Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 2500 GCM CTD Partially blacked out

Underline5656

Reaction score
Posting first pics -- picked up the new to me rig a couple weeks ago, and just got back from the shoe store :D

Granite Crystal Metallic Laramie with the 4x4 package, so it has a small factory lift
Swapped out hood and cummins badges for blacked out versions with red highlights, debadged everything else. I went cheap aftermarket with the badges... I just don't see how there's $100 worth of engineering in the stock plastic badges to be ok paying for them. I did notice that the factory badges have a gasket and my cheap aftermarket ones did not, but as I've been renovating a travel trailer, and making my own seals there .. I slapped on a thin rope of butyl tape (kind of putty like, used in moisture sealing trailers) around the edges.. and the aftermarket ones are sitting nice. No play, no rattles, very nice fit. In the next few weeks I plan on blacking out the grill, bumpers, and mirrors as well. We'll see if reality lives up the plan.

Running Vision Nemesis 18" wheels with 18mm offset
Maxxis Razr AT-811 in LT287/75/r18 0 E at 60psi front, 70psi rear -- they poke out right to the edge of the factory fenders..about ~1.5" further out than stock. These are 35" and no rubbing so far. A note about Maxxis as I've already had comments in person .. they aren't a no-name brand, they just aren't big in car tires at the moment. They've been making mtn bike tires forever and a day (and I run them on my gravel bike .. fantastic there) so I thought I would give them a shot. They meet the specs, 3peak rated, decent price, and the very few reviews I could find on them, were all positive. I've run them for about...30 minutes, so way to early to form an opinion yet.. but I haven't noticed anything *bad* yet.

IMG20230524144051.jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The only trucks that have a “lift” from the factory are the powerwagons… maxxis has been making vehicle tires for many years mainly the offroad side but check out the maxxis trepadors. Those look like they closely copied the Mickey Thompson deegan 38s so they should be an alright tire

Underline5656

Reaction score
The only trucks that have a “lift” from the factory are the powerwagons
Well, I stand corrected then. Not sure where I got the idea that the offroad package lifted it an inch or two.. maybe I'm conflating it with the 1500 offroad package which for sure does have a small lift.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well, I stand corrected then. Not sure where I got the idea that the offroad package lifted it an inch or two.. maybe I'm conflating it with the 1500 offroad package which for sure does have a small lift.
Yea the 1/2 ton does for sure. My 19 has the off-road pkg aswell the only real difference is the hill decent and bilstein shocks

Users who are viewing this thread