Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 HD 6.4 tuner info please?

ram1hemi

Reaction score
Hi All,
New member here, but long time RAM owner. Does anyone have any information on a tuner that is or may be available soon? These 8 speeds up shift way to fast, and couple that with the MDS...drive me nuts. I currently manually set the gear limit, but would love to tune the shift points and turn MDS off!

MobyDick

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the same thing. I really can not wrap my head around the fact they thought MDS was a good idea on a heavy duty truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1hemi

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the same thing. I really can not wrap my head around the fact they thought MDS was a good idea on a heavy duty truck

Agreed! 8th gear should only be available +60 mph, and for the owner of ANY vehicle to not have the option of when to enable or shut off MDS is ridiculous. A tuner would make things right, but in its absence; I can see this getting really old after too long.

cjccj4

Reaction score
Has anyone tried OST Dyno out of Pa? They do custom tuning.

jadmt

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Power Wagon and and I swear I can not detect if MDS is even kicking in. It shifts incredibly smooth and always seems to be in the right gear for the power band. I have stock tires maybe that makes a difference.

ram1hemi

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Power Wagon and and I swear I can not detect if MDS is even kicking in. It shifts incredibly smooth and always seems to be in the right gear for the power band. I have stock tires maybe that makes a difference.
If you can even slightly here your exhaust...not sure how you miss it. I have stock tires as well, and 8th gear plus MDS at 40 mph is totally weak and sounds like dog poo.

jadmt

Reaction score
If you can even slightly here your exhaust...not sure how you miss it. I have stock tires as well, and 8th gear plus MDS at 40 mph is totally weak and sounds like dog poo.
makes me wonder if mine is not working as even rolling along at 40 on the flats if I step on the gas it jumps..I swear mine sounds good all the time. I have under a 1000 miles so maybe something is wrong. My eco light comes on but still have great throttle response.

slackerwill

Reaction score
I am not sure what the issue is. I don't drive my truck like a race car, that is what the race car is for. But it always seems to giddy up on when I ask it to, passing or whatever.

Firebird

Reaction score
I can feel MDS, but it is much smoother than in my 5.7’s

MobyDick

Reaction score
I can’t believe y’all can’t feel it. It’s like someone dropped a Tacoma 3.5l in the truck while driving

jadmt

Reaction score
today I purposefully tried to feel it. flat road 45mph very light on the gas and smooth as silk.

ram1hemi

Reaction score
Is a tuner for 2019 HD 6.4 ever coming? Anyone have any updates or promising news?

jadmt

Reaction score
I have over 16000 mi,es now and still don’t notice it. I get great mpg so maybe it is working After all.

0D0952EB-F2C7-4245-A962-95EF004D8290.jpeg

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have over 16000 mi,es now and still don’t notice it. I get great mpg so maybe it is working After all.
Back when i had my 2011 ram 1500 hemi the only way i knew it was on was the eco on in the tiny evic but after my straight pipe i could hear it, i know its apples to oranges comparison but i know lots of people had the same complaint then too and i had no issue the second i tapped the throttle a touch more it would kick out and the truck would go like a raped ape lol

ram1hemi

Reaction score
Yeah…have never complained about how fast the truck goes when I want it to go fast….which is not all the time. I am asking about the existence of a hand held tuner for the truck, because I can’t stand the shift points basically. It upshifts wayyy too fast and too far…now that being said, an example of the problem is when your going 30-40 an it is in way too high of a gear….and then yes; when you tap the gas it goes like a raped ape, but that’s the point. I don’t want it to have to downshift 3-4 gears and take off like jumping the line when youve just slowed down to turn a corner. If it wasn’t in 6th or 7th gear at that point already, it wouldn’t have to take a gigantic downshift that way…this isn’t good for wet or snow traction at all. Currently, the best work around is to just run in tow/haul mode all time…does a descent job of extending shift points during normal driving, but shouldn’t have to do that. The pedal commanders, Pulse etc. just exacerbate the issue described above….the transmission is what needs tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread