Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Desert does it" front seat multi mount

SFAngus

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one if these, or checked them out? Seems like kind of a cool idea to mount things that you need quick access to.

Darkone

Reaction score
I have one sitting at the house just haven’t mounted it yet. From what I’ve looked at the mount I will have to remove the side trim on drivers side to access the left seat bolt. I planned on using it for a fire extinguisher mount.

Darkone

Reaction score
Finally got around to mounting the Desert Does It mount. Pretty straightforward Install, although You do have to remove the side trim if your vehicle is equipped. I am going to trim out for the mount to see if I can reinstall it later on a warmer day. For now I have a fire extinguisher mounted on it, but that may change down the road. Now for the most important part pictures.

BEACC41E-2E5D-44B5-9FC0-F60609A9A8BD.jpeg18024531-1525-4BB2-A2BA-8DF047F722E1.jpegD7FCA49A-41E6-4358-B205-6F8C90480EDD.jpeg

SFAngus

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for posting photos of the install! I was considering doing something similar, but I'm a little worried that I will just be kicking it constantly. Have you found it to be in the way?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for posting photos of the install! I was considering doing something similar, but I'm a little worried that I will just be kicking it constantly. Have you found it to be in the way?
I’m sure he will chime in, but I think that is a great spot for it. Reachable in an emergency. if you can grab it quickly, you might be able to save the rig. If you fumble it, ditch the rig.

I have had a fire extinguisher mounted in a very similar position on the passenger side of my rock crawler for years and it doesn’t get kicked by passengers. (I can reach it from my seat)

Kinda depends on how tall you are. Im short, so my seat is up closer. If you’re tall it works better. But, even if it was slightly in the way, that would be ok. Like carrying a pistol, it may not be as comfortable as not carrying one, but it’s comforting.

Darkone

Reaction score
I was concerned about the same thing, and if it proves to be to hindering I’ll be switching to a element fire extinguisher but in the same spot. It’s a lot smaller, and not keeping a fire extinguisher isn’t an option.

Currently I’ve caught my heel exiting the truck a couple times, I wear size 14 shoe. It hasnt been enough to say it’s in the way yet. Now I’m 6’1” and keep the seat farther back, my wife who regularly drives the truck is 5’7” I was more concerned with how much it interfered with her driving. So far so good.

Overall I like it, and will probably keep this set up. Hopefully this helps and I’ll report back if I decide to make any changes.

Users who are viewing this thread