Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Hoffman Equipment

Reaction score
2022 5500 Cab chassis 4300 miles with a service body on it 19500 gvw
Failed yesterday no forward gears p0731 p0733 en route to dealer and it falls under the recall I am asking for a replacement transmission as this is a work truck
Dealer states its under the CSN

Trickerick

Reaction score
I bought my 2022 new on 7/4/23. Was ordered and not received for 10.5 months and then sat on the lot. Had no idea the recall or problem existed and dealer did not mention it. First indication of failure was while driving home from work on 9/21/23 sitting in stop and go traffic in drive, went to move and engine only revved and truck was rolling back. Hit the brake, shifted to park and back to drive. Was able to engage and made it home. Check engine light was on. I still had no knowledge of the existing problem. Checked with my buddy at work (mechanic) and learned about the January recall. Tried the truck on 10/8/23, no forward gears, just reverse. Had it towed to dealer on 10/9/23. It currently has 1300 miles. Received message that the parts were ordered yesterday with no ETA due to the strike. Dealer service manager said that they would be replacing the transmission. Does it help to call RAM Care?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I bought my 2022 new on 7/4/23. Was ordered and not received for 10.5 months and then sat on the lot. Had no idea the recall or problem existed and dealer did not mention it. First indication of failure was while driving home from work on 9/21/23 sitting in stop and go traffic in drive, went to move and engine only revved and truck was rolling back. Hit the brake, shifted to park and back to drive. Was able to engage and made it home. Check engine light was on. I still had no knowledge of the existing problem. Checked with my buddy at work (mechanic) and learned about the January recall. Tried the truck on 10/8/23, no forward gears, just reverse. Had it towed to dealer on 10/9/23. It currently has 1300 miles. Received message that the parts were ordered yesterday with no ETA due to the strike. Dealer service manager said that they would be replacing the transmission. Does it help to call RAM Care?
you can call them and get a case open but that is about it. They suck.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
From what I am being told the snap ring issue is with only one of the suppliers and it was not heat treated correctly. It does not actually break, it bends and falls out of place. they replaced our transmission with a new one built in March of 23, i think, I know its a 23. We pull a 14k 5th wheel as we live in it full time. Have not had a problem since, we have 6k on the new one. Lot of mountain pulls in those 6k miles. Not even a hard shift.

1ram

Reaction score
Ram Care reached out to me here on this forum via private conversation and started the process, I got the call from the case manager a few days later letting me they had talked to my dealer and they the expected availability of the K1 71A CSN parts would be around Oct. 18th. I really don't know what the advantage is to having a case number, the dealer had already ordered the parts.

Zero. Ram Cares is useless. Mine went in June and still trying to get basic reimbursements after they left it stranded for 18 hours side of road and stopped working on a tow.

They did nothing to help, nothing to expedite, and are actively avoiding taking responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
@mbarber84 Another one to add to your list my 2022 3500 SRW HO died yesterday. Had been driving around in the mountains of Colorado, not towing, came into town and couldn’t back into a parking spot.

1. Date you ordered the truck (if applicable): 4/23/22
2. Date of manufacture: 7/25/22
3. Date you purchased the truck: Took delivery 12/16/22
4. Mileage on the odometer at the time of failure: 9,920 (150 total towing miles, light trailer. Not towing at time of failure)
5. Serial Number of failed transmission:: Don’t know, didn’t look before tow.
6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)? TBD
7. Were you towing at the time of failure? No (2 passengers very little in the truck)
8. Did 1st through 4th gear work? Only 1st seemed to work
9. Did reverse work? No
10. What date did the transmission fail? 10/9/2023
11. When was the truck returned to you after repair? TBD
12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts? TBD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has the dealer confirmed it was a K1 failure yet? Typically reverse will still work and you lose 1-4 gears. I’m happy to add your truck to the spreadsheet but given the peculiar behavior you’re seeing with the truck, it might be best to wait for dealer confirmation that it is indeed a k1 failure. I’ve seen several trucks demonstrate what they thought was a k1 and ended up being a transfer case issue.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Has the dealer confirmed it was a K1 failure yet? Typically reverse will still work and you lose 1-4 gears. I’m happy to add your truck to the spreadsheet but given the peculiar behavior you’re seeing with the truck, it might be best to wait for dealer confirmation that it is indeed a k1 failure. I’ve seen several trucks demonstrate what they thought was a k1 and ended up being a transfer case issue.

He mentioned snap ring and torque converter bolts this morning. K1 shouldn’t have anything to do with torque converter bolts.

Usual_Suspect02

Reaction score
If you’re able, can you post a picture of the work order / diagnostics they’ve completed so far?

I don’t have that yet, what he’s told me is this is the part they need “6511777AA - is the main thing we are lacking , you are going to get a whole input shaft kit, but these torque converter bolts are what we're lacking.” I’ll ask specifically about k1.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
2022 5500 Cab chassis 4300 miles with a service body on it 19500 gvw
Failed yesterday no forward gears p0731 p0733 en route to dealer and it falls under the recall I am asking for a replacement transmission as this is a work truck
Dealer states its under the CSN

I would be happy to add each of your trucks to the spreadsheet. Just need the following info from each of you:

1. Date you ordered them truck (if applicable)

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date))

3. Date you purchased the truck

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345"

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure?

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work?

9. Did reverse work?

10. What date did the transmission fail?

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair?

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?

13. Was / Is the truck currently identified under Customer Satisfaction Notification 71A?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t have that yet, what he’s told me is this is the part they need “6511777AA - is the main thing we are lacking , you are going to get a whole input shaft kit, but these torque converter bolts are what we're lacking.” I’ll ask specifically about k1.

Ok let me know if they confirm it’s a k1 snap ring failure. Did they say input shaft kit?

6511777AA are indeed converter to flex plate bolts, and are part of the K1 repair kit IMG_3998.jpeg

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I am being told the snap ring issue is with only one of the suppliers and it was not heat treated correctly. It does not actually break, it bends and falls out of place. they replaced our transmission with a new one built in March of 23, i think, I know its a 23. We pull a 14k 5th wheel as we live in it full time. Have not had a problem since, we have 6k on the new one. Lot of mountain pulls in those 6k miles. Not even a hard shift.

There are many reports and pictures of broken K-1 snap rings. They can break and/or pop out of the groove.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
@mbarber84 Another one to add to your list my 2022 3500 SRW HO died yesterday. Had been driving around in the mountains of Colorado, not towing, came into town and couldn’t back into a parking spot.

1. Date you ordered the truck (if applicable): 4/23/22
2. Date of manufacture: 7/25/22
3. Date you purchased the truck: Took delivery 12/16/22
4. Mileage on the odometer at the time of failure: 9,920 (150 total towing miles, light trailer. Not towing at time of failure)
5. Serial Number of failed transmission:: Don’t know, didn’t look before tow.
6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)? TBD
7. Were you towing at the time of failure? No (2 passengers very little in the truck)
8. Did 1st through 4th gear work? Only 1st seemed to work
9. Did reverse work? No
10. What date did the transmission fail? 10/9/2023
11. When was the truck returned to you after repair? TBD
12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts? TBD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is your truck identified under CSN-71A?

Users who are viewing this thread