Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Ickabod

Reaction score

Will_T

Reaction score
Seems to be available now...
https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Ram...jAqJwlnf3vKKUhg5YXkH1dcJ_14_BJvkaAktQEALw_wcB

I am sure there are more parts to buy than just the module, but it will be worth it in the long run. I LOVE this functionality on my 1500.

That's good. You would hope that Ram would only leave off the module with the chip and that the new trucks would be built with all the needed parts installed except for the the part containing the chip. But if that was the case, you would also think Ram would have included something in their statement to the effect of: "Once the current chip shortage is resolved, Ram will have available the module to implement blind spot monitoring".

I think this is a case of Ram announcing something that has a big impact on some customers. But then making that announcement very short on the details those customers would immediately want to know.

DougB

Reaction score
That's good. You would hope that Ram would only leave off the module with the chip and that the new trucks would be built with all the needed parts installed except for the the part containing the chip. But if that was the case, you would also think Ram would have included something in their statement to the effect of: "Once the current chip shortage is resolved, Ram will have available the module to implement blind spot monitoring".

I think this is a case of Ram announcing something that has a big impact on some customers. But then making that announcement very short on the details those customers would immediately want to know.
My sense is they remove everything needed for the option as if it was not ordered. It probably will be a lot more than $270 the article quoted to add it back later.

Ahem.... @RamCares It would be a smart PR move to offer packaged kits later to make it simple to add these unavailable options vs owners/forums having to play detective and put together the parts one by one and all at full retail prices.

Will_T

Reaction score
It probably will be a lot more than $270 the article quoted to add it back later.
That is another puzzling part of this. On a truck like I ordered $270.00 to significantly reduce the capability of the Safety, Towing, and Laramie packages, (packages totaling several thousands of dollars). Either that is absurd, and insulting, or they are really leaving only the chip off and everything else intact.

We really need to hopefully get assurance that existing orders will not have this deleted. Going forward people can make their decisions based on accurate information as to what is available. Myself, I seriously evaluated all three big truck makers and decided on RAM. If Ram did not have blind spot, rear cross traffic detection, and trailer merge, I would have made an informed decision to go with one of the other brands. I really hope I do not need to do that at this point, many weeks after starting this process!

Artemis

Reaction score
Finally arrived! 9-24-20 order, SL date originally 12-03 then pushed back to 0112-3- still not sure what the change meant, but glad I waited for it now. Delmonico, CTD, air suspension, TTPMS, Limited Level 1, anti spin, bedstep. lovely wife has been a good sport through all my whining about the delays...View attachment 11679View attachment 11680
Nice looking truck! I see you have the Ram boxes also. I'm working on creating dividers and covers to go in mine this week

Mark H

Reaction score
Has anyone had their build sheet modified to delete blind spot detection yet? Wondering if mine made the cut before they removed it. Was looking forward to having the feature.
I am in the build process before ordering and just had a call from the dealer that was building my truck, they were told earlier this week not to expect any trucks being built to have blind spot detection. Thats a deal breaker for me, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pizzaguy

Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie on 1/21 and have not heard from the dealer since. If my truck comes without the blind spot monitor or lane keeping assist the dealer will be keeping my truck. I am going from a 2017 Ford F350 Dually Lariat that is fully loaded to a Ram 2500 Hemi because I have a seasonal site for my camper and rarely pull anymore, but a dually isn't worth a darn in the snow and sits 5 months out of the year. I'll buy another Ford SRW if I can't get the Ram with options I ordered.

lowfidelity

Reaction score
@RamCares - What's the plan here? I've seen no formal communications and if this is the case, where you intend on building a truck without all the components I ordered, I intend on cancelling my order this weekend. It's $70k.... if I wanted it half right I would have taken something off the lot.

Will_T

Reaction score
@RamCares - What's the plan here? I've seen no formal communications and if this is the case, where you intend on building a truck without all the components I ordered, I intend on cancelling my order this weekend. It's $70k.... if I wanted it half right I would have taken something off the lot.
Communication is important I agree but until we hear one way or another I am trying not to panic over it. Several dealers have indicated that orders already in will be built with the option but new orders don't have it available. Hopefully that is correct and we will start to get some confirmation soon? And the other thing that has been asked but nobody knows at this point is what will be left off. Will the trucks be built with the ability to add the chipped module later or will they be built without any of the needed components and not be able to be fixed.

Ramit530

Reaction score
I placed an order on 2.8.21 and in conversation with my dealer this is what he shared with me. Dealership inventory as we all see is at a record low. Sold orders are taking precedence over dealer stock from the factory. FCA has a stock pile of these chips, they are being allocated to Sold Orders and High Level Trim takes precedent due to the fact they have all other components for those builds on hand and rather then let that inventory sit on a self, sell to those who order. He also informed me that due to the vehicle shortages, some dealerships were placing Sold Orders using bogus names to build inventory. Well some of the same dealerships got caught doing so and have now been blocked placing Sold Orders. (A Sold Order has a customer name attached, if FCA sees that vehicle sells to someone other than on the build order, they question the dealership and will penalize them, one or two no but repeats yes) That may be why some have been receiving what they felt was a Sold Order to them, but because the dealership has been blocked, they are actually placing a Stock order and hoping for the best. So not necessarily is this a FCA fubar, but some dealerships are playing games and screwing customer builds.

Last edited:

NDanecker

Reaction score
I placed an order on 2.8.21 and in conversation with my dealer this is what he shared with me. Dealership inventory as we all see is at a record low. Sold orders are taking precedence over dealer stock from the factory. FCA has a stock pile of these chips, they are being allocated to Sold Orders and High Level Trim takes precedent due to the fact they have all other components for those builds on hand and rather then let that inventory sit on a self, sell to those who order. He also informed me that due to the vehicle shortages, some dealerships were placing So using bogus names to build inventory. Well some of the same dealerships got caught doing so and have now been blocked placing Sold Orders
Hope the same dealers that rapture clients adding crazy ADM to MSRP on high demand vehicles are the same ones doing the shenanigan's on sold/stock orders so they get blocked from sales. Nice slap on the wrist. :p

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
Is it just speculation regarding the blind spot monitoring not coming equipped? I feel like that’s such a basic feature that comes standard on lots of manufacturers. I can’t see them not using it and just removing it from the order or all together. I would think they would just delay the order until parts arrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mat_HD

Reaction score
Is it just speculation regarding the blind spot monitoring not coming equipped? I feel like that’s such a basic feature that comes standard on lots of manufacturers. I can’t see them not using it and just removing it from the order or all together. I would think they would just delay the order until parts arrive?

My dealer said they haven't heard anything about it, but who knows.

The article that was linked here said that it was affecting Laramie trims and below.

Ramit530

Reaction score

Waiting for the parts to arrive could be 12/24 months from what one can read. These chips are used amongst the majority of manufactors and the plant that manufactures them burnt down.... Volkswagen and others have actually shut down facilities and stopped production on several models due to this.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Waiting for the parts to arrive could be 12/24 months from what one can read. These chips are used amongst the majority of manufactors and the plant that manufactures them burnt down.... Volkswagen and others have actually shut down facilities and stopped production on several models due to this.
Looks like someone needs a lesson on business continuity planning. Never have just one supplier in your supply chain.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I think you will get your VIN middle of next week assuming FCA Canada only submits orders the first week of every other month Dec, Feb, Apr.... I do know based on conversations with my dealer that they order in blocks and not all colours are available in each block.
You were right on. Just got my VIN this morning.

Will_T

Reaction score
I placed an order on 2.8.21 and in conversation with my dealer this is what he shared with me. Dealership inventory as we all see is at a record low. Sold orders are taking precedence over dealer stock from the factory. FCA has a stock pile of these chips, they are being allocated to Sold Orders and High Level Trim takes precedent due to the fact they have all other components for those builds on hand and rather then let that inventory sit on a self, sell to those who order.

Thank you for posting this! Then more people that relay this type of discussion with Ram dealers, the better all of us waiting for our orders to be built can feel. Of course, a dealer can be mistaken, but the more that say the same, the more reliable it probably is.

Dingo

Reaction score
How can a multi-billion dollar company like FCA not have PR prepared to address this? The story breaks and crickets from RAM/FCA. At a minimum, confirm whether the story is true or not and give us some idea when more details will be released. This isn't rocket science.

b307a1

Reaction score
How can a multi-billion dollar company like FCA not have PR prepared to address this? The story breaks and crickets from RAM/FCA. At a minimum, confirm whether the story is true or not and give us some idea when more details will be released. This isn't rocket science.
Because their lawyers are telling them to shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread