Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 68rfe failure p2701 code

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Talked to the dealer last night and it sounds like they have the new transmission in hand but still haven't received any updates on the transmission cooler so they are in a holding pattern. I've given that info to ramcares (not expecting them to be that helpful) and will be calling FCA corporate parts service as well to try and see if i can help push at the request of the dealer. Since posting up this thread, I've seen quite a few '22 2500's have my same snap ring failure or a snap ring failure of some sort in a forum on FB so it may be a bigger issue like the Aisin but who knows. Covid could've created a bad parts run on these snap rings. Hoping this headache comes to an end shortly.

CforHD

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your tranny. Mine went out last year (Thread).

Unless things have changed, RAM Customer Care will reimburse your rental OR your loan payments. I've seen others suggest opting to Lemon Law (check your state for details) it and doing a "Cash and Keep". You have to sign an NDA but its a significant amount as I understand it. Good luck!

Redfour5

Reaction score
Just based on what I know of 68RFE's, On a stock truck that's likely a valvebody issue (2C accumulator spring failure) or there could be an issue with the 2C piston return spring not returning the piston when 2C is not being applied (there is a snap ring that retains that spring). If it was a built tranny some of those codes can occur due to a rapid clutch apply from better hydraulics/increased line pressure.

Basically the truck is complaining that the CVI is too low and 2C is applying faster than anticipated.
Engineer or highly skilled mechanic alert!

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your tranny. Mine went out last year (Thread).

Unless things have changed, RAM Customer Care will reimburse your rental OR your loan payments. I've seen others suggest opting to Lemon Law (check your state for details) it and doing a "Cash and Keep". You have to sign an NDA but its a significant amount as I understand it. Good luck!
You are correct. I spoke with my case manager last week and she informed of the same this or that information for rental cost or loan payment. I'm supposed to be getting an update from them today with dollar figures for both options. Hopefully this is just a speed bump and does not create further problems down the road but I have no interest in pursuing lemon law at this point as long as this issue doesn't reoccur. I'll take a look at your thread as well!

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Engineer or highly skilled mechanic alert!

Been turning my own wrenches since I was 14, but professionally have worked in some sort of IT engineering field since I dropped out of college at 19 while working for Microsoft. I've just always been a proponent of knowing as much as you can about any piece of equipment you own so you can work it on yourself or at-least keep other people honest about the work they're doing for you.

That said if I won one of them billion dollar lotto jackpots I'd be building me a huge shop with all the tools/equipment I'd need to build fun toys for on and off the pavement. Doing that has always been more fun for me than what I do professionally, but what I do professionally pays the bills a lot better than turning wrenches with a lot less stress on my jacked up spine.

Users who are viewing this thread