Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Current Gear Display

Enve46

Reaction score
Anyone know if or how to set the current gear to be shown all the time on the screen dash? I know I can hit the controls on the steering wheel but I’d like it to always display like my TRXs did. I have looked everywhere and can’t see a setting. It’s a 19 Limited if that makes a difference

snocam

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to get the gear indicator up without having the truck in manual gear selection. I wish the gear position was always visible as well.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I know AlfaOBD can enable it. JScan probably can too.

Enve46

Reaction score
Looks like I need to look into one of them. TRXs have it already enabled, why Ram wouldn't think an HD truck would is beyond me

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I need to look into one of them. TRXs have it already enabled, why Ram wouldn't think an HD truck would is beyond me

It’s available on the gas HD’s, and in the owners manual. Just not enabled on the diesels.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

DrTron

Reaction score
It’s available on the gas HD’s, and in the owners manual. Just not enabled on the diesels.
No, it wasn't available in my 22 PW, either. But I got it enabled with AlphaOBD.

jsalbre

Reaction score
It wasn't on my 2020 Limited gasser or my 2023 Rebel gasser. I had to enable it via AlfaOBD on both.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
So why is it available on some gas HD’s and not on others?

Darkside

Reaction score
When I first picked up my 21 the option was there to be able to turn it on but it didn’t work, then after the first software update it was no longer in my settings menu anywhere.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So why is it available on some gas HD’s and not on others?

I'm thinking there is a bit of a difference in definition on what 'available' means.
Can you enable it when you use the gear limiter? Yes
Can you turn it on to display constantly in the EVIC? No (Unless this was changed with UC 5).

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking there is a bit of a difference in definition on what 'available' means.
Can you enable it when you use the gear limiter? Yes
Can you turn it on to display constantly in the EVIC? No (Unless this was changed with UC 5).

Very possible.

Another one of those things that’s in the manual and not in the truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps there's some lack of clarity or understanding how it works.

Without being enabled from the factory, using the - gear limit selector will now show the current gear indicator until + is used beyond the highest gear or the truck is shut off.

Having it always display requires it to be enabled using AlfaOBD (perhaps jscan).

CdnHO

Reaction score
Perhaps there's some lack of clarity or understanding how it works.

Without being enabled from the factory, using the - gear limit selector will now show the current gear indicator until + is used beyond the highest gear or the truck is shut off.

Having it always display requires it to be enabled using AlfaOBD (perhaps jscan).
J-Scan does enable it.

Users who are viewing this thread