Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 HD 6.4 tuner info please?

ram1hemi

Reaction score
Eco mode is a whole separate issue, but it does add to the issue described in previous entry with just an added delay, and further down shift, when going 30 mph, in too high of a gear, and the eco mode on….when just trying to accelerate out of a corner smoothly and evenly.

Devil Dog

Reaction score
Like most, maybe, new to forum, trying to see if there is a chip out on market for at least fuel economy and if other bells and whistles, helpful also, that would not void the warranty of this 2022 2500HD Ram?

ram1hemi

Reaction score
Hi Devil Dog. I’m thinking not….haven’t heard a peep here, or read anything anywhere else. The shift points and eco mode at non-hwy speeds still irritate the sheet out of me.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Like most, maybe, new to forum, trying to see if there is a chip out on market for at least fuel economy and if other bells and whistles, helpful also, that would not void the warranty of this 2022 2500HD Ram?
Sorry, but once you touch that computer....all bets are off on the warranty of the drivetrain, I'm afraid. You would want to self-insure at that point.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Hi Devil Dog. I’m thinking not….haven’t heard a peep here, or read anything anywhere else. The shift points and eco mode at non-hwy speeds still irritate the sheet out of me.
Read through your old posts. I'm wondering if there has been some sort of pcm update on the new trucks. I have a 22 2500 hemi 8 speed and find the shifting to be nearly perfect. I just enabled the feature in alfaobd to always display what gear the truck is in. I was surprised to find that my truck doesn't shift past 7th gear while cruising in town. I tried to get it to shift to 8th by letting it coast down a long hill at around 40 mph. It wouldn't do it. I then merged onto the interstate and ran up to 70 and it would hit 8th. Anyway, I found with my wife's 15 town and country that there was an upgraded pcm flash that improved shifting and torque converter function. I had to specifically ask them about it as the dealer claimed to have no knowledge of it initially. I found the TSB for it online and gave them the info. Wished I'd have done it years ago as it really helped. Might be something to check into.

Users who are viewing this thread