Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 2500 12INCH SCREEN GLITCHES

Ramtough21

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 with the 12in screen. The truck is amazing, the infotainment system is not. On the home screen the 1st slide is split into two, the top and bottom screen with my navigation being on the top screen. The top screen goes black, and it will not show anything. I took my truck to the dealer, and they said it was faulty and replaced it. Fast forward two months later the same exact thing is happening and now on the navigation screen the traffic flow lines work sometimes and other times they don't work at all. The dealership had my truck for 9 days and stated they couldn't replicate the issue. The dealership was dealing with STAR and they also could not find an issue. I finally had to pick my vehicle up after 9 days and as soon as I pulled out the dealership the same problem with the split screen happened. I pulled over and sent a picture to the service advisor who explained they were sorry it didn't happen at the dealership. The only way to try and get this looked at again is to make another appointment and see if the techs can get the problem to happen again. I cannot be the only person who is having this issue. I've had three Dodge Ram's and honestly the way it's been going this might be my last. The dealership will not replace the tablet unless they can replicate the problem. Does anyone else have this issue?

jebruns

Reaction score
Keep us informed of how this works out please. That is my one worry about my 22 that is on order, the glitches I read about all too often with the 12" uConnect 5 system. This is the first I've read about this issue, but it seems like luck of the draw, you either you get a good one or a problem child.

Ramtough21

Reaction score
Keep us informed of how this works out please. That is my one worry about my 22 that is on order, the glitches I read about all too often with the 12" uConnect 5 system. This is the first I've read about this issue, but it seems like luck of the draw, you either you get a good one or a problem child.
I’m waiting for a rep from FCA to contact me regarding this issue. It’s very frustrating to see it happen and know the company will not doing anything to fix it

jebruns

Reaction score
I’m waiting for a rep from FCA to contact me regarding this issue. It’s very frustrating to see it happen and know the company will not doing anything to fix it
I'm sure! That is a bad trend I see on some issues in the newer trucks. Ram will just say at some point "Well, we don't know what's wrong or how to fix it" and then basically ignore the customer. I'd be furious.

Meissenheimer

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2022 2500 and have already experienced a few glitches with the 12" UConnect system. I have the exact same issue with the home page with the top half Navigation display blacking out periodically. It comes back eventually, usually after I stop the truck and use it the next day. I have also been driving along and suddenly the rearview camera will pop up in full screen mode and I am unable to stop it. Again, after stopping the truck and driving in the following day, all was well. Seems like buggy software.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Same here - I’ve found that if I go to CarPlay and then back to the Home Screen, the nav shows up again. Weird but I’m used to it. I don’t know if I’m subscribing to any of the services after the trial period since InRoute and Google Maps are my primary GPS tools which integrate really well with CarPlay.

Not trouble free but it’s pretty good…

Eatstone

Reaction score
I get a black blank screen at startup every once in a while. Not regularly enough to get mad but it is frustrating when I need to pull over and start/stop a couple times to bring it back. Then it seems fine for a while. Sometimes I see my phone light up with the CarPlay logo telling me that the unit must’ve rebooted. It reminds me of being a kid and having to smack the side of the old tube tv’s when the color went funny.

Scooter9917

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2500 yesterday, I have the exact same issue. :mad: Will try the CarPlay back and forth...

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Mine has done the black screen with the nav as well. My work around is to hit the button to make that full screen and then minimize it again. then it works. Should’ve have to do that but that’s a quick solution.

I posted earlier today about the message i received on mine about servicing the Uconnect battery. Dealer couldn’t find anything about it other than bulletins but nothing to do. On the way home from the dealer the entire Uconnect blacked out whidle I was on a call and rebooted twice in a row. Very odd.

Add to that I have the mysterious channel skipping steering wheel radio channel controls……..

Love the truck but the tech is leaving something To be desired.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Uconnect automatically ran an update today at the gas station. Took less than 5 minutes but the channel skipping issue while using the radio controls is gone. Hope that holds true longer than today.

MAK

Reaction score
Looks like I am in the same boat, truck is great tech leaves a bit to be desired. I will have the dealer address with the recall, Uconnect battery issue & front parking sensors after the 4'th.

Only other issue I have is an intermittent 3 bells warning with no lights or explanation, any of you know what that could be?

Caeld

Reaction score
Looks like I am in the same boat, truck is great tech leaves a bit to be desired. I will have the dealer address with the recall, Uconnect battery issue & front parking sensors after the 4'th.

Only other issue I have is an intermittent 3 bells warning with no lights or explanation, any of you know what that could be?
Not sure if anyones answered your question or not about the bells but I believe what you’re mentioning is the nav system warning you about a red light camera. Next time you’re passing one you know about turn the screen to the map and see if it dings and it’ll show you a distance countdown to the camera.

MAK

Reaction score
Not sure if anyones answered your question or not about the bells but I believe what you’re mentioning is the nav system warning you about a red light camera. Next time you’re passing one you know about turn the screen to the map and see if it dings and it’ll show you a distance countdown to the camera.
That makes perfect sense, I was at a red light camera in Scottsdale the first time it happened. I wasn't aware this was a feature, it gets your attention, that's for sure. Thanks for the explanation, I better get busy reading the owners manual.

Caeld

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense, I was at a red light camera in Scottsdale the first time it happened. I wasn't aware this was a feature, it gets your attention, that's for sure. Thanks for the explanation, I better get busy reading the owners manual.
You’re welcome! I definitely skipped the whole reading the manual part so when I first heard it I was a little spooked thinking the truck was trying to tell me I’m doing something wrong or whatever. Was very relieved to find out it was just the nav after some digging.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
You’re welcome! I definitely skipped the whole reading the manual part so when I first heard it I was a little spooked thinking the truck was trying to tell me I’m doing something wrong or whatever. Was very relieved to find out it was just the nav after some digging.

Ahh, we've had a chime driving us nuts now and then wondering what was causing it. I clearly recall the first time being in stop and go traffic going through some stop lights. I'll pay more attention now, maybe y'all solved it for me.

As for the 12" screen issue, mine has let out a loud pop a couple times followed by the radio going dead then it starts right back up. I've noticed the selected channel not being maintained sometimes after the truck has been shut off, always going back to SXM 0 or 1, whatever the free station is. Not a big deal, just have to punch up my station again. If it doesn't get any worse, it's livable.

BAT3500

Reaction score
My 12" screen occasionally will lock up on navigation view and i have the radio just stop completely and reboot 2-3 times since April when i received the truck. Definitely unhandy if you ae trying use the screen navigate somewhere.

hwy361

Reaction score
I agree with the chime sounding. It's a red light camera warning.
My vent on the Uconnect 5 is on my 2020 Grand Cherokee with the "old" system I can program my mirrors to fold upon parking. The "new improved" system eliminated that feature.

Namerifsaxet1

Reaction score
Experiencing this with my 2022 2500 limited I ordered last Aug and just got just over a month ago.
Disconnects via Bluetooth or wired. Black screen on start ups often and doesn't come back until its off a while.
3 dealer visits with the 4th this Tuesday.
The dealer has seen it in the black screen no response condition but said there are no codes. This week it buzzed loudly and rebooted twice while driving.
Is there anyone to contact about spending all my days off driving to the dealer?
Paid far too much for this to have this happen. My 2021 never did any of this.
Thoughts?

jebruns

Reaction score
Contact uConnect support directly. Open a STAR case with their help. We are currently doing just that on the wife's 21 Pacifica.

hwy361

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Power Wagon with the 12 inch. Occasionally the volume stops working. I turn the unit off and back on and the issue resolves.
As for the 3 chimes if you go into the settings you can turn it off (but who would want to?)
My question is why couldn't the put an auto mirror fold function in like I have on my 2020 Grand Cherokee?

Users who are viewing this thread