Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

bazinga99

Reaction score

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I called the dealer yesterday and mine was in Fife, WA... about 15 miles from Auburn. Problem is it has to go to Kent WA where a truck will pick it up from the rail yard and bring it back down to Auburn to Bud Clary. Then PDI... He told me Im still 2-6 days out. We ordered on the same day.

Just as info, the guy i talked to couldn't find mine either originally. He called me back in a few minutes.. said he found it and gave me the info above.
Thanks for the heads up - just called and my truck arrived to the dealer last night. Will call when Philip returns to coordinate picking up next Friday!

Jeffintexas

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get the air suspension with the Hemi engine? The Ram builder doesn't allow it. Just wanted to verify. Thanks.

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get the air suspension with the Hemi engine? The Ram builder doesn't allow it. Just wanted to verify. Thanks.
I have my limited mega cab with the Hemi and air suspension. Mind you I’ve been waiting like 17 weeks and counting for it lol

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score

Just make sure you don’t have Offroad package selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akbison

Reaction score
Had a talk with a salesmen at Bud Clary today. According to him, Bud Clary will no longer be doing internet forum pricing. Those are his words not mine. I have been trying to get an order done with Phillip since early May and it has been a head ache as he has been having one of his sales guy work with me since he is over run with orders. This probably explains why it hasn't been a smooth process.

This isn't a dig on Phillip as most that have worked with him on here have had a great experience. However it sounds like the dealership is pulling back for now on their aggressive pricing. If somebody talks to Phillip directly and can either correct this or confirm, it would be appreciated.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I called the dealer yesterday and mine was in Fife, WA... about 15 miles from Auburn. Problem is it has to go to Kent WA where a truck will pick it up from the rail yard and bring it back down to Auburn to Bud Clary. Then PDI... He told me Im still 2-6 days out. We ordered on the same day.

Just as info, the guy i talked to couldn't find mine either originally. He called me back in a few minutes.. said he found it and gave me the info above.

Well, just got a text from one of Phillip's guys, the truck is now at the Kent yard. Said it would be trucked over to the dealer within the next couple days. Excited!

pkane

Mall Terrain truck owners founding member
Reaction score
I ordered the HEMI with rear air suspension.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Had a talk with a salesmen at Bud Clary today. According to him, Bud Clary will no longer be doing internet forum pricing. Those are his words not mine. I have been trying to get an order done with Phillip since early May and it has been a head ache as he has been having one of his sales guy work with me since he is over run with orders. This probably explains why it hasn't been a smooth process.

This isn't a dig on Phillip as most that have worked with him on here have had a great experience. However it sounds like the dealership is pulling back for now on their aggressive pricing. If somebody talks to Phillip directly and can either correct this or confirm, it would be appreciated.

I talked to my sales man and parts guy yesterday when visiting the dealership local to me.
Salesman said my order was good. But they are marking things up over MSRP now.
Parts guy said he talked to the owner the other day. Owner said used cars/trucks were ok, but they had to get permission from him directly to cut any deals at MSRP or under. And they have been in business over 40 years.
Parts guy said they are low on new inventory, down from a typical 500 to just 100. No new vehicles combing in, so no one is trading in used stuff. So they have minimal inventory. That's why online places are giving such high offers on people selling cars like us on here.

It's the old supply and demand. High demand with low supply drives the prices up. He was a bit surprised about the Ford issue. Guess Ram is doing a better job at allocating their chips for builds.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

I have no inside info, but this is likely more to do with the fact that he cannot order any 2021s any longer and pricing for 2022's has not been released.

I wouldn't offer discounts on product with which i dont know my cost on either.

mcarey

Reaction score

Well, that sucks.

There is a dealer in Idaho that is supposed to be pretty aggressive with their pricing, as well as a guy in Louisiana. Not sure how set you were with Washington, but if you're willing to travel elsewhere, those two people may be worth looking at.

You can find contact info here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

I know Aaron in Louisiana is on the front page. The person in Idaho, you may have to read through a few of the more recent postings in the thread, as they were definitely mentioned somewhat recently. It's a woman if I remember correctly.

That's a pretty active community on that site as well. Couldn't hurt to post there and see if anyone else is getting similar action as you are. I know SilentBob is the OG pointman with Phillip and the forums, so maybe he has some insight as well.

You also may just be in limbo right now, as no one knows pricing for 22 MY, so it's kind of hard to give someone a price ya know?

tuckjack

Reaction score
Seems giving a % off invoice should be the same regardless of where invoice lands. They’re giving the same discount from base Tradesman to top of the line Limiteds.

Toledoram

Reaction score
Good bye 2007, Hello 2021
Snapchat-1163801887.jpg
Order 3/15
3/17 - dealer let me know what the vin number was

3/22 - ram chat - the Ram is in pre-production stage which means it's waiting for parts to be available so that I can move into the build process at this time though we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin

3/24 - email from Dealer - looks like your Ram is scheduled to be built around April 23rd (D1)

4/1 - email from Dealer - Said my build date is April 21. (2 days earlier than reported)

4/10 - email from RAM (dealership copied) let me know that my truck will be delivered around May 20th (to the dealership)

4/19 - email from Dealer - Shows your truck is in paint status. Hopefully it will get released this week for shipping

4/19 - ram chat - currently in the paint stage, check back later in the week for an update

4/20 - cryptostickers let me know the build sheet was ready. ram chat - told me in jb/kzp status (The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.) Said it could be in this status for a week

4/26 - email from Dealer - The truck is all finished and been releases for transport. This is the long part. Not sure when it will arrive here.

4/26 - cryptostickers.... window sticker is here!

4/27 - email from Dealer - I see an estimate it will get to the Toledo rail yard the 16th of May. Then it will depend on how fast they get to us from there.

4/28 - ram chat - I am showing the order is built and the delivery date would be 05/11/2021 - 05/25/2021

5/10 - email from Dealer - Your truck hopefully will be here in about 10-14 days.

5/15 - email from Dealer - looks like your Ram will be in Indiana early next week. Then hopefully Toledo soon after and delivered here the week of the 24th, before Memorial Day.

5/20 - email from Dealer - Your Ram is here!

9 weeks and 3 days from order. Also the exact date Ram emailed me on 4/10. Gave me a 8-10 week delivery time.

IMG_7108.jpg
0520212045.jpg

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Well, that sucks.

There is a dealer in Idaho that is supposed to be pretty aggressive with their pricing, as well as a guy in Louisiana. Not sure how set you were with Washington, but if you're willing to travel elsewhere, those two people may be worth looking at.

You can find contact info here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

I know Aaron in Louisiana is on the front page. The person in Idaho, you may have to read through a few of the more recent postings in the thread, as they were definitely mentioned somewhat recently. It's a woman if I remember correctly.

That's a pretty active community on that site as well. Couldn't hurt to post there and see if anyone else is getting similar action as you are. I know SilentBob is the OG pointman with Phillip and the forums, so maybe he has some insight as well.

You also may just be in limbo right now, as no one knows pricing for 22 MY, so it's kind of hard to give someone a price ya know?
I can somewhat vouch for Bud Clary. Sent them an email the week before Phillip went on vacation. Called them the following Monday to see if I could put an order in. Nothing. Sent a follow up email a week later, Phillip responded that he was out and would follow up when he returns. Nothing since. Aaron’s team at Mark Dodge responded quickly. Also have an email chain with Stone’s Country in Idaho. They’re just waiting for final options on the 2022s.

mcarey

Reaction score
I can somewhat vouch for Bud Clary. Sent them an email the week before Phillip went on vacation. Called them the following Monday to see if I could put an order in. Nothing. Sent a follow up email a week later, Phillip responded that he was out and would follow up when he returns. Nothing since. Aaron’s team at Mark Dodge responded quickly. Also have an email chain with Stone’s Country in Idaho. They’re just waiting for final options on the 2022s.
I was there Tuesday picking up my truck. He's definitely back. His phone seemingly rings nonstop.

I'm surprised they'd stop the sales. Heard last month was their best month very long time. Something north of 200 vehicles.

tuckjack

Reaction score
Well here’s another quick one. Was able to pull up my build sheet this morning! Just under three weeks since placing order.

75th Anniversary Power Wagon with Safety, Towing Tech, Dual Alternators, VSIM, and LED bed lighting

4/30 - Order placed, VON issued
5/3 - Received VIN from dealer
5/15 - RamChat stated truck in framing
5/19 - Build sheet available this morning
5/22 - Window sticker issued

Users who are viewing this thread