Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Onelongshot

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what trim levels were ordered for those that are experiencing the extended build and ship times. For instance, are the tradesman being delayed for build/shipment with the more expensive (and more profitable) limited trim levels being pushed ahead of the line?

Conversely, are those with long wait times ordering the limited line which requires more parts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I ordered a 3500 Laramie SRW HO fully loaded with 8’ bed. Ordered on 10/30 been in D1 status since 11/06.

Jankyl29

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what trim levels were ordered for those that are experiencing the extended build and ship times. For instance, are the tradesman being delayed for build/shipment with the more expensive (and more profitable) limited trim levels being pushed ahead of the line?

Conversely, are those with long wait times ordering the limited line which requires more parts?

I believe the tradesman came first. I've seen a few listed as arriving at dealers, and mine is supposed to be there this month. It seems the higher trims were after the tradesman.

And just a FYI for those losing hope...my truck was on the assembly line on 12/14. On 12/16 it was ready to ship! I did the chat with ram and asked if that was correct, and it was. My truck has 5th wheel prep and spray in liner, and it was ready to ship 2 days after hitting the line, so anything is possible. It doesn't have to take weeks for bed liner.

Basser53

Reaction score
Which orderThat would be the big question.

mine is 529462 and mine is still in the parts bin. So much for building in order. LOL
I said they go down the assembly line in order.. 500001 was the first 21 to be assembled .. doesn't matter engine color or anything.. its the bedliners ,running boards etc.and things they don't put on in the assembly process that hold them up.. u don't believe what I'm saying,, talk to someone who works or worked at an assembly plant..
I got my truck last Fri it was abvious it had been setting somewhere built for a while..

diode_ee

Reaction score
I said they go down the assembly line in order.. 500001 was the first 21 to be assembled .. doesn't matter engine color or anything.. its the bedliners ,running boards etc.and things they don't put on in the assembly process that hold them up.. u don't believe what I'm saying,, talk to someone who works or worked at an assembly plant..
I got my truck last Fri it was abvious it had been setting somewhere built for a while..
I don't doubt that you're correct. My VIN is 530xxx which suggests that 30k '21 trucks have been built this year already? I guess that they really do pump these things out once things start rolling! Very cool considering we're dealing with COVID as well.

I appreciate your perspective and input on this thread. Window sticker has a shipping label date of 12/29.

abillerbeck

Reaction score
30-45 days, wow! that seems absurd!
Agreed, really hoping it doesn't take that long! Seems like some have waited a long time and some have only had to wait a couple of weeks. I think it's just luck.

I don't doubt that you're correct. My VIN is 530xxx which suggests that 30k '21 trucks have been built this year already? I guess that they really do pump these things out once things start rolling! Very cool considering we're dealing with COVID as well.

I appreciate your perspective and input on this thread. Window sticker has a shipping label date of 12/29.

My understanding is that the VIN gets assigned when FCA initially accepts the order, but then it can sit in the early statuses for some time while gathering specific parts for the build which means that other trucks with later VINs could potentially go through the line first if all of their parts are available.

Basser53

Reaction score
Really? They started building them in Sept.. guys I know who came from assembly plant say a new vehicle rolls of the line every min.. do the math..

Onelongshot

Reaction score
If that is the case they are skipping quite a few numbers. Because they are definitely not building them in order of the VIN.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Obvious because it was already rusting, I suppose.

CdnHO

Reaction score
If ordered in September is it a 2020 or 2021? Oops based on the VIN and an earlier post, it must be a 2021 although the order window for 2021 trucks was later than your order date.

Bitedb8

Reaction score
I ordered on 9/4/21 vin#: 500347 and still have not received it. So I don't think they build them in order of the VIN
The truck is supposedly in route and I really hope so because my current truck just sold so I have no wheels until the new truck comes in. All toys are now officially collecting dust while I share the wife's car until the truck arrives.

DestroyerzCT

Reaction score
Congratulations on your order and a very nice Truck! I ordered my truck on 11/3/2020 and received the truck on 1/5/2021, so just over 8 weeks. Hopefully, yours will go fast also!
Art, where you located? I ordered my 2500 6.4l loaded on 12/7, told ETA 2/6. Very skeptical. It's headed to New England...

Pronto

Reaction score
My 11/16 order just went into the framing stage today. 8 weeks to the day from the order date. My salesman said it's supposed to ship by the end of the week. 2500 6.4/Mega/Longhorn/Rambox

Users who are viewing this thread