Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Onelongshot

Reaction score
Talked with ram chat today. Truck is still in D1 at 7 weeks since ordered
I have been in D1 status for 8 weeks. They have escalated it and nothing. Starting to wonder how the factory even schedules these builds. Dealers around me have trucks similar to the one I ordered in transit to their dealerships and mine is still sitting in the parts bin. LOL
Maybe before spring at this point.

Geardrive85

Reaction score
Ordered November 29 haven’t heard anything yet. Also sold my 08 mega cab 3500 a day before ordering my new truck. 21 HO 3500 drw longhorn full options. Told 8/10 weeks but sounds like I should just settle in for the long hall. I’m a rancher so not having a trucks killing me.

Attachments

• F14FDB92-AFD9-4898-9AFE-42537B788B0A.jpeg
    F14FDB92-AFD9-4898-9AFE-42537B788B0A.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 39

mcgyver44

Reaction score
It’s comical to me how I’m being told sold orders are Ram’s #1 priority but I can daily see dealer stock grow via their own website.
No ETA now after three windows that Ram/dealer stated have come and gone.
Frustrated and walking if the truck I specd out is not delivered by Friday.
Still will buy a Ram but now there’s ‘21 on a dealer lot nearby close enough to my specs I’m going abandoned the wait.

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
It’s comical to me how I’m being told sold orders are Ram’s #1 priority but I can daily see dealer stock grow via their own website.
No ETA now after three windows that Ram/dealer stated have come and gone.
Frustrated and walking if the truck I specd out is not delivered by Friday.
Still will buy a Ram but now there’s ‘21 on a dealer lot nearby close enough to my specs I’m going abandoned the wait.
I wonder if that is because dealers place there orders right when they're able. or, maybe when new models come out its mandatory for x amount of trucks to be on their lots? not sure how it all works. We're still in a pandemic so that of course is attributing to it all.

Basser53

Reaction score
Dealer I drive by everyday has 0 hd trucks on his lot.. dealers are screaming for new trucks now.. I was worried my trade in would fall in value while I wait but according to kbb it has gone up 1500$.. I did a 250 mile search for 2500 Laramie and only show a handful that are on dealer lots. Some trucks I see have been in transit for a long time. I'm getting impatient myself but in the end I'll be glad I ordered..

diode_ee

Reaction score
Dealer I drive by everyday has 0 hd trucks on his lot.. dealers are screaming for new trucks now.. I was worried my trade in would fall in value while I wait but according to kbb it has gone up 1500$.. I did a 250 mile search for 2500 Laramie and only show a handful that are on dealer lots. Some trucks I see have been in transit for a long time. I'm getting impatient myself but in the end I'll be glad I ordered..
I agree. Unless I can find another truck matching exactly what I ordered I'm okay with waiting. I'm paying a ton of money for this truck and I'd be kicking myself in the butt a few years from now if I compromised for a truck that didn't have all of the features I wanted.

All of this being said, I've only received one window so far which is still three weeks out. If I'm still posting to this thread in March my statement above may very well change.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

diode_ee

Reaction score
14 days.. it was shipped the 21st got my window sticker the 23rd..
Was your SL date the 21st, then? Trying to see what the correlation us between that date date and actual arrival...if there is any.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Basser53

Reaction score
Yes the 21st.. it was trucked from Illinois somewhere to here.. from my understanding sometimes that's the hold up..

MSbari

Reaction score
Talked to Ram Cares this morning and my truck is on a train as of the 1/4/21. Estimated window is now 1/20-2/3. Hoping for the earlier window as my bonus cash expires 1/24.
VON/VIN on 10/8 currently on the 4th estimated window and at 13 weeks (looking like 16 weeks to delivery I hope).
2021 2500 Laramie Mega Cab, HEMI most options

Fibers

Reaction score
Hello All. First post, but I've been lurking here for a while.

I officially placed an order with my local dealer this morning. It's gonna be a long 2(?) months.

I did ask the sales manager about wait time and he indicated that he just received a truck ordered in September and a truck ordered in November in the same week. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but he said it was more of a transport issue than a build issue and that folks that ordered back in Sept-Oct saw a longer than usual delay. His expectation is 8 weeks. Here's to hoping...

3500 Big Horn CC SB 4x4
Night Edition
Patriot Blue
6.4L Hemi
Tech Package
Level 2 Equipment Group
Wheel to Wheel Steps
Bed Utility
5th Wheel Prep
Bucket Seats

Demo picture from online builder.

1610144677250.png

Artemis

Reaction score

I officially placed an order with my local dealer this morning. It's gonna be a long 2(?) months.

I did ask the sales manager about wait time and he indicated that he just received a truck ordered in September and a truck ordered in November in the same week. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but he said it was more of a transport issue than a build issue and that folks that ordered back in Sept-Oct saw a longer than usual delay. His expectation is 8 weeks. Here's to hoping...

3500 Big Horn CC SB 4x4
Night Edition
Patriot Blue
6.4L Hemi
Tech Package
Level 2 Equipment Group
Wheel to Wheel Steps
Bed Utility
5th Wheel Prep
Bucket Seats

View attachment 10319
Congratulations on your order and a very nice Truck! I ordered my truck on 11/3/2020 and received the truck on 1/5/2021, so just over 8 weeks. Hopefully, yours will go fast also!

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score

3500 Big Horn CC SB 4x4
Night Edition
Patriot Blue
6.4L Hemi
Tech Package
Level 2 Equipment Group
Wheel to Wheel Steps
Bed Utility
5th Wheel Prep
Bucket Seats

View attachment 10319
Congratulations!

Pronto

Reaction score

Next week will be 2 months for me since I ordered and it's still waiting to be built. Hope for the best but don't expect it.

Fibers

Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath. Fortunately I'm in no real hurry. I don't NEED the truck at the moment. But I'll sure be excited when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread