Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

gravetrail

Reaction score
Hey Folks;
Found this forum, unfortunately, because my truck has ALL of these symptoms. Made it home from a trip in 5th gear and am now trying to schedule service. Dealers in my area (SW Colorado) are all looking at November (45 days from now). For those of you that have been into service, any suggestions on dealerships anywhere that have a sooner service time? Thanks!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Folks;
Found this forum, unfortunately, because my truck has ALL of these symptoms. Made it home from a trip in 5th gear and am now trying to schedule service. Dealers in my area (SW Colorado) are all looking at November (45 days from now). For those of you that have been into service, any suggestions on dealerships anywhere that have a sooner service time? Thanks!
Now that this has been upgraded to a customer satisfaction notification, I would hope that ram can get you in sooner, even if it’s at another dealer in your area. I would contact Ram customer service and see what they can do to help get you in sooner. They’re not always known to be overly helpful but it’s worth a shot.

In terms of the truck, since you had to continue to drive it, it’s very likely you’ll have more damage internally. Whichever dealer ends up working on it, I would ask them to look it over carefully for damage to the internals as a result of continued operation. The TSB they use to fix this failure is a little lackluster. It leaves off some steps that should be done anytime one of these fails (especially when it’s been pushed to continue operating post-failure). Dropping the pan, inspecting for debris in the pan and the fluid, and also closely checking all the clutches etc. I’m hypothesizing here, but I believe many of the trucks that experience a second failure after the first repair are the result of missed damage not found or carefully checked during the first repair.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
Wow, finally talked to an FCA Canada Case Manager, I've waited a month for this callback. It looks like my mega cab doesn't even have the recall! She stated that there was no known problem with the mega cab but it may come out eventually. Insane how this corporation works.

So she tried shutting me down that they had no obligation to help me in any way at this point because they fixed the problem. At this point, I'm bent on some kind of recourse with Chrysler for failing to notify owners of a problem they knew about for months leaving many people with their brand-new trucks stranded.

Does anyone know what the next steps should be outside of a lawyer?

calvin

Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear that. I can add your truck to the spreadsheet. Ram recently upgraded their response to this problem. It’s now a customer satisfaction campaign. I would hope they can get you the parts and get you moving much sooner than previously.

Do you have or know your trucks date of manufacture?
how do I find it? I found the window sticker on Rams website but couldn't find the build date anywhere.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The transmission went out on my 2022 Ram 3500 700 miles from home 9/9/23 I contacted Ram customer Service on 9/11/23 it is now 9/18 and I have not heard back from my case manager. The dealer said he ordered parts to repair it. NO ETA as of yet. No loaner vehicle. Meanwhile my trailer is stranded 100 miles from the dealer. 8500 miles on the only vehicle I ever bought brand new.
Just a heads up, you’re on the spreadsheet. See row 332. Please get me the build date if possible and keep me updated!

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I spoke to the dealer today about the CSN 71A which my truck is a part of, they ordered parts last Tuesday and he told me today they are on backorder???? backorder for a freakin snap ring?????
My truck is still working fine but I'm leaving for a 2 month trip on Oct. 5th pulling a 44' Toy hauler Fifth Wheel and I would have liked to have the recall done before that... the truck has 16,500 miles on it currently and so far so good, I just hope it doesn't let me down on this trip.....

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I spoke to the dealer today about the CSN 71A which my truck is a part of, they ordered parts last Tuesday and he told me today they are on backorder???? backorder for a freakin snap ring?????
My truck is still working fine but I'm leaving for a 2 month trip on Oct. 5th pulling a 44' Toy hauler Fifth Wheel and I would have liked to have the recall done before that... the truck has 16,500 miles on it currently and so far so good, I just hope it doesn't let me down on this trip.....
I’ve heard the same “backordered ” status from several folks on the spreadsheet. Figure they have 5,440 trucks to repair so I’m sure parts supplies will be strained, considering some of those are still going to new trucks on the line also.

If you’re going on a long trip with the truck, I would suggest having some sort of supplemental insurance or coverage that will help with towing expenses, especially for the trailer. I wouldn’t depend on Ram complimentary roadside assistance. It seems like pretty much everyone that attempted to use that option got stranded and was basically told “tough luck”. Ultimately having to pay out of pocket for towing.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I’ve heard the same “backordered ” status from several folks on the spreadsheet. Figure they have 5,440 trucks to repair so I’m sure parts supplies will be strained, considering some of those are still going to new trucks on the line also.

If you’re going on a long trip with the truck, I would suggest having some sort of supplemental insurance or coverage that will help with towing expenses, especially for the trailer. I wouldn’t depend on Ram complimentary roadside assistance. It seems like pretty much everyone that attempted to use that option got stranded and was basically told “tough luck”. Ultimately having to pay out of pocket for towing.
I do have Insurance to tow the truck and trailer in case of problems but if this thing goes out and ruins my 2 month vacation which I have already paid for camp grounds I'm going to be very upset...
I really like this truck and my last 7 new vehicle purchases have been Chrysler products but seeing the way this is being handled it will be my last ..
Has anyone looked into renting a dual wheel truck with a fifth wheel?

XPS

Reaction score
how do I find it? I found the window sticker on Rams website but couldn't find the build date anywhere.
You can determine the building date by the window sticker also. On the very bottom left, you will see the VIN, to the right of that is the VON number and then to the right of the VON number, you will see smaller digit codes like 0418 –3. First 4 numbers are month and date, so it this circumstance it's April 18th. Not sure what the dash and the last number means.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
You can determine the building date by the window sticker also. On the very bottom left, you will see the VIN, to the right of that is the VON number and then to the right of the VON number, you will see smaller digit codes like 0418 –3. First 4 numbers are month and date, so it this circumstance it's April 18th. Not sure what the dash and the last number means.
I’ve found that whenever there’s a “-X” after the number, the build date isn’t accurate. I’m fairly sure that dash number indicates something like a reprint or some sort of post-production date change. For instance, my window sticker shows 1102-3, but my trucks date of manufacture is 10/9/21, as confirmed by the two stickers on the drivers door area, and also by Ram’s internal computer system that contains all the build codes, build times, etc. It is for this reason I do not always use the window sticker when attempting to add build dates from those who wish to be on any of my tracking sheets. It’s been my experience that if the number has a “-0” next to it, the date is accurate. But any dash and then subsequent number, the date won’t be accurate. That dash number has to be some sort of reprint or something. Maybe @brv10 can shed some light on that?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve found that whenever there’s a “-X” after the number, the build date isn’t accurate. I’m fairly sure that dash number indicates something like a reprint or some sort of post-production date change. For instance, my window sticker shows 1102-3, but my trucks date of manufacture is 10/9/21, as confirmed by the two stickers on the drivers door area, and also by Ram’s internal computer system that contains all the build codes, build times, etc. It is for this reason I do not always use the window sticker when attempting to add build dates from those who wish to be on any of my tracking sheets. It’s been my experience that if the number has a “-0” next to it, the date is accurate. But any dash and then subsequent number, the date won’t be accurate. That dash number has to be some sort of reprint or something. Maybe @brv10 can shed some light on that?

Does your digital window sticker have the same date code as your printed one?

XPS

Reaction score
Good to know there can be discrepancies. My window sticker, and the door sticker matches and I have the -3. I'm using the window sticker that is from my login on the Mopar website near there are the recalls are listed. But a good point is that the door sticker should be the telling tale. I know these build dates of the trucks are being tracked, but the most crucial is the serial number of the transmissions which of course many don't provide.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The window sticker date is typically its final inspection date, that's when it gets its wings, the actual build date could be the same day or a week or so before that since sometimes they go to storage first. How's it going Mbarber84.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The window sticker date is typically its final inspection date, that's when it gets its wings, the actual build date could be the same day or a week or so before that since sometimes they go to storage first. How's it going Mbarber84.
That makes sense! Would account for the discrepancy I’ve seen on some of them. Thanks for the info’ (I’m alive and well, busy as usual but what else is new? Good to hear from you and thanks for the info!)

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
That makes sense! Would account for the discrepancy I’ve seen on some of them. Thanks for the info’ (I’m alive and well, busy as usual but what else is new? Good to hear from you and thanks for the info!)
All good, just waiting to see how far the strike goes!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Not sure, possibly the shift? We don't make anything where I am at so I should be ok, we just spend it!

calvin

Reaction score
I'm wondering how long others have waited for their repairs? What has Ram done to remedy the situation? I am growing increasingly impatient. They have offered me $40 a day rental reimbursement and given me no estimated dates for a completed repair. Very frustrated here

Users who are viewing this thread