Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

carmike

Reaction score
I'm confused, never took any business classes, never bought a new vehicle either. So - the invoice price (FWP) is what the dealer pays fca for the truck. However, the dealer holds back (keeps) $xxx amount of the price they paid fca. Therefore if you were to pay "true" invoice you should pay (invoice - hold back). Is that correct?
Is the hold back the dealer profit?
And where does the "total price" come from?
Yes, Holdback is Dealer profit. In these times it will be very hard to get a dealer to go below invoice and give up that holdback due to the inventory shortage's. when I bought my truck i paid 1500 below invoice which means they gave up 1500 of there profit. And btw, EP is employee pricing.

JSpence81

Reaction score
I'm confused, never took any business classes, never bought a new vehicle either. So - the invoice price (FWP) is what the dealer pays fca for the truck. However, the dealer holds back (keeps) $xxx amount of the price they paid fca. Therefore if you were to pay "true" invoice you should pay (invoice - hold back). Is that correct?
Is the hold back the dealer profit?
And where does the "total price" come from?
That is their built in profit on that vehicle. The dealership also makes money from FCA on the number of vehicles they sell.
Even when they sell under invoice - HB they are still making money.

Dart

Reaction score
Yes, Holdback is Dealer profit. In these times it will be very hard to get a dealer to go below invoice and give up that holdback due to the inventory shortage's. when I bought my truck i paid 1500 below invoice which means they gave up 1500 of there profit. And btw, EP is employee pricing.
Thank you guys, very helpful. I just emailed the dealer requesting the full POC.

Anyone have luck getting dealer to take off the Firestone Transforces and put on a better A/T tire? Did you have to pay the difference in price between the two brands or did they simply refuse to do it?

Canadia

Reaction score
So I finally got an update from my dealer. Ordered 11 Feb, VIN in March some time, and as of today, "delivery is 1-2 months from now". I've been invested for this long so I'm not backing out, but wow.

carmike

Reaction score
Thank you guys, very helpful. I just emailed the dealer requesting the full POC.

Anyone have luck getting dealer to take off the Firestone Transforces and put on a better A/T tire? Did you have to pay the difference in price between the two brands or did they simply refuse to do it?
They wont do it for free but they will usually give you a credit for the ones they take off. I will be changing mine to cooper's, never liked the firestones.

mcarey

Reaction score
By chance, anyone here have any experience doing this with Bud Clary?

carmike

Reaction score
So I was finally able to get to my Dealer and check out my truck and drive it. Very impressed!! Everything I ordered was on it. Just sold my 2014 reg cab long bed SLT 4wd diesel only had 27,000 miles on it. Dealer offered $26,000 in trade when I ordered my 2021. He increased it to $28,500 yesterday so I laughed, He asked what I was laughing about so I told him I turned down $35,000 then sold it on my own for $37,500. Trade's are worth alot more now then they were 2 or 3 months ago. If you are trading in make sure to have them re-value them. Shortage of new Vehicles has dramatically increased trade values!!

just James

Reaction score
By chance, anyone here have any experience doing this with Bud Clary?
I am buying a complete take off set from them (tires and wheels), so I will have a winter set, and a summer set. I know that is not exactly what you were asking, but evidently they do some tire deals.

Ramit530

Reaction score
Can't answer to the question of Bud Clary, but I know my dealership is providing me credit for my take-off and installing my Michelins at no cost .

b307a1

Reaction score

I would say it depends on the dealership. I have run that idea across two dealers and they wanted no part of those tires. One of them said it's because they can't sell them as new.

Last edited:

BigOlMega

Reaction score
Anyone order from Dave Smith's in Idaho and not get anything but a receipt for the deposit? (No Purchase order number)

Dart

Reaction score
Can't answer to the question of Bud Clary, but I know my dealership is providing me credit for my take-off and installing my Michelins at no cost .
So you purchased and supplied the Michelins to the dealership to be put on?

Dart

Reaction score
Thanks good idea. it sounds as if I probably won't have much to bargain with other than tires, extended warranty and my sparkling personality, when the truck gets here hopefully in 2-3 weeks. Other ideas?

Ramit530

Reaction score

Birton

Reaction score
Took delivery of my 2021 RAM 3500 Limited yesterday.

Summary:
Order to delivery 10weeks, 3days.
Best car buying experience in 45years.
Excellent sales person, with me all the way.
Pricing: Truecar Pricing

Disappointment:
Just one, FCA did not provide online order tracking.

Dealer Info:
Autonation Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Roseville California
200 Automall Dr
Roseville, CA 95661-3001

Sales Contact: Lynn Graffunder (Highly recommend calling her.)
Phone: (916) 774-7868

Attachments

• 2021 RAM 3500 Limited DAY 1.jpg
    2021 RAM 3500 Limited DAY 1.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 47

boatdude1

Reaction score
Just an update:
Ordered: 02-09-21
Build sheet: 04-03-21
Window sticker: 04-06-21
Arrived at dealer: 04-22-21

2021 3500 SRW, H.O., CCLB, Tradesman with a few options.

Users who are viewing this thread