Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch Uconnect 5 part list help

Jdrsocal

Reaction score
Need help ordered a 12 inch screen for my 22 ram 3500 but the radio module is different I believe from a 2019 and they changed on the 22 anyone know the part number of the module for a 22 model year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I’m 99% sure this is it. I plan on upgrading my 21 to Uconnect five and researched all the parts I’d need.

68507350AB

Riddick

Reaction score
Does anyone have all the part numbers required for this swap and a breakdown of what they are. I know you need the monitor, bezel, radio module, and wiring harnesses. I noticed there are different part numbers for the screens, but cant find the differences online.

If RAM does not figure out the software on the 8.4 non nav units I will be forced to upgrade to a 12 in unit. Currently, my radio will not save presets, my theme resets every 1-3 trips, and all my EQ settings reset to factory randomly.

Bp4125

Reaction score
If you’re still looking for parts numbers I have some. I just upgraded my 8.4 non nav 4c to the 12” uconnect 5 system. I’m still stoked over it every time I get in my truck!

Module # 68507350AB - works with 8.4 or 12”
12” screen (center stack) # 68526609AB
This center stack is for the diesel with traction control and hazard button at the top without lane assist.

Bezel for the 12” screen # 6UV473X9AB
This one is silver and black with the carbon fiber at the top by the 12v port.

You’ll also need a custom harness that I believe Jimmy07 can help you out with.

You’ll also need Alfa obd to program it

If you look hard enough you’ll find different part numbers for different interior options.

Fist thing I did after hook up was to update it from 23.13 to 26.15
Hope this helps.

Wheelz

Reaction score
Like most of you..i've been waiting to source all the parts to go from an 8.4 non-nav to 12.1 screen and the hardest part was the module. You couldnt order it.
Anyhow, I found an Ebay seller that has the modules. He put together a 12.1 screen, bezel (w/aux switches) and a new radio module. So if you looking for parts hit this guy up on Ebay. search for seller: tturnas

Jdrsocal

Reaction score
Need help installing 12 inch radio has 8.4 two questions I see I need the screen cable from photo does anyone know the part number also the plug that goes into the screen for the climate has the plastic tab in the middle not to the side I was told to cut it down and it will work ?
2ee7ba3230f30dfccd1807d555bfe762.jpg

Jdrsocal

Reaction score
ad2970cbccb10ac8e97a9d5f39669050.jpg

Cutting the black middle guide to fit into screen plug is what I was told to do

Wheelz

Reaction score
Wasn't there an adapter cable Jimmy made? I went from the 8.4 to the 12 and didn't cut anything down..plainly plug and play with this adapter cable.

**SEE PICTURE...You need #4 cable made. This adapter converts the harness from the 8.4 to the 12 w/hvac controls**

Attachments

• harnesses.jpg
    harnesses.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Need help installing 12 inch radio has 8.4 two questions I see I need the screen cable from photo does anyone know the part number also the plug that goes into the screen for the climate has the plastic tab in the middle not to the side I was told to cut it down and it will work ?
2ee7ba3230f30dfccd1807d555bfe762.jpg

If your original radio is an 8.4 non-nav, you need an adapter harness for that black HVAC connector (like @Wheelz identified above).
You also need the LVDS cable that links the screen to the radio. There is no separate part number for that for the 2022 UC5 radios, and a UC4 lvds cable won’t work, it has to be custom made. I can build both of those for you if you need them.

Slick6.sevin

Reaction score
I got your reply (via email) to my previous post about the harness. I can’t see your reply on here I’m not that familiar with forums my apologies. How I get the ball rolling for that harness please?

Indanickfotime_

Reaction score
If you’re still looking for parts numbers I have some. I just upgraded my 8.4 non nav 4c to the 12” uconnect 5 system. I’m still stoked over it every time I get in my truck!

Module # 68507350AB - works with 8.4 or 12”
12” screen (center stack) # 68526609AB
This center stack is for the diesel with traction control and hazard button at the top without lane assist.

Bezel for the 12” screen # 6UV473X9AB
This one is silver and black with the carbon fiber at the top by the 12v port.

You’ll also need a custom harness that I believe Jimmy07 can help you out with.

You’ll also need Alfa obd to program it

If you look hard enough you’ll find different part numbers for different interior options.

Fist thing I did after hook up was to update it from 23.13 to 26.15
Hope this helps.
I am trying to finish up my parts list for my 12.1 upgrade from the 8.4 w/ nav. If I am understanding correctly, the module I have in the truck from my 8.4 will work with the 12.1?

So I will just need the custom wiring harness to make the screen with full bezel I purchased work?

Obviously also need to do the programming. Mostly just making sure I have all the parts before I rip my working radio out.

Bp4125

Reaction score
Yes that will work. The modules I used was actually from a setup with a 8.5 UC5 and mine works great. Well at least 98% of the time lol.

ajgonzalez75

Reaction score
Wasn't there an adapter cable Jimmy made? I went from the 8.4 to the 12 and didn't cut anything down..plainly plug and play with this adapter cable.

**SEE PICTURE...You need #4 cable made. This adapter converts the harness from the 8.4 to the 12 w/hvac controls*

**SEE PICTURE...You need #4 cable made. This adapter converts the harness from the 8.4 to the 12 w/hvac controls**
hi Jimmy
I went from the 8.4 to the 12 and didn't cut anything down..plainly plug and play with this adapter cable.

ajgonzalez75

Reaction score

i need this one's

macadoo1

Reaction score
If your original radio is an 8.4 non-nav, you need an adapter harness for that black HVAC connector (like @Wheelz identified above).
You also need the LVDS cable that links the screen to the radio. There is no separate part number for that for the 2022 UC5 radios, and a UC4 lvds cable won’t work, it has to be custom made. I can build both of those for you if you need them.
Jimmy, how much do you charge to build the cable? My 8.4 has Nav

Users who are viewing this thread