Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Curleybill

Reaction score
How much clearance?
Thank you for your time checking the clearance, as this has been a burning question for me as well as for many others, I'm sure. I have the standard 18" wheels which I think is only slightly shorter than the 20" wheels. Anyhow, this will be great information for the thread.

ACEd

Reaction score
Thank you for your time checking the clearance, as this has been a burning question for me as well as for many others, I'm sure. I have the standard 18" wheels which I think is only slightly shorter than the 20" wheels. Anyhow, this will be great information for the thread.
Transforce HT LT275/70R18 Mfg Spec 33.10 OD
Transforce AT LT285/60R20 Mfg Sped 33.40 OD
So on the face of it 0.3 in difference in diameter or 0.15 in on radius. But they no longer publish Loaded Radius and both tires will squat a bit under load - not sure which would squat more, but guessing the 18's have more sidewall to flex.
But truck height difference probably not detectable by ordinary means compared to variability from truck to truck as to options weight and tire pressures, etc.
Bottom line - if its under an inch clearance probably need to be concerned and check actual truck in actual garage.

Curleybill

Reaction score
Transforce HT LT275/70R18 Mfg Spec 33.10 OD
Transforce AT LT285/60R20 Mfg Sped 33.40 OD
So on the face of it 0.3 in difference in diameter or 0.15 in on radius. But they no longer publish Loaded Radius and both tires will squat a bit under load - not sure which would squat more, but guessing the 18's have more sidewall to flex.
But truck height difference probably not detectable by ordinary means compared to variability from truck to truck as to options weight and tire pressures, etc.
Bottom line - if its under an inch clearance probably need to be concerned and check actual truck in actual garage.
That's correct about the side wall difference making the OD nearly the same. I feel that it's going to be a very tight fit for my truck to clear my 82" garage door opening. Hopefully in the not so far future, I'll be able to this burning question of mine to rest lol! Hopefully!

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Just got an email that mine is on a train that departed on 2/19. Est ramp arrival date of 3/4 at the yard, then just need to wait for the truck to get it to the dealer.
Are you on the tracking sheet? I don't see your username there.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
maybe not - I was on cypto, but not sure how to get on the tracking sheet - sorry if I posted on wrong thread.
If you want to add your order, you can do it through this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdgbmnye6Jx7ir_p4Ws2bXGeK20AubJQXm9vZp5zjiTmoxL3g/viewform

And you'll be added to this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jqFtyJfuADQC5i5D7fX4lQqrQ/edit#gid=1884861679

I just ask as I generally assume anyone posting here is on the sheet and I should find their row and update it. But I couldn't find one for you.

You don't have to be part of it. I just want to make sure I wasn't making a mistake.

rampulse

Reaction score
OMG, Sandi just told me my truck was offloaded in Port Allen on 2/17!
Hopefully i catches a ride to MD here soon! :eek:

Today is day 49 since order placed... I feel like I cheated or something...

Looks like we were on the same train. Let us know if you hear about a pickup to the dealer. There are a few of us in the Port Allen lot right now.

RHlonghorn16

Reaction score
That's correct about the side wall difference making the OD nearly the same. I feel that it's going to be a very tight fit for my truck to clear my 82" garage door opening. Hopefully in the not so far future, I'll be able to this burning question of mine to rest lol! Hopefully!
Sorry, posted to an earlier reply first.

Hopefully this is helpful!
Let me know if anyone needs any other measurements that might be beneficial.
My setup: 2022 2500 Off-Road Package/2.5" rough country leveling kit/ 285.65.20 nitto ridge grapplers
Garage door height: 83" (including weather strip)
Gap between top of cab and garage door opening: 4.5"
Gap between top of shark fin and garage door opening: 1.5" (sharkfin height = 3")

BigEdV

Reaction score
I am not sure how I missed the spreadsheet part of this, I wish I would have found it earlier (thank you Officer Dirty for sending the link). hopefully will have it in the next 3 weeks.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Sandi just informed me that my 10/25 order is back to D1 status with a 3/11 estimated ship date. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one sticks.
@tyler2you , Thanks for posting this update. I've been keeping an eye on your build as our trucks are similar. I'm super happy for those who are receiving their trucks in a timely fashion. But for me, Ram's games are starting to get old. I've been D1 since 12.9 and as of a week ago I had a supposed ship date as of yesterday. I so suspect that we will be built close to each other and feel as you do.... hopefully this estimated shipping date sticks.
Sandi told me to get in touch with her at the end of the month. I will share any updated info here so other interested parties may stay informed of the Circus de Stellantis.

Users who are viewing this thread