after ordering. I had no idea I’d spend the next 3 months in shipping - and I’m still waiting on the final truck ride from the port to my dealer. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

Anyway, I started reading the other sections of this forum to help pass the time and ended up with a garage full of parts for mods and some knowledge thanks to the members on this site. The wait is frustrating for sure but I have yet to read a post from a member here who took delivery after waiting months for their truck and said it wasn’t worth the wait. Hang in there - you’ll be glad you did.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I was told 4 months and thought I hit the jackpot when my truck was built 1 month after ordering. I had no idea I’d spend the next 3 months in shipping - and I’m still waiting on the final truck ride from the port to my dealer. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

Anyway, I started reading the other sections of this forum to help pass the time and ended up with a garage full of parts for mods and some knowledge thanks to the members on this site. The wait is frustrating for sure but I have yet to read a post from a member here who took delivery after waiting months for their truck and said it wasn’t worth the wait. Hang in there - you’ll be glad you did.
I think many of us have a building full of parts setting in wait.. So what all did you get ?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
See if this link works. It’s the CEO of Pilot Flying J’s. We may not be able to get DEF soon. Maybe I Should cancel my 3500 Cumins order?
It's a Tick Toc video. Is this where today's population is getting their news? I've seen nothing on the news or in the media talking about an upcoming shortage. Stuff like this starts a frenzy in the business world like covid and the toilet paper shortage. How many people still have 100+ rolls of toilet paper in their garage or basement?? At 66 years old I've never encountered having problems obtaining whatever I needed in this country. Quit listening to the bull crap and following the idiots....... LOL

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
I think many of us have a building full of parts setting in wait.. So what all did you get ?
NightTrain nailed it. This is the first truck I have ever ordered due to the lack of inventory at any dealership within a couple hundred miles. I figured it would be 4-6 months considering there are hardly any trucks on dealership lots. MD told me 16+ weeks but after getting on this forum I'm thinking it will definately be on the + side. The threads on this forum have provided a ton of useful info, help pass the time, and I've started to stack up the stuff I've been getting for my truck while I wait, alot of which are ideas I've gotten here. So far I have the firestone 7500 airlift, VIAIR air delivery system that I will wire into my auxilliary switches along with the KC cyclone lights under the hood and the front grill lights. I ordered the Banks Ram air system a couple of weeks ago and still waiting on it to come in. I'm planning on ordering the Thuren front sway bar and lift springs the first of next month and the Method NV 305 HD wheels once the truck enters the shipping stage.

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
It's a Tick Toc video. Is this where today's population is getting their news? I've seen nothing on the news or in the media talking about an upcoming shortage. Stuff like this starts a frenzy in the business world like covid and the toilet paper shortage. How many people still have 100+ rolls of toilet paper in their garage or basement?? At 66 years old I've never encountered having problems obtaining whatever I needed in this country. Quit listening to the bull crap and following the idiots....... LOL
Ok, so you think Everything on TikTok is fake. Try Google & type in DEF Shortage. Read the results for yourself.
Another example:

Dave…

gator6

Reaction score
So I know there are other threads out there…I’m still scanning for the answer. Figured I’d throw it out there for the masses.

Has anyone figured out what is needed to get these TTPMS sensors on RV tires? I’m reading the tread isn’t long enough for the sensor to make it through some of these thicker rims. The rep I spoke with at Discount Tire said they could be swapped for longer stems, he just had none on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Ok, so you think Everything on TikTok is fake. Try Google & type in DEF Shortage. Read the results for yourself.
Another example:

Dave…
Nothing personal to you Dave but 99% Yes! I didn't read your attachment because the title read "MAY" cause a shortage. There "MAY" be a tire shortage so everyone better go out there and purchase a couple sets of tires to store in their garage. Watch the News Media and listen how our government is blaming the Ukrainian War on the shortage of fuel. Yes maybe a slight 1% because "WE" do not get the majority of our fossil fuels from Russia. Go back and look at the real problem when Biden was elected and immediately shut down the Oil Pipeline. "Governmental Control" Oh! And look "It's Memorial Day Weekend" if you you've been in the country long enough you should already know Fuel Prices spike every summer through Labor Day Weekend. I'm an American true and blue, but I also see the greediness within our own walls.

My two cents. I'm not going to start a debate on this Forum regarding Politics, Religion, 2nd Amendment, etc because this isn't the place for it and besides Brutal_HO wouldn't be appreciative. Rant Over!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you on

Are you on Long Island did you get your truck yet
I’m on Long Island and still waiting for mine. ETA to Huntington Ram is still reading June 10th.

I too don’t want to drag politics into this forum, but I can’t wait until we get a president back at the helm who can “Make America Great Again!”

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
So I know there are other threads out there…I’m still scanning for the answer. Figured I’d throw it out there for the masses.

Has anyone figured out what is needed to get these TTPMS sensors on RV tires? I’m reading the tread isn’t long enough for the sensor to make it through some of these thicker rims. The rep I spoke with at Discount Tire said they could be swapped for longer stems, he just had none on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many you need

Attachments

• 4FDC1DB8-A870-4A6E-B962-EC6966FE43A4.jpeg
    4FDC1DB8-A870-4A6E-B962-EC6966FE43A4.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 38

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
How many miles does one get from a gallon
It depends on if your towing . My buddy tows a lot and drives a lot. He uses 5 gallons a month. My other buddy averages 40 miles a day, hardly tows, 2.5 gallons last him 2 months

mr hankey

Reaction score
Are you on

Are you on Long Island did you get your truck yet
Truck was built 5/13 but no eta yet

My first order was from Browns 112 on 2/26
Second from MD on 3/12. MD order was built 4 days earlier than the Browns order Interesting how the identical orders were completed. Proves there is no rhyme nor reason to the build orders. One good thing about Browns was I did get my deposit back for the order. Gotta visit my salesman and throw him a nice gift.
I’m already prepared for a long wait on the shipping. 2 months to get built and 2 more for shipping?? No high hopes here.
How was your wait time?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

Second from MD on 3/12. MD order was built 4 days earlier than the Browns order Interesting how the identical orders were completed. Proves there is no rhyme nor reason to the build orders. One good thing about Browns was I did get my deposit back for the order. Gotta visit my salesman and throw him a nice gift.
I’m already prepared for a long wait on the shipping. 2 months to get built and 2 more for shipping?? No high hopes here.
How was your wait time?
My was built 5/13, also came from MD and is setting.

CTow

Reaction score

How was your wait time?
I ordered from browns kz 3/15 eta tbd I think it’s on a ship going to Davisville RI on the 30th dealer keeps telling me different things

Tannercox14

Reaction score
Dose anyone know what fifth wheel hitch I should get I ordered the truck with one but what is a good aftermarket fifth wheel hitch?

Users who are viewing this thread