Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500HD, Is there a hidden winch mount available?

kristof

Reaction score
Not sure if you have seen photos from my other thread. Other user who owns 2020 power wagon took photos and post them there of the two brackets he have.
Drivers side:
driver side.jpg
Passenger side:
passenger side.jpg

kristof

Reaction score
If

it fits the 19 it’ll fit your 20.
Are you sure? Cause every website I go to it only says 2019. I also assume they will fit 2020 it just makes me wonder cause it's not listed.

heavyg603

Reaction score
I know the frame hasn’t changed in that area at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kristof

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and they going to look into that right now and call me back hopefully .

heavyg603

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and they going to look into that right now and call me back hopefully .

That’s awesome. Let us know what you find and we can update the thread.

kristof

Reaction score
That’s awesome. Let us know what you find and we can update the thread.

I'm not very optimistic about it. If mopar have not updated their system with correct part my dealer probably going to tell me I need two same brackets and they should work.

kristof

Reaction score
Okay they called me back and told me right side part number is 68349985AA and left side is 68349988AA . When I look for them it looks like they have been replaced with AB. So heavyg603 it looks like you got it right. I will order it and let you know if it works.

heavyg603

Reaction score
Okay they called me back and told me right side part number is 68349985AA and left side is 68349988AA . When I look for them it looks like they have been replaced with AB. So heavyg603 it looks like you got it right. I will order it and let you know if it works.

Awesome. Please do let us know.

kristof

Reaction score
Okay so I will order now whatever I need. I type in screw part number and it gave me this description (Bracket To Cross Car Casting) this is part #27 on the diagram. Do you think it's the screw that attaches left/right bracket to frame?

heavyg603

Reaction score
Okay so I will order now whatever I need. I type in screw part number and it gave me this description (Bracket To Cross Car Casting) this is part #27 on the diagram. Do you think it's the screw that attaches left/right bracket to frame?

Unfortunately that drawing sucks. Might even be the cross piece.

heavyg603

Reaction score
I would like to make a detailed tutorial on what to buy and how to install the winch. Of course if everything will work. So I want to have all parts marked and described.

I’m sure people would find that useful for years. I was headed in that direction but decided the bumper was a better fit for me.

kristof

Reaction score
I’m sure people would find that useful for years. I was headed in that direction but decided the bumper was a better fit for me.

I want to keep the stock bumper

heavyg603

Reaction score
I want to keep the stock bumper

Oh I can understand that. I bought the tradesman with the intention of swapping it out for a better one but almost kept it given the challenge finding what I wanted.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’m watching this with great interest. I have no desire to change out my bumper, but I’d love to get a winch in there. Good luck!

kristof

Reaction score
I received the main bracket today (where the winch attach) and I don't know why the main bracket have 2 holes to attach to side bracket. But the side bracket only have one. Per photos above from another member it looks like I suppose to use only one bolt so I'm going to use one. I could drill and tap new hole but if from factory they used one it should work fine
89945d4b499e7d0a59762916aa292094.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

kristof

Reaction score
BTW holes spacing for winch is 10" x 4.5"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread