Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

120v A/C in bed?

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Laramie Longhorn 2500 and I don't have a 120v plug in the bed. I'm surprised as I could have sworn I had seen them back there on the models I test drove. Am I wrong?

R.J.

Reaction score
Laramie Longhorn 2500 and I don't have a 120v plug in the bed. I'm surprised as I could have sworn I had seen them back there on the models I test drove. Am I wrong?

Aren't they only with the RamBox?

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the correct response... that is the setup on the 1500s.
My 3500 Laramie has a 120v outlet in the bed . Short bed - no Rambox.

Hmm... Looks like we need others to chime in then. Who DOES have a 120v plug in the bed and does NOT have ramboxes?

I am headed to the dealership this week to look at some now... Frustrating. On top of the remote camera and TTPMS fiasco, I am pretty disappointed that RAM/FCA did not release the right details on the trucks and are likely NOT going to do anything to remedy the issues... For as much money as I just signed up for on the truck... It's just a little irritating...

Wferg1

Reaction score
Hmm... Looks like we need others to chime in then. Who DOES have a 120v plug in the bed and does NOT have ramboxes?

I am headed to the dealership this week to look at some now... Frustrating. On top of the remote camera and TTPMS fiasco, I am pretty disappointed that RAM/FCA did not release the right details on the trucks and are likely NOT going to do anything to remedy the issues... For as much money as I just signed up for on the truck... It's just a little irritating...
My 2022 ram 3500 mega cab short bed has the 110 outlet

pinco

Reaction score
400 watts is pretty much useless anyway. Couldn’t even start my car vac. Wish it was easy to upgrade

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
2021 H.O. SB 4x4 Big Horn. I ordered this one and had to include it in the order. I don't recall which option group included it though.

Mooreman21

Reaction score
currently, if you order the 115V outlet thats inside the cab, you also get the outlet in the bed. it went from a $150 option, to a $250 option when they changed it for model year 21

anderson0172

Reaction score
I have a 2021 3500 dually long bed. It has the max tow package and I have the outlet in my bed.

Wferg1

Reaction score
Had anybody added this to a later year 2019? That has the in cab electrical plug. Maybe plug and play?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Had anybody added this to a later year 2019? That has the in cab electrical plug. Maybe plug and play?
Not plug and play and for 3.3A its not worth it for the cost you can do it with a 1000w inverter if you really wanted to but it would be a custom setup

Weldpipe

Reaction score
It come with the 5th wheel prep package I think. My ‘22 Laramie short bed has it along with the trailer plug hookups on side of bed. No bed boxes

Users who are viewing this thread