Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

UBo32

Reaction score
Dennis Dillon and Koons has quoted @ 6% below invoice before rebates and incentives on a factory order. A local dealer has matched that, but they want to keep any rebates. Still playing the waiting game...
Awesome info; I'm about 30 minutes or so from Caldwell. I'll give them a call.

brent21limited

Reaction score
What sort of deals are you all getting on orders? Invoice? MSRP? Somewhere in between?

I have an order in for a TRX, but, may cancel and pick up a HD instead. Seeing some good deals on some '20s; but, if ordering is closer to invoice, I may go that route.

Thank you in advance.
I get Employee pricing, which the truck I’m thinking of ordering MSRP @ $88,540 and employee pricing brings it down to $78,4XX range. Ofcourse, no rebates on the 2021 3500 as of yet, but you also get whatever rebates (if any) at time of delivery. I was wondering if anyone was getting below employee pricing on factory orders?? I hoping by the time it would come in (10-12 weeks) there will be rebates of some sort.

UBo32

Reaction score
I get Employee pricing, which the truck I’m thinking of ordering MSRP @ $88,540 and employee pricing brings it down to $78,4XX range. Ofcourse, no rebates on the 2021 3500 as of yet, but you also get whatever rebates (if any) at time of delivery. I was wondering if anyone was getting below employee pricing on factory orders?? I hoping by the time it would come in (10-12 weeks) there will be rebates of some sort.

Apologies if I'm derailing this thread. I found a brand new '20 2500 Limited, which MSRPs for $85k, going for ~ $74k. Which, seems like a pretty good deal, but, need to see if I can really get it at that price. My plan would be to buy this, and drive it for 2 years, then buy a '23 3500. Hopefully by then, it'll get a refresh, all the latest tech (Uconnect 5), and dual pane sunroof, etc.

Ickabod

Reaction score
My build is 68,240 MSRP, invoice is 63,657, EP is 60,674, I was quoted 59,837.58 before rebates and incentives.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forum and considering ordering a 2021 3500 Limited. The dealer told me it would be 10-12 weeks before we see it, and another week or two on top of that, if I get ram boxes. However, I do not want Ram boxes so that's not an issue. I was told anything they had to send the truck out for causes alot more time now due to Covid and factories trying to catch up. When ordering a truck, has anyone get a dealer to go below Employee Pricing? Also, I was told the rear retractable step has some type of recall, so ordering the truck with no "rear step" will also make it somewhat quicker and you can always add it later. I plan to wait to see what happens with the election on Tuesday and still back and forth on Billet Silver or Granite Crystal Grey. I'm leaning towards the grey and either way it will be a night edition 3500 Cummins, HO w/Aisin.
The bed step recall has been fixed. They have a new brace. I can't say if it's still holding up orders, but since they've rolled parts out to the dealer network, I can't imagine it is affecting builds.

You may find an EP or better deal on a lot truck, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a factory order below EP - not counting rebates or incentives.

When stating prices, to be apples to apples, everyone should post the actual truck sale price. No rebate or incentive numbers, no TTL, etc. claimed in an "OTD price."

MSRP
Sale Price (incl fees though all fees are BS)
- rebate
- incentive

2021 Limited

Reaction score
I was provided the VIN before it went into production, yes (and I learned a valuable lesson that you can't add any features after VIN has been assigned... I was really hoping to add BlindSpot in, but no such luck).

As for updates, since the first "please do not respond" email from FCA with the "by 10/19" delivery date, I've only been able to get updates from my sales guy. He told me the truck had to be "red-flagged" two weeks ago on account of being late... although I admit that I have no idea if that's simply "dealer speak" or an actual term. He doesn't seem willing or able to provide any traffic codes (just that it left Saltillo 7 weeks ago). I certainly expected to be a little less in-the-dark, but this is also my first vehicle order, so I don't have anything to compare to.
If you have the VIN, add it to end of the link this https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin= web site and see if you build sheet comes up.

dave41079

Reaction score
Ordered October 23:

Power Wagon
75th Anniversary Edition Package
Olive Green Pearlcoat
Black/Mountain Brown Interior
Dual Alternators
Power Sunroof
Bed Utility Group
Safety Group
Towing Technology Group

As of today via Ram's chat my build is waiting on parts to arrive. It has been in this status for 10 days, and potentially another 11. I don't expect to see the truck before the New Year, but I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully there will be some rebates/incentives available at the time as well.

Reaction score
Order in : 2021 Ram Power Wagon - Exterior: Red Pearl - Interior: Black and Mountain Brown
75th Anniversary Edition: Bucket seat w/ Center console plus see attached
Towing Technology Group
Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
RamBox Cargo Management System
Rambox Utility Group
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor
Upfitter Electronic Module
Dual Alternators
Backup Alarm
What did it all cost you? Did I read it correctly that you're in Canada?

heg1211

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forum and considering ordering a 2021 3500 Limited. The dealer told me it would be 10-12 weeks before we see it, and another week or two on top of that, if I get ram boxes. However, I do not want Ram boxes so that's not an issue. I was told anything they had to send the truck out for causes alot more time now due to Covid and factories trying to catch up. When ordering a truck, has anyone get a dealer to go below Employee Pricing? Also, I was told the rear retractable step has some type of recall, so ordering the truck with no "rear step" will also make it somewhat quicker and you can always add it later. I plan to wait to see what happens with the election on Tuesday and still back and forth on Billet Silver or Granite Crystal Grey. I'm leaning towards the grey and either way it will be a night edition 3500 Cummins, HO w/Aisin.
I ordered my 3500 HO limited August 14th. I just heard via customer service chat expected delivery is between Nov 12-26th. I also ordered Billet Silver, Ram Boxes and and rear step. Dealership was able to offer me $1750 below Invoice...I'm not sure what employee pricing would have been.

bht222u

Reaction score
What sort of deals are you all getting on orders? Invoice? MSRP? Somewhere in between?

I have an order in for a TRX, but, may cancel and pick up a HD instead. Seeing some good deals on some '20s; but, if ordering is closer to invoice, I may go that route.

Thank you in advance.
On my order, a 2021 2500 cummins Laramie, dealer priced for $60,300 before rebates available at delivery and said I would get them if they Ram has any for it.

cdrjack

Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
On my order, a 2021 2500 cummins Laramie, dealer priced for $60,300 before rebates available at delivery and said I would get them if they Ram has any for it.

Not to be rude, but the number is meaningless without the MSRP also stated.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm in Canada and paid 74,000 CAD or 56,250 USD
That's a fantastic price, it looks like you added every option that didn't come with the A75 package. Did you have to agree to any special financing? Your price is about $3k lower than what I'd hope to get as a good deal for that truck.

TZMNDVL

Reaction score
That's a fantastic price, it looks like you added every option that didn't come with the A75 package. Did you have to agree to any special financing? Your price is about $3k lower than what I'd hope to get as a good deal for that truck.
No Financing, paying cash. The only available option I passed on was the sunroof. Don't see introducing a weakness in the body and a possible leak point. I never use the one in our SUV so why pay for something I'm not going to use. The A75 package actually lowered the price for me as it included a lot of the options I was going to order anyways. Bonus for me was the buckets and console.

dave41079

Reaction score
No Financing, paying cash. The only available option I passed on was the sunroof. Don't see introducing a weakness in the body and a possible leak point. I never use the one in our SUV so why pay for something I'm not going to use. The A75 package actually lowered the price for me as it included a lot of the options I was going to order anyways. Bonus for me was the buckets and console.
This was the same reason for me. It ends up being significantly cheaper and gets you a few things you can't order otherwise.

It looked like they do offer an "off road package" for the Power Wagons now that has the beadlock capable wheels and rock rails.

That and the A75 package still aren't up on the website though.

mcgyver44

Reaction score
While chatting with Ram Chat the last few days they continue to say “all of the parts are ordered, your truck is ready to be built very soon”. Is this D1 or D2 status you think?
Ordered 10/13
VIN 10/22 (when dealer told me)

2021 Tradesman CC Long Box

TZMNDVL

Reaction score
This was the same reason for me. It ends up being significantly cheaper and gets you a few things you can't order otherwise.

It looked like they do offer an "off road package" for the Power Wagons now that has the beadlock capable wheels and rock rails.

That and the A75 package still aren't up on the website though.
I do remember seeing that, but I just checked and it's no longer on the PW Build & Price. Could be high demand for the A75 and a short supply of components caused them to limit the sale of the wheels or rock rails. Technically FCA haven't publicly announced the A75 package, but dealers and a few spy shots have given us hints at the package. I for one would really like to see a picture of the finished interior.

dave41079

Reaction score
I do remember seeing that, but I just checked and it's no longer on the PW Build & Price. Could be high demand for the A75 and a short supply of components caused them to limit the sale of the wheels or rock rails. Technically FCA haven't publicly announced the A75 package, but dealers and a few spy shots have given us hints at the package. I for one would really like to see a picture of the finished interior.
I'm curious about the interior as well. I imagine it will be similar to the other HD trims that have buckets. What I'm most curious about is how they're going to manage the electronic transfer case, lockers, sway bar disconnect, and gear selector. I'm somewhat fearful of the lockers and disconnect getting put into the "off road pages" on the screen, and using the standard gear select/4WD switch in the dash.

I guess I'll find out at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread