Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
No problem at all thank you very much for the update! Ill cross my fingers itll atleast have a build date this month

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Alright Folks, here we go on weekly update ;-)
Happy to see some movement on the Build of last year is almost all caught up (10 out of 961 pending, 99.0% complete) 14 Pending Delivery and 4 Pending build (53 canceled orders also play a part in the overall situation)
(942 (924 already delivered + 14 pending delivery + 4 Pending build) is a more realistic number for 2021)

Overall numbers from last week (Pretty good week) with overall completion rates
5 more orders added
19 Built - Overall 94.6% complete total (currently sitting at 81 units left to build) - Rome wasn't built in a day ;-)
34 Delivered - Overall 77.1% complete total (currently sitting at 341 units left to deliver) -68 total canceled orders - this week it was organic movement overall and @brv10 special sauce

More metrics/analysis for the data freaks (completion rates with qtys pending)
2021 - (10 out of 961 pending Build, 99.0% complete), delivery is at 96.1% (37 out of 961 waiting for shipping) - 37 is an amazing number, even more amazing is 53 orders are canceled overall, show show delivered others dont. 14 Pending Delivery and 4 Pending build
Q2-May and June of 2021 are 100% built, delivery is at 98.0% (4 out of 198 waiting for shipping) - the 4 that are not shipped are canceled ordered - 15 total canceled orders- we can now count Q2 2021 100% completed
Q3-July, Aug and Sep of 2021 are almost 100%(99.7% to be exact) Built (only shy 1 out of 375), and delivery is at 98.4% (6 out of 375 waiting for shipping) - 15 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown
Q4-Oct, Nov and Dec of 2021 Build is at 97.7% (9 out of 388 pending), Delivery starts to rear its ugly head (but its almost there), is at 93.0% (27 out of 388 waiting for shipping) - 24 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown - should put build at 100% as well and delivery even more complete

2022 - (71 out of 529 pending Build, 86.6% complete), delivery is at 39.1% (304 out of 529 waiting for shipping)
Q1-Jan, Feb and March of 2022, Build is at 94.9% (21 out of 415 pending), Delivery continues with challenges, 49.9% (208 out of 415 waiting for shipping) - 11 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown
Q2-April, May and June of 2022, Build is at 57.1% (48 out of 112 pending), Delivery is at 0.16% (94 out of 112 waiting for shipping) - 4 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown
Q3-July of 2022, Build is at 0% (2 out of 2 pending), Delivery is at 0% (2 out of 2 waiting for shipping)

Let me know if any other metrics should/could be evaluated., Red comments are changes in numbers/counts, Green comments are general comments.

A lot of positive movement this week and little by little getting closer to the finish line. If production line does get reset in October. There are still 2 full months of production. so overall i think the timing is still in play and that MY22 completion is still feasible.

Thank you for the lift again @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez

View attachment 41736
You sir R DA MAN!

762fmj

Reaction score
Brv10 told me it pretty much went straight into a train. Tracker date updated when he train left according to Aaron at MD. It seems like they're starting to pump out orders pretty quickly this quarter so hopefully yours isn't long!

kevin588127

Reaction score
Good lord, 3 months to D status? I'm surprised it wasn't in this recent production batch since we saw several blue trucks go through. Maybe the mega cab?
Mine was 4 months in D status. Then built 1 month later. Then shipped 1 month after that. Est delivery is 1 month after it shipped. We shall see if it hits it or not. Mine was a mid optioned BH, no bsm or sunroof but I think the ramboxes did me in. The rambox was about the only reason I held out and didn't buy one off the lot. Who knows if this thing doesn't show before the 23s are available to order, I may cancel and order one of those.

762fmj

Reaction score
Mine was 4 months in D status. Then built 1 month later. Then shipped 1 month after that. Est delivery is 1 month after it shipped. We shall see if it hits it or not. Mine was a mid optioned BH, no bsm or sunroof but I think the ramboxes did me in. The rambox was about the only reason I held out and didn't buy one off the lot. Who knows if this thing doesn't show before the 23s are available to order, I may cancel and order one of those.
I've seen a bunch of people say similar, but I don't get it... Prices are going up, rates are going up, starting the wait over, no major changes, etc. I feel like if I'd had a really long wait I definitely wouldn't have patience to reorder lol

kevin588127

Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of people say similar, but I don't get it... Prices are going up, rates are going up, starting the wait over, no major changes, etc. I feel like if I'd had a really long wait I definitely wouldn't have patience to reorder lol
It's going to be a tough call. I will basically be taking delivery of a last year model. I'm not financing so rates don't bother me. I've already lost a bunch of value on my truck I'm selling (vs used car prices when I ordered). It is going to come down to how much longer they make me wait and what the build configurations and pricing are on the 23s. That rebel addition has me intrigued. I use my truck as a tow rig and only need it may-sept, it sits in the garage 90 percent of winter.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
It's going to be a tough call. I will basically be taking delivery of a last year model. I'm not financing so rates don't bother me. I've already lost a bunch of value on my truck I'm selling (vs used car prices when I ordered). It is going to come down to how much longer they make me wait and what the build configurations and pricing are on the 23s. That rebel addition has me intrigued. I use my truck as a tow rig and only need it may-sept, it sits in the garage 90 percent of winter.
I hear you.

I dont have your challenge because I'm not trading anything in. I'm at the tail end of a financial situation so rates dont bother me. I dont think its worth it personally for the MY23. the full digi dash is not appealing, the mirrors maybe, but not enough to reset the clock. this is a keeper, for me the ROI is in the long game.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
In rough numbers our tracker has hit 75 units to be built, this is good news and movement.

With the volume we have seen i think that by beginning to mid September everything will be built.

Then the constraint may be shipping again. While we are 75 units from completing the builds we are 264 from completing delivery. Lastly depending on traveling distances, it may spill into another month or 2. There maybe November/December deliveries. Of course we always hope this isn't the case, there IS some level of statistical probability.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I hear you.

I dont have your challenge because I'm not trading anything in. I'm at the tail end of a financial situation so rates dont bother me. I dont think its worth it personally for the MY23. the full digi dash is not appealing, the mirrors maybe, but not enough to reset the clock. this is a keeper, for me the ROI is in the long game.
The mirrors are a big one for me as I wasn't able to get power folding and that is annoying on a 60k truck. Also had to get some options that I didn't necessarily want due to ordering constraints. That's why a lot of it hinges on what the options packages look like for 23.

dscak1

Reaction score
Ordered 11/11 21, built 3/5/22, shipped 7/18/22. Left Defiance, NM (near Gallup) 7/2/22, supposedly enroute to Phoenix. No ETA, no informatioin on rail car movement silnce 7/2/22. Tracker now shows ETA of 8/10/22 but based on previous ETAs (7/4, 7/14, 7/18, 7/28) expect this one to slip as well. This is expedited???????? Would hate to see the slow roll. Frustrated.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
They're still minting new 2022 VINs as of this week. When are they going to shift over to 2023 trucks!?

They broke into the NG400XXX sequence numbers.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I hear you.

I'm right there with you QuattroCS!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ordered 11/11 21, built 3/5/22, shipped 7/18/22. Left Defiance, NM (near Gallup) 7/2/22, supposedly enroute to Phoenix. No ETA, no informatioin on rail car movement silnce 7/2/22. Tracker now shows ETA of 8/10/22 but based on previous ETAs (7/4, 7/14, 7/18, 7/28) expect this one to slip as well. This is expedited???????? Would hate to see the slow roll. Frustrated.
I see you sitting at El Mirage since 6/27!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Trying to find out but I can't log onto VOIM right now. I did find it interesting that Ram far outsold the other Stellantis vehicles and the HD was only 200 units behind the 1500.

99mo

Reaction score
I built a Limited gasser today on RAM without the Mega cab vs the 1500 Limited gasser, the price is about 78,000 2500 to 72,500 for the 1500. I added the same type options (NE, Anti-spin, Trailer tow mirrors, etc.) as my build where I could. Granted, trim level, diesel, rebates, incentives, and other options will make a price difference, no doubt. It is subjective, but for the capabilities of the 2500, it is worth it. I would not be surprised if some other buyers figure it is worth it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread