Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ESC Recall

Texasram1

Reaction score
ESC Safety Recall

Safety Recall Z20 / NHTSA 22V-140
Electronic Stability Control

I just called my local dealer to get this taken care of, but was informed that they don’t have the parts on-hand. They took my info down and said that they would call me when they had parts.

Per the recall notice that I received, this appears to be a software update. Am I missing something?

Texasram1

Reaction score
Called a different dealership. “You’ll have to leave it with us for 1/2 to a full day.”

I told the guy that the recall notice said it would take an hour, to which he replied that they would have to dispatch a tech to it once the tech was avail.

Unreal

jadmt

Reaction score
I got the same response about the parts, only my dealership said the parts were on backorder. Someone else brought up a very good point tho. You want them to have parts on hand because apparently if the software upload does not take it will brick the control module. so I guess I would rather them have the part just in case. Seems most do not have a problem with the update but some have had issues so better safe than sorry. My guess is like everything else since Joe took over nobody wants to work so probably are thin on techs and Rams have a reputation of needing worked on....

Texasram1

Reaction score
apparently if the software upload does not take it will brick the control module.
Wow, that’s crazy. Never heard of such a thing.
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I’ll be waiting it out.

carmike

Reaction score
So, I had the recall done, took roughly 1 hour. Now I have 2 other problems and don't know if it has something to do with the re-flash they just did. After parking the truck and locking it everything works as it should. After it sits for a few hours I can walk up to it and open the locked door without my fob nearby. Also, the remote start does not work. I thought it was a fluke but it has now done the same thing for a few days. Anyone else having issues after this reflash is done?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So, I had the recall done, took roughly 1 hour. Now I have 2 other problems and don't know if it has something to do with the re-flash they just did. After parking the truck and locking it everything works as it should. After it sits for a few hours I can walk up to it and open the locked door without my fob nearby. Also, the remote start does not work. I thought it was a fluke but it has now done the same thing for a few days. Anyone else having issues after this reflash is done?
If all known fobs are away from the truck, and you walk up to it, is the truck already unlocked (after being locked before), or does it unlock when you put your hand inside the door handle?

carmike

Reaction score
If all known fobs are away from the truck, and you walk up to it, is the truck already unlocked (after being locked before), or does it unlock when you put your hand inside the door handle?
It unlocks when I grab the door handle and after it opens, i re close it, lock it and try to use remote start. Thats when remote start does not work. so, i get in, start it. shut it off get out and lock it. then, remote start works. its like i'm re setting something after starting it.

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
Is anybody still waiting for thier dealer to get parts for the Z20 recall ....Seems like with no trucks to sell a dealer would be happy to get people in the service department to drum up a little business..not my dealer still says no parts for a software update.....has anybody issues with the software update not working where parts were actually needed?

Texasram1

Reaction score
I just got a call that my parts are in. Will call to schedule tomorrow

carmike

Reaction score
Is anybody still waiting for thier dealer to get parts for the Z20 recall ....Seems like with no trucks to sell a dealer would be happy to get people in the service department to drum up a little business..not my dealer still says no parts for a software update.....has anybody issues with the software update not working where parts were actually needed?
I got mine done and there are np parts listed. What parts are they waiting on. It can't be software, or is it

jadmt

Reaction score
I got mine done and there are np parts listed. What parts are they waiting on. It can't be software, or is it
your guess is as good as mine. Dealer said parts are on backorder and I said my recall notice says a software update and they said no your truck requires parts replacement....

tla90

Reaction score
I got it done with no needed parts. Haven't gotten the truck back due to some other issues though, so no testing

JP426

Reaction score
I had mine done today, in and out in just over an hour. Software update, no parts needed.

carmike

Reaction score
your guess is as good as mine. Dealer said parts are on backorder and I said my recall notice says a software update and they said no your truck requires parts replacement....
You have a 2020? Parts are needed. 2021 no parts needed?

carmike

Reaction score
it seems to me that the 2020's need parts and the 21 and 22's do not

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
To clear up any miscommunication, the repair for this recall is a software update. If anyone needs additional assistance alongside your dealer to have this repair performed, feel free to follow up with us in private message.

Sarah
Ram Cares

jadmt

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
To clear up any miscommunication, the repair for this recall is a software update. If anyone needs additional assistance alongside your dealer to have this repair performed, feel free to follow up with us in private message.

Sarah
Ram Cares
my dealer, Lithia Missoula MT says on my truck they don't have the parts to perform the recall...

carmike

Reaction score
my dealer, Lithia Missoula MT says on my truck they don't have the parts to perform the recall...
I keep seeing owners of the 2020 trucks say the same thing. I guess we need clarification on this, but seems we already got it from the original post. I would contact Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread