Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
So since we all have trucks ordered and waiting has anyone heard anything about a DEF fluid shortage ? Something’s up, stores here are moving it rather quick, my buddys daughter told us she has a limited supply of a no name but all the Peak Blue Def is sold out and is now on back order.
My buddy bought 12 kegs of Blue yesterday at Lowes and I bought 12 kegs of Blue Platinum today, all with fresh new dates. I read something about a shortage but the writer made no since about it. It was like you see when they try to write about the assault rifle 15

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
So since we all have trucks ordered and waiting has anyone heard anything about a DEF fluid shortage ? Something’s up, stores here are moving it rather quick, my buddys daughter told us she has a limited supply of a no name but all the Peak Blue Def is sold out and is now on back order.
My buddy bought 12 kegs of Blue yesterday at Lowes and I bought 12 kegs of Blue Platinum today, all with fresh new dates. I read something about a shortage but the writer made no since about it. It was like you see when they try to write about the assault rifle 15
The owner of Pilot Flying J was talking about it today, not good....

TeamCraig

Reaction score
Finally, an update! The truck is on a transport out of Logistics Park, IL and dealer says it will be ready for pick up tomorrow. That makes my timeline exactly 25 weeks from order to delivery.

Order date: 12/4/21
D1 date: 1/10/22
1st estimated build date: 1/30/22
2nd estimated build date: 2/22/22
Equip List date: 2/23/22
Window Sticker: 2/25/22 (shows build date of 2/23)
KZ: 2/25/22
Shipped: 4/11/22 (6.5 weeks after build date)
ETA to dealer given as: 4/28 - 5/3
Arrived in Chicago (Logistics Park): 4/19/22
Unloaded from train: 4/28/22 - Assigned to Cassens Transport
Delivered to dealer 5/28

So if everything goes well ... should be driving the new truck tomorrow!!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Still not in production
It’s gonna be a while.
I set in D for 3 months and didn’t hear a peep. Then I received my equipment sheet, a few days later my window sticker was posted and a week later it was built. Now it’s setting and waiting on a train ride. I’m not looking for it till July sometime and that’s going to put it at around a 24 week turnaround . Now I didn’t order a top of the line truck with every option ether.
No since worrying about when it’s gonna be built or arrive, hopefully you’ll find something out about progress in August or September . Till then just buy things ya want to put on it and enjoy the ride

The Real Glee

Reaction score
Yes a poc the dealer gave me
Ok, hear me out. That is a Priced Order Confirmation (POC) as I understand it, it shows what the dealership ordered and that’s it. Consider it the first of MANY slow steps. Eventually you will get a Equipment Listing (it lists the items/options to be installed on the truck) there are many orders ahead of your order date that are still waiting for the equipment listing. You can take this link and put in your vin at the end https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
It will eventually populate the equipment listing (10ish pages long), then the truck will be closer to production. If that’s not what you have, pull up a chair it’s gonna be a while.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
See if this link works. It’s the CEO of Pilot Flying J’s. We may not be able to get DEF soon. Maybe I Should cancel my 3500 Cumins order?
Just stock up while ya wait. Just make sure to check the dates before buying it and store it in a cool dark location

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
See if this link works. It’s the CEO of Pilot Flying J’s. We may not be able to get DEF soon. Maybe I Should cancel my 3500 Cumins order?
Maybe if there is a total lack of DEF the ol' government will allow us to legally delete! (LoL)

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Wished my Sept 13 2021 order was built too....still in D status. Wonder why some orders way after mine
are complete and mine sits in D. Money is money no matter which country you live in!
Tannercox, you have a wait!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Well I’m thinking of just canceling my order if it’s going to be August or September
If you cancel now your still gonna be waiting if you order a 2023 in the Fall.
Waiting is all part of the process and having patience is a valuable lesson.. I learned to have plenty of that while in the hospital for almost 4 months….

Users who are viewing this thread