Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Mikeds2024

Reaction score
Dose anyone have access to track a rail car? I have looked on the net and can figure it out , if you can the rail car is #CTTX694069

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Dose anyone have access to track a rail car? I have looked on the net and can figure it out , if you can the rail car is #CTTX694069
I wish I could find the post in the main 2022 thread. But I copied this into my notes:

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I’m a newby here, someone recommended me to join and keep up with my order. I went through Mark Dodge, ordered a Bighorn dually February 18th, got my vin about a week later. 3C63RRHL7NG286610.
Sandi told me it’d take 15 to 25 weeks so I’m waiting patiently…
Thanks !!

WhiteNorth

Reaction score
Oof. Is it getting frustrating that my order is still in D with the expected build date come and gone. While I'm seeing identical builds as mine ordered after mine being built and delivered :(

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
I feel special being one of nine(Oct). I'll be the last one.
@AFF , I was going to suggest a friendly wager to see who's left standing between us but then I saw you were a friend from the north, and potentially not that far north, and thought better of it! It sucks that the Canadian orders take forever and you can't even get a VIN in a timely fashion.

Last edited:

Uhohfiveoh

Reaction score
Another week gone by, another week my truck that was built February 17th remains “on hold” at the Saltillo factory with no explanation.

arx237

Reaction score
Another week gone by, another week my truck that was built February 17th remains “on hold” at the Saltillo factory with no explanation.
Maybe on hold for the Z20 recall? Your vin popped hot on the NHTSA website. But its a software thing so I kinda wonder why it wouldn't be immediately fixed at the plant.

Uhohfiveoh

Reaction score
Maybe on hold for the Z20 recall? Your vin popped hot on the NHTSA website. But its a software thing so I kinda wonder why it wouldn't be immediately fixed at the plant.
I spoke with Ram and they brought that up, but said it would be completed at the dealership as it was just a software update. We all know they are clueless so you may be correct.

Sauksxs

Reaction score
Same with mine built 2/26 still setting at factory shipping TBD no more info.

Uhohfiveoh

Reaction score
My concern is they have not released the software for the fix yet, which would make sense as to why vehicles are being held. I’m sure whatever it is, it’ll be quick and easy…facepalm

JeepingNet

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that nearly all the HDs built off the list in March are Cummins? A few 6.4s but very few.. Wonder if there is a parts shortage related to the 6.4L?

I was hopeful I was going to get a quick build because I'm in Canada and we don't get our VINs until later in the process but I got my VIN just 3 days after the order. Dealer said that is very uncommon but since then I've bounced back to D status since early January. RamChat about 2 weeks ago agreed something didn't look right and to expect an email in the next 5 days but its been 9 and no e-mail.

I noticed a dealer near me has a PW in transit that isn't quite what I'm looking for but close enough I might cancel my order and go for it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread