Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 and AlphaOBD

Tazman

Reaction score
Anyone know if Alphaobd will work on a 2019 2500.? If so what obd link do I buy?
thanks.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
get the mx+. you'll need the bypass harness as well.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The OBDLinkMX or MX+ are popular.

1589004873039.png

ETA: Info on MX+

Q: What is the difference between the mx+ and the mx?
A: MX+ offers all of the features MX Bluetooth provides, PLUS compatibility with iOS devices. MX+ comes with free unlimited OBDLink app enhanced data add-ons for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota vehicles. These add-ons are available for purchase for $9.99 per vehicle model year with the MX Bluetooth.
The GM add-on is exclusive to MX+ and is not available to any other tool that we offer.
MX+ also uses a newer chip with more room for features to be added as they become available. see less

My old BAFX works fine. Any ELM327 reader should work. I might even replace my BAFX with an MX because it never powers down.

You will need a KaodTech security bypass cable.

If you want to do radio diags, according to @thestuarts or was it @Jimmy07 ? (I don't recall) you need the Zautomotive security bypass module. PITA to get plugged in behind the EVIC (and take out for dealer service).

For some changes (like enabling TTPMS) you will need the Windows version of AlphaOBD to fake it into talking 2020 using advanced mode.

Then there's the Tazer RAM that can do a bunch of other stuff and includes a security cable that could (no personal experience) in theory also be used with AlphaOBD.

2019_Ram

Reaction score
There was an update to AlfaOB2 in the last day or two that adds some support for 2019 and 2020 models. Not sure what all is included in it.

Jddirk

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m new at this.. what is the bypass harness and what is it’s purpose.. do you have a link for it as well..

KoadTech.com you need it to get around the FCA security gateway that will prevent the OBD port from writing to your BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazman

Reaction score
KoadTech.com you need it to get around the FCA security gateway that will prevent the OBD port from writing to your BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
kaod is always out of stock. I got mine in about 2wks. will it not even let you place an order?

kraftwerx

Reaction score
Excellent, I had sent an email asking when it would be available, but they hadn't responded.

Before I order this kit, I wanted to understand what the AlfaOBD can support in terms of what can / can't be tweaked.

An example of what I am trying to customize is how the PF mirrors retract / deploy - I want them to deploy on unlock or even better door open vs on engine start. We had an incident in our Audi because my wife couldn't see a car pulling in next to her.

Given I was lazy and ordered this with every feature I wanted, I don't need it to enable a lot of the things folks have mentioned. I've been searching for threads where I thought I saw screenshots, but can't find them so pardon the re-ask.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Excellent, I had sent an email asking when it would be available, but they hadn't responded.

Before I order this kit, I wanted to understand what the AlfaOBD can support in terms of what can / can't be tweaked.

An example of what I am trying to customize is how the PF mirrors retract / deploy - I want them to deploy on unlock or even better door open vs on engine start. We had an incident in our Audi because my wife couldn't see a car pulling in next to her.

Given I was lazy and ordered this with every feature I wanted, I don't need it to enable a lot of the things folks have mentioned. I've been searching for threads where I thought I saw screenshots, but can't find them so pardon the re-ask.
AlfaOBD can’t do what you are wanting with the power fold mirrors.

kraftwerx

Reaction score
So I found more info on the Cummins and 5th gen forums. It looks like I can drop the fog light cutout, but am curious if a few others are available on the 21 2500:

• Police / Military vehicle - sounds cool, but what does it do if available?
  • Gear indicator on dash
What other tweaks do folks make? I am not planning to change tire size and have all the options added that I think I need so I don't need to enable things.

Down the road, if I upgrade to the Titan tank, then of course this is a given.

Thanks, Erik

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
There are a couple of pretty comprehensive threads with lots of good info that you may want to peruse.

Users who are viewing this thread