Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 deletes ETA????/ 2nd gen swap

tchur1

Reaction score
There are still three 6.0s in my family, from the first year to the last year of the 6.0. All three are heavily used, are TT towers, have high mileage, and are still performing well. Only one had a head gasket failure that occurred at 3000 miles (mfg defect). The two early ones are bone stock, the 2016 is tuned and abused.
Don't mean to hijack the post but need to say the 6.0s don't "fall apart".
Totally fair. I was just making a tongue in cheek joke about the 6.0 based on its reputation/sterotype.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
i never had a single issue with it, 4 years of ownership. mainly because it was built properly and maintained... people love putting them down but they are actually great trucks if you look past the bulletproofing, almost how i looked past the trans/front end problems ram has...

My 06 6.0 is still running hard and its my daily i beat the piss out of on the jobsite. Just lost much ****ing horn yesterday though. Slammed on it cause some dumb women blew the intersertion and almost killed me and it wouldnt turn off. Had to pull the fuse and now i got no horn and its expensive to fix which i aint doing. Still rumbles like a champ though. Going to hopefully get another 100k miles out of it god willing. If my 22 3500 sounded like this i would be wet driving around all day

Riddick

Reaction score
There a few different threads on 22' tuning but I will post an update in this one. Performance Calibrations is taking 22' tuning to a whole new level. They may have figured out a way to reflash a 22 ECM, they posted an update on their facebook page and they are working out a few glitches but its looking promising. According to their post they were able to flash it but they were dealing with a VATS issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Additionally, I emailed Duramaxtuner and their emissions compliant tuning should be released very soon. They use an older ECU (pre 22) and will ship you the new ECU, you keep your stock one so that's a plus. Duramaxtuner pricing is roughly 3k plus shipping.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
There a few different threads on 22' tuning but I will post an update in this one. Performance Calibrations is taking 22' tuning to a whole new level. They may have figured out a way to reflash a 22 ECM, they posted an update on their facebook page and they are working out a few glitches but its looking promising. According to their post they were able to flash it but they were dealing with a VATS issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Additionally, I emailed Duramaxtuner and their emissions compliant tuning should be released very soon. They use an older ECU (pre 22) and will ship you the new ECU, you keep your stock one so that's a plus. Duramaxtuner pricing is roughly 3k plus shipping.
Interesting how one is your typical steps and one is a bench flash like the new Fords. I wonder how much longer till the other big names catch up.

tchur1

Reaction score

This is an awesome update and one I know myself and others have been hoping for. Hopefully its not too long until Performance releases these tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread