Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

DougB

Reaction score
Took delivery yesterday. Really like the truck and features. 4 complaints so far - 1) I’m gonna miss the corner bumper step from my GMC, 2) highly optioned truck has no telescoping steering wheel, 3) terrible factory tires, 4) completely blacked out truck and they put outlined white letter tires on it?
Can't the tires be flipped on the rims to have black side out? Or are these OWL both sides?

DudeBro

Reaction score
Can't the tires be flipped on the rims to have black side out? Or are these OWL both sides?

I haven’t looked at the inside sidewall, but I assume it’s black. It’s just annoying that I have to pay mount/balancing on a brand new truck.

Woodywoodpecker

I'M NOT YELLING
Reaction score
anyone know how many trucks fit on the ship that transport from mexico to brunswick ga on the east coast

ACEd

Reaction score
If Firestone Transforce AT they should be black on inside and as far as I know they are symmetric as to construction and tread pattern, so yes they could be flipped, but as was pointed out, its a hassle to dismount, remount, and especially to rebalance. You would have to find tire place with correct balancing equipment to handle these (My RAM dealer did not, nor did Sams where I bought replacement tires). And it would probably run you $25 a wheel +/- and you would still have undesirable tires in my opinion. If you really dislike the white letters and want to keep the tires, easier to get black tire paint and repaint letters occasionally. In general I dont like white lettered tires, I replaced the white lettered ATs on my Granite Grey Ram 2500 with blackwalls but on silver rims. But personally I think the white letters and chrome lug nuts compliment this truck with black wheels.

Grayson

Reaction score
"Go with Something Else" - WHAT ELSE - Other brands in same boat - only option I see is compromise on options and buy something off a Dealer's lot with $2000-5000 premium over MSRP. There are apps that search to specified radius or Nationwide - Almost bought a 2021 at MSRP from 500 miles away but it was sold out from under me after I put a deposit on it and was about to leave to pick up. Might be tempting if you can find something at a reasonable dealer and there are some - but I am not in favor of supporting a Price Gouging dealer - not particularly trustworthy in my mind

It depends do you need or want the truck. If its a need then you are more than likely going to have to compromise, If its want then either wait or compromise.

ACEd

Reaction score
It depends do you need or want the truck. If its a need then you are more than likely going to have to compromise, If its want then either wait or compromise.
In my case its need. My 2015 2500 Limited was totalled by Hurricane Ida. I tried to buy off the lots and anything within 500 miles either was jacked up 2000-5000 dollars or sold immediately

newmason

Reaction score
Not many equipment and window sticker updates for today. How does that get updated on the worksheet?

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Not many equipment and window sticker updates for today. How does that get updated on the worksheet?
I check them all. They have seemed to show up in the evenings. But I just checked them all a few minutes ago and don't see any new ones.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Officer Dirty, just in case you haven't see it already

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-165520_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-165520_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 34

nyfireman22

Reaction score
I was able to get my VIN from Ramchat this morning. Was a little surprised they had it since I just ordered three days ago. I've added it to the list.IMG_20211006_143021637~2.jpg

tolym

Reaction score
I was able to get my VIN from Ramchat this morning. Was a little surprised they had it since I just ordered three days ago. I've added it to the list.View attachment 23182

That’s what it usually takes to get a vin. I ordered on a Saturday and Monday I already had a vin.
Nice truck, great color choice, congratulations on your order.
Who did you order through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLJ

Reaction score
#155 on spreadsheet, 3C6UR5DLXNG116888 est shipping date 8/14 updated to 10/14 now updated again to 10/18.

nyfireman22

Reaction score
That’s what it usually takes to get a vin. I ordered on a Saturday and Monday I already had a vin.
Nice truck, great color choice, congratulations on your order.
Who did you order through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I ordered through a somewhat local dealer, Longley Dodge in Fulton NY. This will be the fifth vehicle we've gotten there since 2015 and I've referred two more sales to them in the last year. I'll probably stick with them unless they give me a reason not to. They've been fantastic to deal with each and every time. Not to say I didn't shop around just to keep them honest but now using affiliate pricing the only variation really is my trade-in. The sales tax savings also negated any discount I was going to get by going with an out-of-state dealer. I was somewhat surprised to find out they were selling at full MSRP since they've sold us our previous vehicles at invoice, I guess that's a sign of the times though. Another local dealer I checked with did offer to sell me a new one at invoice, so if it weren't for the affiliate pricing I likely would have gone with them.

Bandit400

Reaction score
Some data I charted from OfficerDirtySanchez's VIN query data. This shows the number of VINs with build sheets and window sticker by platform and Option Trim. Gives you an idea of what trims Ram is building and those they are not. Of course we don't really know how many of each trim was ordered but does not have a build sheet posted yet (waiting to be built). This is a bit depressing for me personally since I ordered a Ram 5500 Limited Level 1 trim back on 6/30. Looks like they only build 20 so far :(
10_26_21 Build Info by trim.png

Last edited:

Bandit400

Reaction score
I better figure out what I need to do to improve my parsing. I don't think there is actually a "Brazil" equipment group. Or maybe we'll learn something new.
Yeah, saw that. Its picking up "Brazil Equipment Group". It looks like a real VIN destined for Brazil. It has the Brazil Country code and LATM region on the build sheet. Example: https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5FL1NG121183 Thanks again for compiling this data. Its really interesting.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread