Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 2500 12INCH SCREEN GLITCHES

n8sterr

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new 2022 2500 diesel. The screen increasingly is black when I start the truck. It was only here and there, but I just now started and restarted my truck 4 or 5 times to no avail. It's getting very frustrating. I'll call the dealership about it when they open.

Namerifsaxet1

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 with the 12in screen. The truck is amazing, the infotainment system is not. On the home screen the 1st slide is split into two, the top and bottom screen with my navigation being on the top screen. The top screen goes black, and it will not show anything. I took my truck to the dealer, and they said it was faulty and replaced it. Fast forward two months later the same exact thing is happening and now on the navigation screen the traffic flow lines work sometimes and other times they don't work at all. The dealership had my truck for 9 days and stated they couldn't replicate the issue. The dealership was dealing with STAR and they also could not find an issue. I finally had to pick my vehicle up after 9 days and as soon as I pulled out the dealership the same problem with the split screen happened. I pulled over and sent a picture to the service advisor who explained they were sorry it didn't happen at the dealership. The only way to try and get this looked at again is to make another appointment and see if the techs can get the problem to happen again. I cannot be the only person who is having this issue. I've had three Dodge Ram's and honestly the way it's been going this might be my last. The dealership will not replace the tablet unless they can replicate the problem. Does anyone else have this issue?
Same story on a 22 limited. 5 visits, screen replacement, updates, resetting almost daily. Last update was to be the fix. No dice. No issues with my 2021 limited. Star case opened and they circle back to step 1.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Since the new update a couple days ago, I’m getting the black screen a lot… dang!

Users who are viewing this thread