Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ESC Recall

jadmt

Reaction score
I keep seeing owners of the 2020 trucks say the same thing. I guess we need clarification on this, but seems we already got it from the original post. I would contact Ram Cares
waiting to hear from them...

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Is this the one about the squiggly tire light not coming on or something? I must have thrown the notice away, can’t find it. But, it didn’t seem like something to be concerned about.

Only other recall I’ve gotten was the wiper arm torque

carmike

Reaction score
Is this the one about the squiggly tire light not coming on or something? I must have thrown the notice away, can’t find it. But, it didn’t seem like something to be concerned about.

Only other recall I’ve gotten was the wiper arm torque
No but to me any recall is important no matter how trivial you think it might be. This one is for the ESC (stability control) 2019-2022

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
No but to me any recall is important no matter how trivial you think it might be. This one is for the ESC (stability control) 2019-2022
If we’re talking about the same recall I believe it said simply the light doesn’t come on sometimes when it’s supposed to.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
If we’re talking about the same recall I believe it said simply the light doesn’t come on sometimes when it’s supposed to.
And the ESC telltale lamp is the only visual indicator that other problems may exist with the brake system, since the abs module doesn’t illuminate the check engine light for most faults that it stores. For example, if there is any actual issue with the brake vacuum boost sensor, or vac pump, the ESC telltale light is the only way to let someone know that those faults will be present when the abs module is scanned.

jadmt

Reaction score
I know I wanted it fixed. I am headed to Moab early June and last place in the world you want a brake failure is when you are pulling out on Top of the World...or driving some of those other shelf roads...

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
And the ESC telltale lamp is the only visual indicator that other problems may exist with the brake system, since the abs module doesn’t illuminate the check engine light for most faults that it stores. For example, if there is any actual issue with the brake vacuum boost sensor, or vac pump, the ESC telltale light is the only way to let someone know that those faults will be present when the abs module is scanned.
Thanks for clarifying. Makes much more sense now.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
took it in yesterday morning for my scheduled appointment at 7:00am and was driving out of the lot at 7:34 am.
I picked up my 2500 on 4/21/22 and they downloaded a RAM app to my phone. I haven’t spent much time with the app but I remembered something about a recall notice. On the app, I have a green check mark for the notice and when I go in to see the details, it says “completed April 11, 2022” (see screen shot below). Should I assume the dealer completed the software update before I picked up the truck or is this telling me something else was completed (like notifying the customer)?D1D12DB9-9E21-4F1C-8488-899E5DB8396B.png

jadmt

Reaction score
I picked up my 2500 on 4/21/22 and they downloaded a RAM app to my phone. I haven’t spent much time with the app but I remembered something about a recall notice. On the app, I have a green check mark for the notice and when I go in to see the details, it says “completed April 11, 2022” (see screen shot below). Should I assume the dealer completed the software update before I picked up the truck or is this telling me something else was completed (like notifying the customer)?View attachment 38053
looks like they did yours already. within a few hours after they did mine that is how mine showed on the ram app.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I called my dealer to schedule this recall to be done and apparently the service dept only does recalls M-F until 1pm. Well nevermind I guess I won’t be getting this recall done. Some people still work.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I called my dealer to schedule this recall to be done and apparently the service dept only does recalls M-F until 1pm. Well nevermind I guess I won’t be getting this recall done. Some people still work.
You still work for a living?? Weird. Get with the times! Nobody actually works anymore!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
How frustrating! Were you able to get your recall completed? Let us know if we can help you by sending a private message.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I never jump on recalls if I don't notice a problem. Especially software. Today's systems are complicated and it's hard to test real world scenarios. Inevitably a new update will cause something else to go wrong. They'll figure it out eventually but no need to be a first in line guinea pig.

Users who are viewing this thread