Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

R3500

Reaction score
Don’t know yet can’t even get the darn thing fixed. But if it’s done right, I have a warranty to 120,000 miles bumper to bumper . Only have 8,000 now so I should be covered.
Good point for sure. I just worry about this issue, along with all the recalls for this particular year. Im locate just outside of Albuquerque in Sandia Park BTW.

Adam06

Reaction score
Good point for sure. I just worry about this issue, along with all the recalls for this particular year. Im locate just outside of Albuquerque in Sandia Park BTW.
I’m in santafe worst service ever

R3500

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I hope things improve for you soon at your dealership. My Truck is at Larry Miller in ABQ and they continuously tell me they are understaffed and can't seem to find help. My Ram customer care advisor has been ok for me. She rarely return my calls, but I can usually call her and she answers. They did get my parts expedited at my request and they are at the dealership as of this past Tuesday. I am currently waiting to see when LHM can schedule the repair. They only have one transmission tech who can do this repair and I know they have 5 fire service trucks in front of mine, so we will see what happens.

R3500

Reaction score
I have not been affected, but I think it would be a positive, not a negative. The future buyer will not have the
At “what if” thought in his head, as it’s already been done taken care of. Similar to the CP4.2 recall.
I agree, as long as they correct it the first time and we don't have a long list of folks with repeat repairs. Time will tell. So far it looks like only a few early repairs have needed to go back for the same issue and that certainly is promising.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Currently my truck is back at the dealer having a fluid leak checked out. I believe it’s transmission fluid from the color. I went to check my transmission fluid level and the dipstick tube was just flopping around the engine bay. They replaced my transmission last December for the K1 issue. Be sure to look over your truck thoroughly when you get it back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Heard back from the dealer… my tranny has a front pump seal that is leaking. The seal is on order, and should be here in a week or two. I have about 15k on this replacement that was put in this last January. New pump seal means pulling the tranny and TC out of it. Not crazy about that.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I got mine back, went in sept 4th got it back October 13th, so far so good.
Thanks for the update. I’ll add that info to the spreadsheet. 39 day turnaround time.

If possible could you get your transmission serial number?

Also, have you received a notice from ram for customer service notice 71A ? - which is their internal snap ring recall

Redmille

Reaction score
Got my truck back after the 71A and Y43 were completed. Just took it for a 100 mile run, all seems well. I did not have a failure prior to the 71A, 8.6k miles.

Adam06

Reaction score
Got my truck back after the 71A and Y43 were completed. Just took it for a 100 mile run, all seems well. I did not have a failure prior to the 71A, 8.6k miles.
Does it seem to shift softer? I have heard a few people say it doesn’t shift as hard as before

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Does it seem to shift softer? I have heard a few people say it doesn’t shift as hard as before
They put a whole new trans in mine. It accelerates a lot better and the shifts are not as hard. Mine failed at 20,633. We just hit 30k on it and have had zero problems. We pull a 5th wheel 90% of the time, 13.6k. Ram just paid for us to do the trans service at the regular 30k interval even though it only had 10k on the fluid. I wanted the intervals to match on the record books so nobody would question it. We love it and have no concerns. One thing I do hate is the lag in the cruise control. It drops too much speed before it kicks in to catch back up to what its set at while towing.

Adam06

Reaction score
They put a whole new trans in mine. It accelerates a lot better and the shifts are not as hard. Mine failed at 20,633. We just hit 30k on it and have had zero problems. We pull a 5th wheel 90% of the time, 13.6k. Ram just paid for us to do the trans service at the regular 30k interval even though it only had 10k on the fluid. I wanted the intervals to match on the record books so nobody would question it. We love it and have no concerns. One thing I do hate is the lag in the cruise control. It drops too much speed before it kicks in to catch back up to what its set at while towing.
Nice still waiting to get mine done before I tow any more. I pull a toy hauler camper with the goose box it weighs 18,200 pounds and love the way it tows but afraid to even drive it till I get the recall done . I only have 8000 miles and next month will be one year of ownership.

calvin

Reaction score
Heard back from the dealer… my tranny has a front pump seal that is leaking. The seal is on order, and should be here in a week or two. I have about 15k on this replacement that was put in this last January. New pump seal means pulling the tranny and TC out of it. Not crazy about that.

when looking for the serial number on my transmission I noticed a fluid leak where it connects to the engine. I have a service appointment November 7th. The dealer that did my transmission repair also failed to connect the DEF lines to the tank. I attempted to add 2.5 gallons of DEF and it all poured out on the ground. I would encourage anyone who has had this repair done to inspect for leaks. anyone want to buy a low mile 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie ?

PorterTransport

Reaction score
Please add me to the list. I’ve now had two K1 failures on the same ‘22 5500 Chassis. Here's my known info...

Owner: Porter Transport
Build: 9-22
Delivery: 10-22
Failure 1: 381 miles on 5.22.23
Failure 2: 11,622 miles on 10.27.23
Both failures occurred while towing.
Gears 1-4 Working: No
Reverse Working: Yes
Notes: Interestingly, truck has only been in 4x4 twice, both very briefly. First time was 193 miles prior to failure 1. Second time was 246 miles prior to failure 2. Both failures occurred while towing at highway speed. 1st with loaded trailer. 2nd with empty trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_8713.jpeg
    IMG_8713.jpeg
    666.9 KB · Views: 15

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Please add me to the list. I’ve now had two K1 failures on the same ‘22 5500 Chassis. Here's my known info...

Owner: Porter Transport
Build: 9-22
Delivery: 10-22
Failure 1: 381 miles on 5.22.23
Failure 2: 11,622 miles on 10.27.23
Both failures occurred while towing.
Gears 1-4 Working: No
Reverse Working: Yes
Notes: Interestingly, truck has only been in 4x4 twice, both very briefly. First time was 193 miles prior to failure 1. Second time was 246 miles prior to failure 2. Both failures occurred while towing at highway speed. 1st with loaded trailer. 2nd with empty trailer.
I will get you on the sheet.
Couple questions:

Did they replace the transmission or repair it the first time?

Did they replace the transmission or repair it the second time?

What is the current status of the truck as of today?

Have you received notice from Ram regarding Customer Satisfaction Notice 71A for the Aisin K1 snap ring recall?

What is your transmission’s serial number currently?

R3500

Reaction score
I Got my truck back last Friday Oct 27th after being down for 7 weeks. I now have about 110 miles on it since the repair was completed and all is good so far.

R3500

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Keep me posted if you have any issues
Will do! Thank you so much for all your hard work in tracking this issue. It was certainly a great help for me and Im sure many others. Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread