Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect Split Screen

shauste

Reaction score
On my 2019 1500, I was able to use a split screen mode. Is this possible with the 2022 2500 Ram?

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Yes. You can set up personalized pages from the “home” screen. There is an icon at the very bottom left of the Home page. Touch that and it will let you add, delete, and customize pages.

shauste

Reaction score
That seems to allow creation of widgets. What I am looking for is, an example, set Navigation on top and Apple CarPlay on the bottom of a split screen.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I think Nav uses the complete screen. But other pages can be set as split screen, at least on my '21.
I have the radio on the upper half and Climate controls on the lower half.

kkerley

Reaction score
on my '22 12" i can do full screen nav or half screen, don't know if you can do quarter screen haven't tried that. on the bottom left of the home screen you need to select and make a new page with the layout you wish, then you select the different partitions to choose the content you wish in that section.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
On my 2019 1500, I was able to use a split screen mode. Is this possible with the 2022 2500 Ram?
UC5 uses a different method than UC4. It’s replacement for home split screen is just like @iflyskyhigh described. You can create multiple Home Screen layouts, and swipe through them. You can set car play on top, but not on the bottom.
59801872-A1E7-4EF0-968A-6EC20EDB5757.jpeg
27AE3759-83D1-4BA1-9660-486D0E46D6E0.jpeg
D532776E-17C4-47B6-8198-E5121096A3BE.jpeg

Godzilla

Reaction score
UC5 uses a different method than UC4. It’s replacement for home split screen is just like @iflyskyhigh described. You can create multiple Home Screen layouts, and swipe through them. You can set car play on top, but not on the bottom.
View attachment 34378
View attachment 34380
View attachment 34379
Hi Jimmy, on my screen I can only get Layouts 1-4, not the two Projection screens that you show in your first picture. I have a 2022 3500 with 12" UC5. I am accessing it with the touch screen icon at the bottom left of the screen (My Pages) and trying to modify so I can get CarPlay on the top box. Right now, I have the Nav widget in that slot - I have it set to three boxes, two quarters on bottom and half on top - and at times, the Nav screen disappears after a phone call through CarPlay which is running in the background. I don't see anywhere else in a menu to program this functionality and the dealership kind of quickly went through it with me - I have NOT yet read through the manuals; that is the plan for the next weekend that I am not jumping through flaming hoops elsewhere.

Last edited:

mcarey

Reaction score
I think Nav uses the complete screen. But other pages can be set as split screen, at least on my '21.
I have the radio on the upper half and Climate controls on the lower half.
You should be able to set nav to one half if you want. My default is nav on top, media on bottom.

My only gripe is that you have to swipe away the "Favorites" or whatever on every start. Drives me nuts.

Godzilla

Reaction score
You should be able to set nav to one half if you want. My default is nav on top, media on bottom.

My only gripe is that you have to swipe away the "Favorites" or whatever on every start. Drives me nuts.
Right... I can the nav to do that. Ideally, I'd like Apple CarPlay on the top half of the screen, then two separate widgets on each of the bottom quarters. I've just been so dang busy I've not been able to really dive into the workings of this and then, every time I get behind the wheel I tell myself - damn - I need to set this up more efficiently.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy, on my screen I can only get Layouts 1-4, not the two Projection screens that you show in your first picture. I have a 2022 3500 with 12" UC5. I am accessing it with the touch screen icon at the bottom left of the screen (My Pages) and trying to modify so I can get CarPlay on the top box. Right now, I have the Nav widget in that slot - I have it set to three boxes, two quarters on bottom and half on top - and at times, the Nav screen disappears after a phone call through CarPlay which is running in the background. I don't see anywhere else in a menu to program this functionality and the dealership kind of quickly went through it with me - I have NOT yet read through the manuals; that is the plan for the next weekend that I am not jumping through flaming hoops elsewhere.

It will only allow you one personalized page with the nav and one with car play. If there is another page already using one of those widgets delete that page, and create a new page with the widget desired

Vr6mole

Reaction score
Woah had no idea you could force CarPlay to top half on a 2022. Thank you!!

mountainears

Reaction score
I didn’t either. Just came across this. Had to add a page and saw there was an option to do that. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obhitn3

Reaction score
Not sure I can get carplay as a widget in my 23. Did that functionality dissapear? Cant get it in my 24 jeep either. I was def able to do this in my 22.

Users who are viewing this thread