Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

clotagames

Reaction score
Well looks like we are 50%. Ordered 2 trucks for work. A limited 2500 mega 6.7 in mid may and crickets. Ordered a Laramie 2500 crew 6.7 end of July and it’s on the train for late October delivery. Of course mine is the crickets truck.

newmason

Reaction score
Does anyone know how may trucks they are building a day and how many shifts?

owdiss78

Reaction score
Does anyone know how may trucks they are building a day and how many shifts?

I read last week they build like 48 an hour and 3 shifts going 24/7

Also read it takes like 10 hours from start to finish

ACEd

Reaction score
I read last week they build like 48 an hour and 3 shifts going 24/7

Also read it takes like 10 hours from start to finish
24/5 (M-F) plus a single 6 hr shift Sat is answer I got.
48/hr x 3 x 8hr shifts would translate to 1152 per weekday + 288 Saturday assuming they are building trucks Saturday, not setting up for next week production.
Not counting holidays, shutdowns, retooling, etc that would only produce 314496 per year but VINs are in the 7xxxxx range
So quoted numbers 48/hr has to be one line and there has to be more than one HD truck line.

owdiss78

Reaction score
48/hr x 3 x 8hr shifts would translate to 1152 per weekday + 288 Saturday assuming they are building trucks Saturday, not setting up for next week production.
Not counting holidays, shutdowns, retooling, etc that would only produce 314496 per year but VINs are in the 7xxxxx range
So quoted numbers 48/hr has to be one line and there has to be more than one HD truck line.

Maybe I should go ask ram chat and see why it tells me lol. either way I’ve been on here for a couple weeks since I ordered and they are moving allong way faster then when I first came on

Bandit400

Reaction score
A rough guess based on available window stickers. Looks like there 26,593 Window Stickers available (roughly 30,127 build sheets) as of today. Assuming a Window sticker means a fully completed vehicle. That would make 511 vehicles on average per calendar day during that period. Doesn't take into account day off per week so you could redo the math by saying 511 vehicles x 7 days = 3,577 per week and then divide by 6 working days gives you about 596 vehicles per week currently for HDs. I suspect the factory may not by running 3 shifts per day currently or six days a week given the parts shortages. Who knows but some "fuzzy" math based on the raw VIN data OfficerDirtySanchez provides daily now.

build sticker count.png

ACEd

Reaction score
OK - does anyone know the actual count of HD RAMs for a given year - the VINs typically go into the 700,000 range - starting at 100001 that would be in excess of 600,000 per year.

Is that real or do the last 6 digits include other RAM vehicles - Vans etc and maybe other vehicles produced at Saltillo?

What is a realistic quantity of RAM HD trucks (2500-3500 etc) in a given year?

Next question - when did 2022 Production begin and is it really M-F 3 shifts + Saturday 1 shift 6 hr less the shutdown time (last week - 1 week only?)?

Next question How many 2021's are still in work and how does that affect the line?

But I have to agree if the spreadsheet count of Window Stickers represents a reasonable count of completed vehicles, the net output of 2022's is closer to 600 per day or on a 24 hour basis more like 25 per hour on a single line. That may be partly due to bringing in 2021's to complete them which may play heck with scheduling, but thats a lot of catching up to do to get into 700,000 VIN territory for the model year.

Inquiring minds want to know?
Best, Ed

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I have to point out that my list of VINs/equipment listings/window stickers is most certainly incomplete. But I have no way of knowing how incomplete. I'd like to think I've found 75%+ of the trucks which have been built to date.

ACEd

Reaction score
I have to point out that my list of VINs/equipment listings/window stickers is most certainly incomplete. But I have no way of knowing how incomplete. I'd like to think I've found 75%+ of the trucks which have been built to date.
OK - if 75% then approx 800 per day or roughly 33 per hour for the 2022 model year - lots of 2021's still "being built" and/or "in transit" on dealer web sites.

Grayson

Reaction score
I don't know how many trucks they produce per day however looking at those numbers it's hard to tell what max production would be. Im sure shift changes, breaks, meal time, equipment repairs would factor in somewhere (I don't know labor laws in Mexico)

owdiss78

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll at least have THAT to look forward to. :cool:

I wish it meant faster moving to have but hey it is something in steps to getting what you ordered. I’ve never ordered a truck before so I’m excited but trying also to forget but sooooo hard to not want it right now..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread