Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Tie Down Recommendations?

jjl04002

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on adding tie down points a 2022 Ram 3500 Dually CCLB that doesn't interfere with a hard-top tonneau cover or the cargo area or in the way of 5th wheel operation? I just tried to tie down a couple of mulch pallets over the weekend and it was a PITA since I only had the corner tie downs. I was able to use the stake pocket holes but that wasn't a great solution.

I was looking at the bull ring setup, but it's kinda annoying that i would have to cut out the plastic pockets on a brand new truck. Open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

STGS517

Reaction score
I always put a set of custom bed rails with D-rings in different locations. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on adding tie down points a 2022 Ram 3500 Dually CCLB that doesn't interfere with a hard-top tonneau cover or the cargo area or in the way of 5th wheel operation? I just tried to tie down a couple of mulch pallets over the weekend and it was a PITA since I only had the corner tie downs. I was able to use the stake pocket holes but that wasn't a great solution.

I was looking at the bull ring setup, but it's kinda annoying that i would have to cut out the plastic pockets on a brand new truck. Open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Thats about the only option unfortunately,

John Jensen

Reaction score
I put D rings on the inside bed edges or where the stake pocket frames are
Edited
stake pocket

Last edited:

DrTron

Reaction score
Not sure if that's an aftermarket option, but I love those factory rails that are mounted on the side of the bed and have two anchor points each that can be moved wherever needed.

areuriding

Reaction score
I've bought factory tie downs and added them where I needed in addition to what came with my trucks in the past.

Linked4door

Reaction score
I added these to my stake pockets, which cleared my mx4 tonneau before I sold it. IIRC, I only had to trim one pocket per side a little. l also added some etrack mounts in the bed which don't take up much room and haven't interfered with the few pallets I have transported. They work great for what I need them for, but YMMV.

Attachments

• 20220724_174745.jpg
    20220724_174745.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 64

John Jensen

Reaction score
I added these to my stake pockets, which cleared my mx4 tonneau before I sold it. IIRC, I only had to trim one pocket per side a little. l also added some etrack mounts in the bed which don't take up much room and haven't interfered with the few pallets I have transported. They work great for what I need them for, but YMMV.
Looks like your swing case took a hit. Nice tape job.

jjl04002

Reaction score
I've bought factory tie downs and added them where I needed in addition to what came with my trucks in the past.
Do you have any more info on these? I cant seem to figure out what these are.

Everyone thanks for the input! I still may suck it up and cut some plastic for the bull rings.

areuriding

Reaction score
I know it says Ford, but this is what I used mounting on the inner sides and also the wheel well.
1681128779838.png

Users who are viewing this thread