Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

saltman

Reaction score
Do they typically go to storage before or after the up fitting?

Basser53

Reaction score
Ordered 9/29..same thing been out for add ons for over 3 weeks.. I see trucks in transit or on lots with the same things I ordered that were built after mine .. ram chat doesn't give any details of what it is there waiting on..I'm really don't need it but worried they may try and drop my trade in price..

relbus

Reaction score
Tonight I stopped waiting...bought a 2020 Laramie and got more truck than I had ordered for similar money. Very uncharacteristic of me to just go rogue and do this but I just couldn’t pass it up!

21Limted

Reaction score
Tonight I stopped waiting...bought a 2020 Laramie and got more truck than I had ordered for similar money. Very uncharacteristic of me to just go rogue and do this but I just couldn’t pass it up!
Congrats. Did the dealer discount your refund off the new truck, or did you have to forfeit it?

Basser53

Reaction score
I don't blame you, if I could find a 20 with what I want , I'd do the same..seems they really want the 20s off there lots..

ColoMan

Reaction score
On the Donlen Website ...2021 Ram 2500/3500 averaging 12-14 weeks from order to delivery and an additional 3-5 weeks for dealers in Western States

Slider57

Reaction score
I've got a RAMP DATE of 12/28/20.... Salesman called me with it last night. He didn't know what that actually meant, I Got on the ol RAM Chat just now and I asked. They said that's the expected delivery date to the dealership. If that date holds, it will be 12 weeks to the day since I placed the special order.

relbus

Reaction score
Congrats. Did the dealer discount your refund off the new truck, or did you have to forfeit it?
Waiting to hear back to see if they will refund it. However, even if they do not the decision I made allowed me to get more truck, and if that means losing the $500 deposit so be it.

Cheetah

Reaction score
Just some data for those tracking their orders and trying to figure out dates, though my specific situation is pretty messed up.

2021 3500 HO DRW ordered 9/22/2020
Order placed with FCA 10/5/2020 (first date 2021 HO orders accepted)
Build sheet popped up yesterday, 12/16/2020

Now the complicated part: With great dismay, I learned my salesperson just died of COVID. He was awesome, and utterly passionate about RAM trucks; I know he's already missed by his family and colleagues. Somewhat understandably, the dealership has been scrambling to figure out where his customer's orders stand.

There are three errors on the build sheet. Have no idea where the disconnect is between the buyer's order and what got built(!). Even though the build sheet just became available, the dealership says it's already built and in inspection. Presumably it would then be off to the external shops for bed liner and such. This strikes me as awfully fast. I'm rather hoping they're mistaken, as the only solution they're proposing is to start over with a new order.

Darkone

Reaction score
Just some data for those tracking their orders and trying to figure out dates, though my specific situation is pretty messed up.

Now the complicated part: With great dismay, I learned my salesperson just died of COVID. He was awesome, and utterly passionate about RAM trucks; I know he's already missed by his family and colleagues. Somewhat understandably, the dealership has been scrambling to figure out where his customer's orders stand.

There are three errors on the build sheet. Have no idea where the disconnect is between the buyer's order and what got built(!). Even though the build sheet just became available, the dealership says it's already built and in inspection. Presumably it would then be off to the external shops for bed liner and such. This strikes me as awfully fast. I'm rather hoping they're mistaken, as the only solution they're proposing is to start over with a new order.
If the build sheet has populated then the truck is “built” as far as the truck itself excluding add on’s.

pa42

Reaction score

You're going to have to start over bud if you want that corrected. No other way around it bud.

saltman

Reaction score
X2 on what are the errors? Maybe was just a misinterpretation of the order guide and it really is the closest to what you ultimately wanted, they can’t always be had exactly how you want them unless you and the sales person were using the 21 order guide line for line on available equipment/option combos

bobohio

Reaction score
Finally got my window sticker today and was able to pull up the towing capacity, but still no build sheet yet and was told by Ram chat it was in the shipping process....dealer still can't give me a delivery date..ordered 11/2

Jankyl29

Reaction score
This morning spoke to RAM chat asking the status on my 2021 3500 HO CC; then, I spoke to my pet rattlesnake. The snake was more informative. :)
The window sticker for my 2021 3500 HO CC just showed up this morning! So the HO's are finally moving along. Ill call my dealer and ramchat later today and see if there are any expected ship dates...I have bed liner and 5th wheel prep, so we will see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201218-062323_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201218-062323_Drive.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 35

Darkone

Reaction score
Finally got my window sticker today and was able to pull up the towing capacity, but still no build sheet yet and was told by Ram chat it was in the shipping process....dealer still can't give me a delivery date..ordered 11/2
Odd, If you have your window sticker the build sheet should populate. When you put your vin in for the build sheet make sure you are using capital letters, the system is case sensitive.

lgarrison34

Reaction score
The window sticker for my 2021 3500 HO CC just showed up this morning! So the HO's are finally moving along. Ill call my dealer and ramchat later today and see if there are any expected ship dates...I have bed liner and 5th wheel prep, so we will see.

If you have your window sticker, the additional equipment has already been installed. I’ve been waiting on my bed liner and window sticker since 12/7 when my build sheet was populated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jankyl29

Reaction score
Just spoke with Ram Chat, they said its in shipping stages, with no dealer ETA and will remain that way until it ships to the dealer...

Just spoke with the dealer who said "its scheduled to arrive in the USA on 1/18, all we can do is hope it stays on track" ...that was in reference of me asking if he thinks it will arrive before my $1500 bonus expires on 1/23. Cutting it close, but it is what it is.

bobohio

Reaction score
Odd, If you have your window sticker the build sheet should populate. When you put your vin in for the build sheet make sure you are using capital letters, the system is case sensitive.
build sheet showed up about an hour later...so hopefully soon I will get the truck!

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    70.9 KB · Views: 20

saltman

Reaction score
So do you guys believe me now when I said a bunch of the HO trucks would be built this week lol cheers to everyone, I’m 99% sure this was the first week of HO builds for sold ‘21 orders

Users who are viewing this thread