Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

RAM_Dad

Reaction score

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Just wondering…has anyone else gotten an email like this?
Looks like an automated response to say thank you for purchasing and I'll monitor your progress however, it states your dealership is your best source for updated information.... lol From where did this email originate? Can you reply to this email to an actual person? BTW I purchased over a month ago but never received this thank you email.

mr wayne

Reaction score
Was told that at 9:30 this morning my truck was in Eagle Pass tx. How long to get to Mark Dodge in Lake Charles La. ?

dlayng

Reaction score
My dealer called me this afternoon to tell me my truck was built and would be shipped soon. He said they expected it to arrive there mid to late November. I have not seen my build sheet or window sticker yet, and ram chat simply tells me my truck is ready to enter assembly and to check with my dealer for further information.

At this point i am just happy there is movement on my order after 4 months since ordering, but this really has been just about the most frustrating vehicle purchase i have ever tried to make.

How do i know whose information to believe at this point?

tolym

Reaction score
Just wondering…has anyone else gotten an email like this?

c270e7c54d996b2865f489c7aa45d91a.png

I pressed Ram chat a little more then usual and they escalated my case to the higher ups according to them lol. Here’s what I received today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf2snow1

Reaction score

I pressed Ram chat a little more then usual and they escalated my case to the higher ups according to them lol. Here’s what I received today.

Yeah. I got a couple but never a name on them. One was for saying production would start soon. Then another that said it’s in the shipping phase. Unfortunately, Sandi says it’s still in D1, so no idea what’s going on.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score

Heres the most recent one I got (that I very much doubt as there is no build sheet).

D7318D22-F7B8-4971-9D65-E5A155D7C82A.jpeg

Myfast70

Reaction score
Was told that at 9:30 this morning my truck was in Eagle Pass tx. How long to get to Mark Dodge in Lake Charles La. ?

The train for my truck left Saltillo on 10/19 and was to have showed up at Port Allen, LA 10/27. The issue, or hold up, is getting the truck from the rail yard to Mark Dodge. Sandi said that the whole state has literally only 5 delivery drivers for all of the dealerships and that in itself could take up to 3 weeks from rail to M.D. So in all actuality, the train is the shortest part of the wait if it's going to Mark Dodge. Once it's al the dealer Sandi said they usually have it prepped and ready to go within 24hrs usually.

Scubaz66

Reaction score

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Even the written communication doesn't make sense to me. "Additionally email communications provided to this email are UN-MONITORED and will be responded to once additional updates are available to share" This tells me replies to this email are not monitored, therefore no one will ever know you replied. Then goes on to say will be responded to once additional updates are available to share. This is a Bot Email and you can't reply to "Jeff". Please keep in mind we as american's/humans are living in a digital age where we hardly ever speak with an actual human on the other end of the line. Everything is automated. Email has turned into the same monster where canned answers are generated for replies. The "Customer Service" position has already been taken over by robots....... LOL

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Even the written communication doesn't make sense to me. "Additionally email communications provided to this email are UN-MONITORED and will be responded to once additional updates are available to share" This tells me replies to this email are not monitored, therefore no one will ever know you replied. Then goes on to say will be responded to once additional updates are available to share. This is a Bot Email and you can't reply to "Jeff". Please keep in mind we as american's/humans are living in a digital age where we hardly ever speak with an actual human on the other end of the line. Everything is automated. Email has turned into the same monster where canned answers are generated for replies. The "Customer Service" position has already been taken over by robots....... LOL
It is a group email box… not sure what they do with the emails though. I did reply for the fun of it. When they sent an update, it was a reply to my reply. So the emails do sit in a box, that is unmonitored lol.

ACEd

Reaction score
I am one of those with Equipment List but NO Window Sticker, currently in JS since 10-18. Someone else suggested that we may be waiting on TPMS sensors for the Trailer Tire Monitoring System Option - so I did a bit of research using the very helpful Tracking list spreadsheet. I took the first 30 of the 47 trucks with earliest Equipment Lists but no Window Stickers as of last night (Equipment lists dating from 9/10/2021 to 10/19/2021) and pulled up the Equipment Lists. I looked for the odd Auxiliary equipment as the Trucks appear to be complete - specifically the Trailer TPMS, Trailer Tow Mode Camera, and Trailer Surround View options.
The results:
27 of 30 have Trailer TPMS
11 of 30 have Tow Mode Wired Camera
9 of 30 have Trailer Surround View
3 of 30 have none of these 3 items
I did not search the trucks with Window Stickers as there are too many to do a reasonable sampling, but my conclusion is the Trailer TPMS sensors are most likely a significant delaying item, but not the only item as there are 3 with none of the options I checked.
If anyone with recent Window Stickers have any of these 3 options, I would like t hear about it.
Best, Ed

wolfpack

Reaction score
Added my 2500 gasser order.

I believe it came off the line 10/27 after being ordered 7/1. If my experience with the 3500 earlier this year is any indication, you’ll get IN TRANSIT with no estimated delivery date, or TBA. That’ll never change. The truck will just hit the ground at your dealership when it does, and helpfully they call you right away instead of letting it sit for 3 weeks because no one can find the paperwork.

Best bet is just to check in weekly once it goes in transit. My 3500 took two months to get from Mexico to Maryland.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I am one of those with Equipment List but NO Window Sticker, currently in JS since 10-18. Someone else suggested that we may be waiting on TPMS sensors for the Trailer Tire Monitoring System Option - so I did a bit of research using the very helpful Tracking list spreadsheet. I took the first 30 of the 47 trucks with earliest Equipment Lists but no Window Stickers as of last night (Equipment lists dating from 9/10/2021 to 10/19/2021) and pulled up the Equipment Lists. I looked for the odd Auxiliary equipment as the Trucks appear to be complete - specifically the Trailer TPMS, Trailer Tow Mode Camera, and Trailer Surround View options.
The results:
27 of 30 have Trailer TPMS
11 of 30 have Tow Mode Wired Camera
9 of 30 have Trailer Surround View
3 of 30 have none of these 3 items
I did not search the trucks with Window Stickers as there are too many to do a reasonable sampling, but my conclusion is the Trailer TPMS sensors are most likely a significant delaying item, but not the only item as there are 3 with none of the options I checked.
If anyone with recent Window Stickers have any of these 3 options, I would like t hear about it.
Best, Ed
Awesome Research! OK! I know I'm not an Automobile Engineer nor am I a Computer Programmer so those with engineer or software programming experience please don't bang my head on the pavement, but I know TPMS have been available on automobiles for quite some time now and I assume the truck itself still comes with this feature. You would think instead of extra computer chips to monitor the trailer tire pressure someone would write the software to add the Trailer Tires to the Truck Tires System so when the Pig Tail is connected from the Truck to the Trailer the same computer chip that monitors the Truck Tire Pressure would automatically monitor the Trailer Tires. Seems that would ease the need for an additional Computer Chip!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I just completed a quick review of the spreadsheet with 525 units assigned. Seems RAM hasn't yet started a production run on 2500 Big Horns with the 6.4L Gas. I see many Laramie and Limited with equipment list, window stickers, etc. but not much movement on the Big Horn models. Am I missing anything?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I just completed a quick review of the spreadsheet with 525 units assigned. Seems RAM hasn't yet started a production run on 2500 Big Horns with the 6.4L Gas. I see many Laramie and Limited with equipment list, window stickers, etc. but not much movement on the Big Horn models. Am I missing anything?
You got it about summed up. They started with the tradesman and some limited/Longhorn. Then moved in to dealer inventory. After that, another round of limited/Longhorn. They just recently started the Laramie. There’s been a few bighorn scattered here and there, but not many.

Users who are viewing this thread