Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Rear Seat Function

jlsalani

Reaction score
Brand new to this forum, my 2500 is on its way. Had a 1500 for the last 8 years and 171,000 miles. Question on the rear seat. I saw on the Ram website that the rear seat backs fold down?, but can't see if it is trim dependent or cab dependent. The site just shows it all and I have note been able to find anything on the internet? Any input for the current 2022 owners? I have a Laramie coming.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Brand new to this forum, my 2500 is on its way. Had a 1500 for the last 8 years and 171,000 miles. Question on the rear seat. I saw on the Ram website that the rear seat backs fold down?, but can't see if it is trim dependent or cab dependent. The site just shows it all and I have note been able to find anything on the internet? Any input for the current 2022 owners? I have a Laramie coming.
Only the mega cab seats fold down but there is a mod to make the crew cabs do it too

P.A.

Reaction score
We have a 22 2500 Big Horn and ours fold down. Use them like this all the time.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Got a picture of them and of the latches/ release to fold the backs of them down?

jlsalani

Reaction score
So P.A... to be clear, you can fold down the rear seat back to a flat load floor?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it doesn't fold flat. it does fold forward enough to use the open area behind it to use it as storage.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Sounds about the same as the back seat mod. Folds forward enough to stash some things behind the seat. Then the seat goes back in place. You still have the under seat storage.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
I have a 22 laramie. the seats fold up and there is the fold flat floor panel system that unfolds to create a flat floor. they fold up over the storage bin on the driver side and the sub on the passenger side.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Sounds about the same as the back seat mod. Folds forward enough to stash some things behind the seat. Then the seat goes back in place. You still have the under seat storage.
I know you modified yours by cutting some off the latch, but I wonder if a spacer under the seat mounts would accomplish the same thing?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I know you modified yours by cutting some off the latch, but I wonder if a spacer under the seat mounts would accomplish the same thing?
Yes, spacers or even a big stack of washers allow it to fold as well. I tested that route before cutting mine, but due to the way the metal bracket tapers, the seat back rattled quite a bit whenever there wasn't someone sitting back there.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
The big issue is that the back slides up some when raising the lower seat section.
So you cut off just enough of the hook so that it clears as the bottom cushion is raised about half way. But not too much so that it does not hook and rattles.
I posted pictures and what I did for mine to just clear.
Spacers should work, but then the back is not fully seated on the hook when the bottom is fully down, or up.

K5KTF

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 2500 Lone Star quad cab last week.
The seats work identical to my 2017 Lone Star quad cab, the bottoms fold up and you have the flat boards with plastic flip out legs that then fold forward towards the fron seats to give a flat surface.

JBuss22

Reaction score
I read that there are pictures of the back seat mod but I can’t seem to find them. Can you please repost them or DM them to me?
Sounds about the same as the back seat mod. Folds forward enough to stash some things behind the seat. Then the seat goes back in place. You still have the under seat storage

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I read that there are pictures of the back seat mod but I can’t seem to find them. Can you please repost them or DM them to me?
Page 3 post #60 on his build thread….

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Ok, my back seat mod works great until I take it off road and the heavy bouncing will pop only one of them sometimes. It was the first one i did out of all the cuts and i think i cut the platic a little short on that one. Any ideas besides wrapping it in tape and praying. Wont pop at all if someone is sitting in the seat only empty

Users who are viewing this thread