Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Onelongshot

Reaction score
My 11/16 order just went into the framing stage today. 8 weeks to the day from the order date. My salesman said it's supposed to ship by the end of the week. 2500 6.4/Mega/Longhorn/Rambox
By 10/30 order is still in the parts bin. LOL

Pronto

Reaction score
By 10/30 order is still in the parts bin. LOL

That sucks watching people who order after you get their truck built before you. My last truck order was really frustrating in that way. I'm relieved it getting built because I was starting to worry that I wouldn't have it by April when I really need it. We'll see about the shipping time though. I factory ordered my wife's Mercedes and it shipped from Germany much faster than what it's taking Ram to get them from Mexico. I could even track its progress across the ocean.

Onelongshot

Reaction score
That sucks watching people who order after you get their truck built before you. My last truck order was really frustrating in that way. I'm relieved it getting built because I was starting to worry that I wouldn't have it by April when I really need it. We'll see about the shipping time though. I factory ordered my wife's Mercedes and it shipped from Germany much faster than what it's taking Ram to get them from Mexico. I could even track its progress across the ocean.
I am hoping that mine starts sometime this week also.

Nevadadrifter

Reaction score
Okay, y’all. I’ve been browsing the forum for a month or two now while configuring my new 21 Power Wagon. Finally pulled the trigger and placed the order with my dealer today. Dealer said 8-12 weeks, but I’m planning on 12-16 weeks, and maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it happens earlier.
I did most of my dealing with the sales manager, but of course I got turfed to my salesman for information about the build process. He’s a super nice guy, but fairly new and has never ordered a truck for someone before.
What do I need to ask for to get the info to follow the build/delivery process and follow my truck until it hits the dealer lot.
The last time
I ordered a vehicle was a my 2001 PT Cruiser (don’t judge) so I’m sure the process has changed a bit. I just want to make sure I am armed with everything I need to follow the build.
Thanks, guys!

CdnHD

Reaction score
What did you order?
Limited 2500 Cummins fully loaded. I do understand that any of the add-ons (spray in liner, steps, etc) will have to go to the third party supplier (on site nonetheless) but to not have even started it is kind of frustrating to say the least (VIN 553069)

Geardrive85

Reaction score
I ordered on 9/4/21 vin#: 500347 and still have not received it. So I don't think they build them in order of the VIN
The truck is supposedly in route and I really hope so because my current truck just sold so I have no wheels until the new truck comes in. All toys are now officially collecting dust while I share the wife's car until the truck arrives.
Your not alone! I’m right there with you. Worst thing is I sold my truck to my neighbor so I have to look at it every day

CdnHD

Reaction score
So after going online with the chat again, they are now telling me they don't have access to my vehicle because its a Canadian order. This is after a previous chat where they had access.. I am beyond frustrated at this point.. My salesman messages me weekly and its still in D status yet there is no one who can even look into it. My frustrations build daily when you spend 100K on a vehicle and no one seems to even know if it exists :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Justice12t

Reaction score
So I just checked on mine tonight 553031 ordered 12/4. Sequenced for build.
3500 HO DRW mega longhorn. My number is very close to CdnHD
Ordered 12/5 and I’m 553263...3500 HO SRW Mega. It will be interesting to see the difference in timing between us.

Last edited:

diode_ee

Reaction score
How is everyone getting an actual shipping code? Ram chat says they don't have that info the last three times I've asked. Is this coming from the dealer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2021 Limited

Reaction score
Just heard from my dealer, my truck was delivered by rail to the Jefferson North Assembly plant this morning at 2:10AM
He expects to be about two weeks to make it from Jefferson North to the Detroit River Yard and finally to him in Walled lake. If true, that will put the order right at 19 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread