Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

duckhunter71

Reaction score
I know it's hard to believe, but D1 status is starting to happen after about 2 weeks for quite a few trucks. The dealer I ordered from said they've never had one wait more than 2.5 weeks to go to D1.
I'm at 3 weeks and still nothing. It seems like maybe the sunroof option is causing a delay. I filtered the spreadsheet down and it seems to be a common denominator for trucks that still don't show D1. The line above me ordered from the same dealer the day before me and his is the same truck less the sunroof and he hit D1 last week so I guess maybe on average it is going more quickly, just not for every case!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you that have had your orders completed but they took a while. Did any of you have issues with the dealer honouring the original trade-in price?

--
I have an agreed price, financing, trade-in value, etc signed on my order. But the deal has my trade-in millage noted. It has been 4 months since that was signed and my order is still in D status. Obviously, the millage is going up and seeing what people are being given for build dates today I suspect mine is months away. I asked the dealer at the time of signing and he just said don't worry your truck will be here in 2-4 months and we need used trucks.

My bigger concern is, at least in my area, used truck prices are going back to normal and there are lots on the lot. My trade-in value on my 2016 Ram 1500 was 3k higher than I paid for it in 2019 and almost 10k higher than they had offered me last spring.
My dealer at MD would only do a trade-in value good for 30 days, so I haven't bothered with getting a trade-in quote yet

slvrsix7

Reaction score
Just curious, why?
So where I live when you sell a vehicle, if you purchase another within 60 days, you only have to pay taxes on the difference of new vs old. I sold my 2021 Laramie for a decent amount so that would be a huge savings. I got lucky and found a truck similar to the one I built and additionally the dealer surprisingly sold it to me for $5,500 under sticker. When factoring in that and what I would be saving on taxes, and the fact that my price was not locked on the ordered truck it just made sense to not wait.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you that have had your orders completed but they took a while. Did any of you have issues with the dealer honouring the original trade-in price?

--
I have an agreed price, financing, trade-in value, etc signed on my order. But the deal has my trade-in millage noted. It has been 4 months since that was signed and my order is still in D status. Obviously, the millage is going up and seeing what people are being given for build dates today I suspect mine is months away. I asked the dealer at the time of signing and he just said don't worry your truck will be here in 2-4 months and we need used trucks.

My bigger concern is, at least in my area, used truck prices are going back to normal and there are lots on the lot. My trade-in value on my 2016 Ram 1500 was 3k higher than I paid for it in 2019 and almost 10k higher than they had offered me last spring.
You'll have to ask your dealer. But to play devil's advocate if you are asking for the same value wouldn't it be fair they expect the same millage?

If my new truck showed up and had an additional 7000 miles on it I would not expect to pay full price to the dealer

Vpolio90

Reaction score
My truck was offloaded at the port on 3/23 (according to Sandi) and my current status code is KZT (shipping to MD). Hopefully, my truck will get there next week. Does anyone know if MD financing is offering good interest rates? I have a 790 credit score so I should get the best rate.

Last edited:

Cseybert

Reaction score

--

MD guaranteed mine for 30 days only. Value is going to change with mileage and use. I'm not trading I'm selling out right in the market is still crazy here in Texas.

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
My truck was offloaded at the port on 3/23 (according to Sandi) and my current status code is KZT (shipping to MD). Hopefully, my truck will get there next week. Does anyone know if MD financing is offering good interest rates? I have a 790 credit score so I should get the best rate.

Pm me I just finished paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UltraS

Reaction score

--

I'm in same situation as you. Have a Jan appraisal from the dealer on my trade-in but will likely have ~1K more miles when comes time to trade in. I plan on getting a competitive trade in appraisal (e.g. Carmax) to ensure I know what I can get going into the final deal. So far blue book value on my truck hasn't changed that much since January so I don't expect too much of a change.

brettknudson

Reaction score
FYI. I sold my 2019 RAM Limited to the dealer when I ordered my 3500. The sold price will go towards the trade in. So it will reduced my sales tax when I pick up my order. D1 status on my 2022 Ram 3500 at the moment. Hoping to get by the end of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basser53

Reaction score
I'm in same situation as you. Have a Jan appraisal from the dealer on my trade-in but will likely have ~1K more miles when comes time to trade in. I plan on getting a competitive trade in appraisal (e.g. Carmax) to ensure I know what I can get going into the final deal. So far blue book value on my truck hasn't changed that much since January so I don't expect too much of a change.
Guarenteed trade in value is the new thing around here..dealer knows the risk when he signed the deal.. I'd say unless you've put an excessive amount of miles on it he will honor it.. just watch he doesn't try to jack it up on the other end... I'm in the same boat with a jan order..

Thisnthat

Reaction score

--

When i was going through the ordering process - MD was offering 60 day trade in values...probably have shortened it now. But with that value guaranteed was also the agreement about how many miles I expected to put on it during that time, any amount over would make the originally agreed upon price null and void. I didn't trade it in as the plan was to sell outright from the beginning, but wanted to check their trade in price.

i think a lot would be if the truck crosses any of the mileage limits that usually impacts the truck's value...36k, 50k, 75 or 80k (seen both of these listed before) and 100k...

Bombaman

Reaction score
Oh wow, didnt realize how helpful RamCares was. Couldnt get my VIN from the dealer so gave Ram Cares my VON and Address, VIN provided and status is "Vehicle has been scheduled for production. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly." So sounds like in phase D

JA345

Reaction score
Oh wow, didnt realize how helpful RamCares was. Couldnt get my VIN from the dealer so gave Ram Cares my VON and Address, VIN provided and status is "Vehicle has been scheduled for production. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly." So sounds like in phase D
That sounds like D1

JC200

Reaction score
Truck built and rolled out of the factory on 2/17. Been sitting in KZLD since then, hoping for a phone call or email with good news any day now.

Merving

Reaction score
ordered 12/14 got VIN on 12/29, nothing since then , line 854, any info would be appreciated, looks like several of these are waiting on EL etc

3C63RRPL5NG21958520223500LimitedMega Cab6.7L Cummins High Output4WDDRW

Users who are viewing this thread