Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 2500HD Stranded - PIN Unlock Code

Relentless

Reaction score
Other than going to the dealer in person, is there any other way to get the unlock pin?

I'm not in a position to drive to a dealer, but can provide them with what ever detail is needed to prove ownership.

I just changed out my batteries and now the truck is disabled.

It won't start, can't access the radio, pretty much everything is disabled.

It's like it thinks someone stole it

The key fobs still work to lock-unlock, but that's it, and I've tried what I found online for these, sitting in the driver seat, using the key fob to unlock and lock etc, and that made no difference since the key fob was already working to unlock the door

Thanks

areuriding

Reaction score
HMM< If I'm thinking of the right thing your asking about there should be a card that came with everything in your glove box. It should be in the same folder that your owners manual came in.

Relentless

Reaction score
HMM< If I'm thinking of the right thing your asking about there should be a card that came with everything in your glove box. It should be in the same folder that your owners manual came in.
Nothing in my manual etc..

From what I understand, 2020 and up have a rotating pin, no longer static

metcalfguitars

Reaction score
Other than going to the dealer in person, is there any other way to get the unlock pin?

I'm not in a position to drive to a dealer, but can provide them with what ever detail is needed to prove ownership.

I just changed out my batteries and now the truck is disabled.

It won't start, can't access the radio, pretty much everything is disabled.

It's like it thinks someone stole it

The key fobs still work to lock-unlock, but that's it, and I've tried what I found online for these, sitting in the driver seat, using the key fob to unlock and lock etc, and that made no difference since the key fob was already working to unlock the door

Thanks

I realize this is an old thread, but the JScan app will pull the code on a '19 2500. I did it today using Veepeak OBDcheck BLE+

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but the JScan app will pull the code on a '19 2500. I did it today using Veepeak OBDcheck BLE+
Yes, Jscan did an update 2 days ago, and it can now read the PIN and program a fob on 2019+ HD Rams.
IMG_5172.jpeg

IMG_5173.jpeg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Kinda good, kinda scary? Makes it easier for a thief to break in and program a fob and drive away?
Nah. They already know about readily available cheap fob programmers, like the one I have that is pictured in the second screenshot above (Jscan developer actually used data from my programmer to finally get the pin reading dialed in). It’s just easier for the average person now that one app can do this along with BCM configuration changes.

Users who are viewing this thread