Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
While I like the salesman, Brady, I am not sure about the guy calling the shots. I really needed a diesel truck early this year and wound up paying just under MSRP for a 2021 LH Limited with 9500 miles. I have put on about 6000 miles but added a BakFlip 4 and an AirLift 5000. We will see what kind of deal they make today on trade-in. I may wind up with 2 trucks depending upon the numbers. Makes for a restless night.
Yesterday my estimated delivery date went from 9/26 to 9/8 for a very short time and then to TBD. I called when it went to 9/8 and found out it was already there “before he called me”.
After the experience here on this forum I can certainly see the case for online sales becoming the primary sales strategy for new vehicles. From the questionnaires I have received from Ram and Stellantis it sounds like that is where it is headed anyway.

jfab6969

Reaction score
I finally gave up after they again changed the arrival date to mid October. I found a truck built almost identical in Denver area and picked it up Friday. It had some extras I didn't need, bed cover & trailer surround system will be for sale shortly. So far we Love the updates from our 2018, 1500 miles & counting.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Man i find it shocking that "for canadians" anyway...... the absolute only way to get an update is directly through your dealer. Mines on holidays for next couple weeks unfortunately, was just curious if it had been built potentially.

The following avenues literally said i basically dont exist, and all have the same answer ( if you ordered a vehicle your dealer is your best bet, yet they all ask for the VON which i can provide). How is it that a massive company like that magically "cant see" that ive ordered a truck based simply on a vin or von. That number you would think would simply be my tag and should populate some information. Owell, again just me getting anxious for new truck smell i know.

Ram chat
Ram tracker (which i knew and beyond frustrating i canadians cant use it)
Stellantis
Ram Canada

IowaPW

Reaction score
Man i find it shocking that "for canadians" anyway...... the absolute only way to get an update is directly through your dealer. Mines on holidays for next couple weeks unfortunately, was just curious if it had been built potentially.

The following avenues literally said i basically dont exist, and all have the same answer ( if you ordered a vehicle your dealer is your best bet, yet they all ask for the VON which i can provide). How is it that a massive company like that magically "cant see" that ive ordered a truck based simply on a vin or von. That number you would think would simply be my tag and should populate some information. Owell, again just me getting anxious for new truck smell i know.

Ram chat
Ram tracker (which i knew and beyond frustrating i canadians cant use it)
Stellantis
Ram Canada
Does Canada have special privacy laws? More like EU? That's the only thing I can think of. Ram/Stellantis knows where your order is...they just can't tell you bases on those privacy laws? Can't prove it's the person asking is the one who ordered...so can't give out info.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Well a huge thanks to BV yet again, but i was KZ on 9/1. So i must say that is quite close to the predicted date. Changed a total of 3 times which quattro said it might. So i guess now onto the wait game for shipping. Window sticker populated as well. As far as i can tell it came with everything i ordered. Excited things are moving along. Dealer actually just texted and gave me that update as well, and anticipated to be an early to mid oct delivery. based on what their seeing there stock order trucks arrive in from mexico. Fingers crossed! i saw some of you were able to track the rail car your truck is on during its journey. How exactly is this done?

I have to say while my truck hasnt shipped yet, and i see how guys are being delayed at vendors. I am glad my dealer encouraged me to have these extras installed up here when the truck arrives, (actually at a cheaper price than rams factory options). Same boards etc, while i am not getting a spray in bedliner due to cab and chassis. She had mentioned seeing 3-4 weeks to a month additional wait for there stock orders receving extras like running boards/bedliner etc. whereas theyll be completed in a couple hours when it arrives. While not ideal, this could be a trick to acquiring a truck in a quicker time frame? Of course she has no control, but said shed be suprised if my truck wasnt on a train by the end of next week.

Last edited:

Tjm1571

Reaction score
Quick question, what does the Ram tracker have to say for the truck to be in KZ state?

@DrTron Here is a good link to the various codes as well as some other good info... (if you haven't already seen it)

ChrisLaw

Reaction score
Mine showing built, not shipped, but the delivery date updated to 1 day earlier than it was last week:

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.12.17 PM.png

DrTron

Reaction score
Actually, I looked into that post before I asked, but was missing any reference to RAM tracker information or any correlation to it.

Users who are viewing this thread