Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. SFAngus

My Big Booty Dually Adventure Rig Build

Hey Everyone- Thanks for all the support on this build, and thanks for everyone's input on the site in general. It's been a great resource, especially for figuring out all of the wiring. This is bittersweet, but I am putting my truck up for sale. I really hate to sell it, but it's for a good...
  2. SFAngus

Tool Bag Recommendations

Ok, I'm putting a tool bag together that will live in the back of my truck... this is what I have so far. What else do you recommend? What am I missing? (Not pictured: duct tape and wire).
  3. SFAngus

Tapping into 7 pin trailer plug outlet in bed for 12v power

I read a few different posts on people using the Curt 7 pin splitters for different purposes, but I couldn't find a relevant answer to my question: I want to have a 12v constant power supply in the bed of my truck, and I'm trying to figure out if I should use the blunt cut wire from the...
  4. SFAngus

"Desert does it" front seat multi mount

Has anyone installed one if these, or checked them out? Seems like kind of a cool idea to mount things that you need quick access to. https://desertdoesit.com/collections/ram-trucks/products/2009-ram-truck-front-multi-mount-panel-mmp
  5. SFAngus

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

Has anyone had any issues getting insurance for these trucks? I went online to add my new 3500 to my Liberty Mutual policy and it wouldn't accept the VIN. I started chatting with an agent, and he told me that the truck requires "Commercial vehicle insurance" because it is over 10,000 pounds...
  6. SFAngus

Does anyone have experience with Resistall NG2 paint protection?

I just purchased a 2021 3500 Mega Cab, and I noticed that the dealership included the "Resistall NG2" paint protection, and interior leather and fabric protection. It "Guarantees" the paint against tar, sap, bugs, etc. for 5 years. Normally I would have declined this, as most of these last...
  7. SFAngus

My Big Booty Dually Adventure Rig Build

Hi Everyone- I'm new to the forum, and wanted to start a thread to document the progress on my new truck. I'm coming from a 2018 Ecodiesel, and decided to pull the trigger on my dream truck. I've been looking around for a few months, evr since I saw the used truck prices on the Ecodiesels...
  8. SFAngus

Impatiently waiting...

Hi Everyone- I just signed the papers on my dream truck... a 2021 Laramie Limited Mega Cab, high output, two-tone, air suspension, etc... pretty much every single option. Now I just have to wait impatiently for them to ship the truck to me from Texas. (And now I need to sell my 2018...