Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

ladeefrickenda

Reaction score
I ordered 2/23, dealer was very upfront and said figure at least 20 weeks. Last week truck still had no status change on the build (have VIN and VON, with 5/2 line date) and his fingers were crossed for an early July delivery to him.
I ordered same day and mine arrived at the rail yard Monday. I'm not 100% sure but I get the impression it is in the same city as the dealer (Spokane). Anyway, they said they have had a hard time getting the trucks unloaded and on a transport. Several trucks have been sitting there for a while. I'm hoping I get lucky and a transport comes in and gets those trucks and mine.

Baeronb

Reaction score
If I was in Canada I think I would have a hard time waiting so long and I would consider buying off of the lot instead. Even just 10 weeks or so is nerve wracking enough.

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
If I was in Canada I think I would have a hard time waiting so long and I would consider buying off of the lot instead.
Not as easy as you might think, VERY few 2021 or 2020 models on the lots anywhere and the prices have been jacked up like crazy. I tried going with a 2020 in December but unfortunately they all had the Cummins engine which meant I'd have to go to the 3500 to get the payload I need and they were scarce :( 14 weeks in and I am still at D status o_O I am slowly going crazy lol

bdgibson78

Reaction score
Not as easy as you might think, VERY few 2021 or 2020 models on the lots anywhere and the prices have been jacked up like crazy. I tried going with a 2020 in December but unfortunately they all had the Cummins engine which meant I'd have to go to the 3500 to get the payload I need and they were scarce :( 14 weeks in and I am still at D status o_O I am slowly going crazy lol
Wow, you're more patient than me! I've only been waiting 8 weeks (Alberta here) and I've already gone crazy lol. I'm also in D status - 6.4L hemi 2500 Bighorn, Level B, Premium Lighting, 5th Prep, Spray in Liner, Hydro Blue

PWHerman

Reaction score
Just an update with my order. Earlier this month, Ram said ship date was estimated to be 05/02. Well, it's still in D1 status so I reached out to the Dealer to see if there was any update and he said they moved the ship date to 04/29. I can't believe it will be built and finished at the add-on vender in a weeks time. I hope I'm wrong, but just not sure why they would double down and even move the date up a few days. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

AZ Sooner

Reaction score
I completely agree. Its sure is frustrating reading about all the US customers getting their trucks quickly, while we wait and wait.... and wait.

The biggest issue I have is the depreciation factor - we wait 6 months for a 2021 model, and by the time we get it, the 2022 model is released so we lose a whole pile more $$$. Total BS.
I placed my order in Dec 23, 2020, I'm in AZ and still haven't received mine. Its built, but waiting for its spot on the rail car. 17 weeks and counting

Cpsram21

Reaction score
My truck has been sitting in Roper Utah since 4/13 waiting to make the 5 hour trip north to Idaho to the dealer. Very frustrating. Of course dealer says they have no control on how quickly the truck gets picked up. Said it could be up to a few weeks from when it lands at the rail yard.
Mine just arrived today at the dealer ! picking it up tomorrow .

CdnHD

Reaction score
Please let me know (and the other Canadians present) if you find a new source of truck status information. My dealer is great, responds to every one of my requests but it seems dealers are not provided with much better info.
TBH, after waiting 29 weeks 1 day for mine, your dealer IS the best source, @RamCares doesn't service the great white north and FCA/Stellantis/Fiat Canada or whatever they are this week, has even less information. Hopefully your dealer is as great as mine was when I was waiting forever. Good luck and believe me when I say this, it is worth the wait. At least mine was!!

RichsRam

Reaction score
Reading your comments I'm sold on a ceramic product for paint protection but was also wondering what you all were thinking for underbody and frame rust protection?

whitexc

Reaction score
Fluid film. Best $100/yr one can spend. Ask my 2nd gen that fetched some nice coin.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
TBH, after waiting 29 weeks 1 day for mine, your dealer IS the best source, @RamCares doesn't service the great white north and FCA/Stellantis/Fiat Canada or whatever they are this week, has even less information. Hopefully your dealer is as great as mine was when I was waiting forever. Good luck and believe me when I say this, it is worth the wait. At least mine was!!
Honestly this is what I was afraid of. The guy that sold me my truck was laid off and I had a few updates from the Sales Manager but for the past month it has been absolute crickets. No responses from anyone at the dealership at all now and all I am trying to get is an update on my status before I make the decision to book a short term rental lease (around 4-5k per month). So frustrated at this point I wish I could switch dealerships

Ramit530

Reaction score
Ordered 2.8.2021 and yesterday it was moving through Missouri heading my way.. Having the new tires sent to dealership to be installed prior to delivery, ( dealer giving me credit for the Firestones that come on these trucks, personally I cant stand the Firestones) then right to the Ceramic & Tint Guy...

Ickabod

Reaction score
Honestly this is what I was afraid of. The guy that sold me my truck was laid off and I had a few updates from the Sales Manager but for the past month it has been absolute crickets. No responses from anyone at the dealership at all now and all I am trying to get is an update on my status before I make the decision to book a short term rental lease (around 4-5k per month). So frustrated at this point I wish I could switch dealerships
Sometimes, you just have to call and speak with a sales manager. A lot of times they seem to ignore emails.

mcarey

Reaction score
Talked to the dealer yesterday, 4/16. Said I'm currently in D1, with an estimated ship date of 4/30 in the system. He did say that "they haven't been super accurate" though.
Got an update late last night (4/22). Still in D1, not built yet, ship date moved up to 4/26. I have next to no faith in the truck actually being shipped by that date, but I suppose I've also seen crazier things. Gonna keep the fingers crossed.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
My dealer texted me late last night with an update.. my ship date moved up a day from 5/4 to 5/3 so thats encouraging. He said it is usually 2-3 weeks shipping after the truck has shipped.

Theoretically, early June for me if everything keeps on the way it's been. I ordered on 3/31.

mcarey

Reaction score
My dealer texted me late last night with an update.. my ship date moved up a day from 5/4 to 5/3 so thats encouraging. He said it is usually 2-3 weeks shipping after the truck has shipped.

Theoretically, early June for me if everything keeps on the way it's been. I ordered on 3/31.
We used the same dealer. Hopefully that's a good sign that our dates are both moving as well.

CdnHD

Reaction score
Unfortunately not only our hands are tied, but so are the dealerships. We are at the mercy of FCA and the trucking industry.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
We used the same dealer. Hopefully that's a good sign that our dates are both moving as well.

I havent asked him yet, but im getting the feeling he does A TON of special orders and as such his trucks appear to move along nicely.

mcarey

Reaction score
I havent asked him yet, but im getting the feeling he does A TON of special orders and as such his trucks appear to move along nicely.
He definitely does. I'd go as far as saying that's all he does, really. In the time between when we first started talking, till we put my order in, he went from having never ordered a 75th PW in Anvil, to having 4 to put in. I ended up changing my color choice to olive green partially because of it.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
He definitely does. I'd go as far as saying that's all he does, really. In the time between when we first started talking, till we put my order in, he went from having never ordered a 75th PW in Anvil, to having 4 to put in. I ended up changing my color choice to olive green partially because of it.

That's crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread