Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 2500 Exhaust Diameter

Andrew5415

Reaction score
Of course man.
Here is the link, as well as a couple of pics. Took a can of black high temp to the rest of the exhaust. Very happy with how it all turned out. Sorry not the best pics, needs a wash.

Did you cut the exhaust back and then bolt the tip on, or just slide the tip over the existing exhaust and leave it inside the tip?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I think it’s that old pipe thang I.D O.D estimated. 4‘’ should be good to go. I put a 4’’ MBRP octagonal on my 19 as the stock pipe look drove me nuts! Nothing wrong with adding on an inch or so to a measurement but it’s probably not going to fool anyone :p.
Going down the slippery slope fast, my friend!

WisHawk

Reaction score
So what is the stock exhaust pipe size for a 2021 Cummins. OP said he ordered a 4" and it was to small and 5" fit perfect?
Post above says his is 4" ??
My truck has not arrived yet so I just can't go measure. My MBRP exhaust tip just came today. It is the 5" to 6" 18" long just what the OP has shown on his truck.

My-O-My

Reaction score
So what is the stock exhaust pipe size for a 2021 Cummins. OP said he ordered a 4" and it was to small and 5" fit perfect?
My truck has not arrived yet so I just can't go measure. My MBRP exhaust tip just came today. It is the 5" to 6" 18" long just what the OP has shown on his truck.
My 2021 3500 6.7 is 4”. That’s all I can tell you.

My-O-My

Reaction score
This is my Banks 4” to 5” tip. I painted the remainder of the pipe to the first hanger.

Attachments

• B47B54D6-DEAA-4962-BCA9-EE98B6F7606E.png
    B47B54D6-DEAA-4962-BCA9-EE98B6F7606E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 94

WisHawk

Reaction score
That looks real nice. Thanks you for the pic and response.
How long is the one you put on?
Guess I will be returning the one I received.
Have to say I am little upset with myself right now.

My-O-My

Reaction score
That looks real nice. Thanks you for the pic and response.
How long is the one you put on?
Guess I will be returning the one I received.
Have to say I am little upset with myself right now.
No problem. Here are the specs:

Attachments

• ED48A8B9-DB28-4F90-BA8A-D000027E6E56.png
    ED48A8B9-DB28-4F90-BA8A-D000027E6E56.png
    878.1 KB · Views: 62

boatdude1

Reaction score
My 2021 3500 H.O. Is 4”.

My-O-My

Reaction score
I am assuming the issue the OP had was trying to slide his original 4” aftermarket tip directly onto the OEM slash cut pipe. As if the slash cut was a square cut instead of following the path of the slash cut pipe. If that makes any sense.

WisHawk

Reaction score
I am assuming the issue the OP had was trying to slide his original 4” aftermarket tip directly onto the OEM slash cut pipe. As if the slash cut was a square cut instead of following the path of the slash cut pipe. If that makes any sense.
After reading through this thread several times I agree with that statement.
Just surprised with it being 1" to big he was able to tighten it.

Sponge60

Reaction score
This is my Banks 4” to 5” tip. I painted the remainder of the pipe to the first hanger.
Did you have to cut or trim the factory pipe? Is the original pipe visible inside the new tip? Really like the look you achieved.

My-O-My

Reaction score
Did you have to cut or trim the factory pipe? Is the original pipe visible inside the new tip? Really like the look you achieved.
Thx. Yes I cut the OEM pipe back about 8-10 inches or so. U can see the cut pipe if u get down on the ground. The pipe is angled down so it’s hard to see the pipe inside.

Sponge60

Reaction score
Thx. Yes I cut the OEM pipe back about 8-10 inches or so. U can see the cut pipe if u get down on the ground. The pipe is angled down so it’s hard to see the pipe inside.
Thanks for the reply. Again, that looks really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread