Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Big Horn Truck Bed Holes

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
A is 7pin trailer plug hole, b is the switch for the bed lights cdc is for the for mentioned lights. B is for your imagination to run wild

MarkCO1

Reaction score
A is 7pin trailer plug hole, b is the switch for the bed lights cdc is for the for mentioned lights. B is for your imagination to run wild
Thanks. I better leave A alone as I will eventually have a 5th wheel.

wrvond

Reaction score
B is the switch for the bed lights.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 134755.jpg

I suspect 'E' may have something to do with the manufacturing process and have no function at all. I've got that empty hole on the driver and passenger side, and at the front, there are corresponding holes as well, but they are both plugged with bed liner over the plugs.

Last edited:

scrmblr2

Reaction score
I’m thinking B might be a possible correction location for on board air for me. Easy access, protected, but far from front tires on truck.

Go go gadget search function to find more.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but does anyone know where to get the factory 7way/12pin for the bedside that comes with the factory tow prep? I’ve looked all over and can’t find it or haven’t found the magical name Ram has it labeled in the parts catalog.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

A is the in-bed power. B is the bed LED switch.

7-pin trailer/12-pin camera is to the left of that as shown in wrvond pic.

whitexc

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but does anyone know where to get the factory 7way/12pin for the bedside that comes with the factory tow prep? I’ve looked all over and can’t find it or haven’t found the magical name Ram has it labeled in the parts catalog.

When I did the puck install and added the 7 way I bought a Curt plug and play. It came with a 90 degree plug for the limited space in the bed/rear quarter. It runs down and piggybacks into the bumper plug. Works great.

Sent from me

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Amazon. Or any trailer accessories whop will have it and would install it too and will be cheaper than ordering OEM

dieselscout80

Reaction score
When I did the puck install and added the 7 way I bought a Curt plug and play. It came with a 90 degree plug for the limited space in the bed/rear quarter. It runs down and piggybacks into the bumper plug. Works great.

Sent from me
I used the Curt plug when I put one in my Rambox.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Anyone have the Curt part numbers or link? I am going to need that eventually as well.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Well not sure how to efficiently tag everyone but I already have a 7way to run like I had on my ‘21, got it from Etrailer. I was just curious if the factory plugs/plate was available anywhere, I don’t have any use for the 12 pin at the moment but wouldn’t mind prepping the bed connection while I’m doing all this work (on the bumper I’ve got the 7way and 12 pin, no 4way).

Users who are viewing this thread