Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Just ordered a 3500 (SRW) Limited Mega cab 4X4 with the 6' 4" bed
6.7 I6 cummins
6 speed 68 RFE
Delmonico red pearl
Limited Black Bucket seats
Ram Box Delete
Auto Level
Power Sun Roof
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Night Edition
Snow Chief Group
Clod Weather Group
VSIM Upfitter Electronic Module
Mopar Bed Step
5TH Wheel Gooseneck Towing Prep group
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Placed it on 10/19/2020
Ordered 10/20/2020
Vin 10/20/2020
Now waiting on the build date and delivery date
What is payload going to be on that unit?

Splzhaul

Reaction score
From what they are saying it should be around 12,300 lbs GVW but till I see the door tag I am not sure.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
From what they are saying it should be around 12,300 lbs GVW but till I see the door tag I am not sure.
Trying to decide dally or not, 12300 would fill the bill for me, I think.

jkempken

Reaction score
What is payload going to be on that unit?
I have almost the same build and according to the VIN lookup it is right around 3700 lbs.

2020 3500 Limited Mega SO (68RFE), Rambox, Sunroof, Level 1, Black appearance, Cold weather, and Snow chief.

1603811529351.png

DougB

Reaction score
Ya, no kidding. Seems kinda dumb to switch all new orders to 2021 (a while back!) and now having them start showing up places and you STILL can't see or build the 2021 on the website.
It's updated now. I was checking it out last night. Decided to wait ANOTHER year and see what the 2022 HD's have to offer.

heg1211

Reaction score
Just ordered a 3500 (SRW) Limited Mega cab 4X4 with the 6' 4" bed
6.7 I6 cummins
6 speed 68 RFE
Delmonico red pearl
Limited Black Bucket seats
Ram Box Delete
Auto Level
Power Sun Roof
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Night Edition
Snow Chief Group
Clod Weather Group
VSIM Upfitter Electronic Module
Mopar Bed Step
5TH Wheel Gooseneck Towing Prep group
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Placed it on 10/19/2020
Ordered 10/20/2020
Vin 10/20/2020
Now waiting on the build date and delivery date
Ordered my Ram 3500 SRW on 8/14...still waiting

trevor1030

Reaction score
Just placed my order:
2021 2500 Limited
6.7 cummins
Rear Air suspension
Night Edition Package
Rambox delete
Limited Buckets
Diamond Black
68rfe
power sunroof
2021 2500 Limited Megacab
bed step
clearance lamps

I got my vin today, but i am not 100% sure on how to track it, will be my first diesel and my first heavy duty truck, believe it or not i bought it for daily driving and for some towing maybe 5-10 times a year =)

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 9 Sept
Currently I have a ship date of 25 November if that is the ship date that's 13 weeks exactly. But if you figure it will take probably 3 weeks from ship date to get to the dealer if everything is going well. I will be lucky to get the second week of December. Just so everyone knows dont count on ship date to be the day you pick up.

TZMNDVL

Reaction score
Order in : 2021 Ram Power Wagon - Exterior: Red Pearl - Interior: Black and Mountain Brown
75th Anniversary Edition: Bucket seat w/ Center console plus see attached
Towing Technology Group
Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
RamBox Cargo Management System
Rambox Utility Group
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor
Upfitter Electronic Module
Dual Alternators
Backup Alarm

Attachments

• A75 Package.PDF
    63.2 KB · Views: 22

bht222u

Reaction score
I ordered a 2021 2500 Laramie 6.7 Level package 1 today, 10/31/2020. It will interesting to watch this process.

I have never ordered a new vehicle before, if it goes good I may never buy another one just off the lot and settle for what's available. I already believe you can buy new for what a " gently " used ones are going for when it comes to diesels.

Last edited:

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
New to the forum...new to Rams. Ordered a 2500 Laramie mega cab Hemi on 9/27. Billet silver with Night edition. Received my Vin on 10/10 and found out today (after pestering my SA) that I am in D1 with a ship date of 11/21. Don’t see a build date located on my POC.
You will love that MegaCab. We love ours. Not sure why so many go for the CC (other than a need for an 8' bed) when the Mega is not much more.

Ickabod

Reaction score
You will love that MegaCab. We love ours. Not sure why so many go for the CC (other than a need for an 8' bed) when the Mega is not much more.
I would get the Mega, but it wouldn't fit in my garage by 1 inch.

brent21limited

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forum and considering ordering a 2021 3500 Limited. The dealer told me it would be 10-12 weeks before we see it, and another week or two on top of that, if I get ram boxes. However, I do not want Ram boxes so that's not an issue. I was told anything they had to send the truck out for causes alot more time now due to Covid and factories trying to catch up. When ordering a truck, has anyone get a dealer to go below Employee Pricing? Also, I was told the rear retractable step has some type of recall, so ordering the truck with no "rear step" will also make it somewhat quicker and you can always add it later. I plan to wait to see what happens with the election on Tuesday and still back and forth on Billet Silver or Granite Crystal Grey. I'm leaning towards the grey and either way it will be a night edition 3500 Cummins, HO w/Aisin.

UBo32

Reaction score
What sort of deals are you all getting on orders? Invoice? MSRP? Somewhere in between?

I have an order in for a TRX, but, may cancel and pick up a HD instead. Seeing some good deals on some '20s; but, if ordering is closer to invoice, I may go that route.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

cdrjack

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to RAM/FCA -- I ordered back on 8/8/20, but with 12 weeks having gone by, I'm really starting to question my dealers "6-9 week" estimate ;)

2020 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Olive Green Pearl over black & light frost beige cloth
6.4 HEMI
4.10 limited-slip rear w/ Snow Chief group
Big Horn Level 1 trim
5th wheel prep w/ CHMSL and F&R ParkSense (thanks to a helpful post I found on here, I learned the dealer could add just F&R ParkSense alone, even though RAMtruck's Build It page wouldn't allow it)
Upgraded 8.4" 4C NAV w/ Alpine speakers

FCA sent an email originally stating that I'd have it no later than 10/19, but at this point, I'd be totally happy getting it before 11/19. Can't wait much longer! :D

EDIT: I should mention, I got this for $1900 under dealer invoice and before $2750 in rebates. That works out to $8k off a sticker of $55k, which seems decent (unless you compare to the 1500's rebates!)

2021 Limited

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to RAM/FCA -- I ordered back on 8/8/20, but with 12 weeks having gone by, I'm really starting to question my dealers "6-9 week" estimate ;)

2020 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Olive Green Pearl over black & light frost beige cloth
6.4 HEMI
4.10 limited-slip rear w/ Snow Chief group
Big Horn Level 1 trim
5th wheel prep w/ CHMSL and F&R ParkSense (thanks to a helpful post I found on here, I learned the dealer could add just F&R ParkSense alone, even though RAMtruck's Build It page wouldn't allow it)
Upgraded 8.4" 4C NAV w/ Alpine speakers

FCA sent an email originally stating that I'd have it no later than 10/19, but at this point, I'd be totally happy getting it before 11/19. Can't wait much longer! :D

EDIT: I should mention, I got this for $1900 under dealer invoice and before $2750 in rebates. That works out to $8k off a sticker of $55k, which seems decent (unless you compare to the 1500's rebates!)
Has the dealer or FCA provided you with the current status of your order? Have they provided the VIN?

Ickabod

Reaction score
What sort of deals are you all getting on orders? Invoice? MSRP? Somewhere in between?

I have an order in for a TRX, but, may cancel and pick up a HD instead. Seeing some good deals on some '20s; but, if ordering is closer to invoice, I may go that route.

Thank you in advance.
Dennis Dillon and Koons has quoted @ 6% below invoice before rebates and incentives on a factory order. A local dealer has matched that, but they want to keep any rebates. Still playing the waiting game...

cdrjack

Reaction score
Has the dealer or FCA provided you with the current status of your order? Have they provided the VIN?
I was provided the VIN before it went into production, yes (and I learned a valuable lesson that you can't add any features after VIN has been assigned... I was really hoping to add BlindSpot in, but no such luck).

As for updates, since the first "please do not respond" email from FCA with the "by 10/19" delivery date, I've only been able to get updates from my sales guy. He told me the truck had to be "red-flagged" two weeks ago on account of being late... although I admit that I have no idea if that's simply "dealer speak" or an actual term. He doesn't seem willing or able to provide any traffic codes (just that it left Saltillo 7 weeks ago). I certainly expected to be a little less in-the-dark, but this is also my first vehicle order, so I don't have anything to compare to.

Users who are viewing this thread