Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
They informed me last week that repairs were complete on my transmission. Now we are working on how to get the truck back home. I'm looking forward to having it back, but I'm concerned as to whether I can trust it or not. It seems like most have had decent luck after the repairs were completed, so I'll try to remain positive. I've made 3 payments without having the truck in my possession, so I'm a little sour about the situation. I'll update when I have my truck back. They say there cant be any reimbursement for anything until I have received the truck and the case is closed.
When you get the truck back could you send me the trucks date of manufacture and the date the truck was repaired? Thanks!

Crusher657

Reaction score
Got the truck back today after about 2 weeks at the dealer and all seems to be working again. The transmission was repaired with the parts in the TSB fix. Fingers crossed things continue to work properly.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the truck back today after about 2 weeks at the dealer and all seems to be working again. The transmission was repaired with the parts in the TSB fix. Fingers crossed things continue to work properly.
Great news. Can you give me the date it was completed for the spreadsheet?

Crusher657

Reaction score
Does anyone have a number for anyone other than RAM customer care that could help with reimbursement for towing??? The case manager that was assigned to my claim is now denying my reimbursement because I was rude to her after she kept asking for more and more unnecessary documents on top of the ones I already sent that were needed.

XPS

Reaction score
Well it was only a mater of time I just received this from dealer it's a recall now
Curious what the build date of your truck and transmission was. Do you have that info? It would be interesting to see what date ranges receive this letter.

Edit. Nevermind, I see your post from the earlier pages of a September 2022 build on your truck.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it was only a mater of time I just received this from dealer it's a recall now

That’s not very many trucks that are effected, I wonder how they narrowed it down.

Looking at the serial numbers that’s only a small fraction of the trucks built.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s not very many trucks that are effected, I wonder how they narrowed it down.

I’d really like to know how many Aisin trucks are produced per year.

Not a huge number, but still significant. Especially for those who depend on it but can’t rely on it.

I’m really thankful they’re taking a proactive approach finally. I’m sure it took a while to get the data together to be able to pinpoint which trucks are at risk. I would expect that data to ultimately start at Aisin. It’s such a small part that it would be interesting to exactly how they did track it down.

Or are they “guessing” ? Time will tell. It’ll be pretty easy to figure out if trucks not pinpointed by the CSN continue to fail.

tyler2you

Reaction score

Where are you seeing serial numbers? I must be missing it . . .

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing serial numbers? I must be missing it . . .

They aren’t in the recall document, but it you look at the spreadsheet in this thread it appears there are thousands built each month. That’s what I am referring to.

tyler2you

Reaction score
They aren’t in the recall document, but it you look at the spreadsheet in this thread it appears there are thousands built each month. That’s what I am referring to.
Gotcha, when you said you wondered how they narrowed it down, I assumed there must be numbers somewhere.

Reading the CSN, it doesn't appear they narrowed it down at all and are going to replace the K1 Snap Ring on every 2022 3500 with the Aisin.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha, when you said you wondered how they narrowed it down, I assumed there must be numbers somewhere.

Reading the CSN, it doesn't appear they narrowed it down at all and are going to replace the K1 Snap Ring on every 2022 3500 with the Aisin.
They have to have narrowed it down, I don’t see how it’s possible that only 5,440 Aisin trucks were built between HO’s and C&C’s.

tyler2you

Reaction score
They have to have narrowed it down, I don’t see how it’s possible that only 5,440 Aisin trucks were built between HO’s and C&C’s.
Duh, now I see it. I wonder why they wouldn't go ahead and list the affected VINs in the CSN?

joace

Reaction score
what I understand from CSN is that they may not really care about VIN now, for any HO & CC Aisin truck built during that timeframe will be covered by CSN. They may already weighed out the total cost (part & labor) on all these 5440 trucks may still less than the process cost to pin out exact VIN list. And if they don't take any action on sold trucks, just let some to fail on the road, the repair, reimbursement cost may still keep increasing and eventually more than current CSN would cost.

downsc123

Reaction score
Called my dealer and looked under the DealerConnect page and this recall was not applicable to my truck - oh well. My build date is April 2022

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Called my dealer and looked under the DealerConnect page and this recall was not applicable to my truck - oh well. My build date is April 2022

I would take not being on the recall as a good thing. I have a may build with a 2D transmission, so I’m hopeful I’m not included as well.

Users who are viewing this thread